It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Hahaha oh shit, this station is replacing Atlanta's WXRT and it's mostly going to be brothers:

Quote:
this may actually work.

this is V103 with sports.

only a targeted demographic in atlanta will be interested in the hawks.

now the two white sports talk stations can rest easy.

Quote:
As this new format for 92.9 appears to be a completely new genre for our city, would it be more appropriate to call this formula something more fitting like “Sports Jive-Talk” instead?

Quote:
I actually like Randy Cross very much, but he appears to be the “Jeremy Lin” on this radio lineup that has the relative demographic diversity of an NBA roster.

Quote:
Is this station targeting the black demographic?

How lucky can one guy be...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So Goff won't be at the Hoops event then?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Atlanta's WXRT? No, more like Atlanta's equivalent to WJMK when they were a clone of "JACK FM" known there as "DAVE FM".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
Hahaha oh shit, this station is replacing Atlanta's WXRT and it's mostly going to be brothers:

Quote:
this may actually work.

this is V103 with sports.

only a targeted demographic in atlanta will be interested in the hawks.

now the two white sports talk stations can rest easy.

Quote:
As this new format for 92.9 appears to be a completely new genre for our city, would it be more appropriate to call this formula something more fitting like “Sports Jive-Talk” instead?

Quote:
I actually like Randy Cross very much, but he appears to be the “Jeremy Lin” on this radio lineup that has the relative demographic diversity of an NBA roster.

Quote:
Is this station targeting the black demographic?

How lucky can one guy be...

Good to see that Georgia is integrating just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am 

SHARK wrote:
Atlanta's WXRT? No, more like Atlanta's equivalent to WJMK when they were a clone of "JACK FM" known there as "DAVE FM".

Wrong-o, "[Name] FM" nomenclature notwithstanding, the wikipedia page for WZGC clearly says it's a Triple-A.

http://929dave.cbslocal.com/playlist/

I see Pete Yorn, the Decemberists, Unforgettable Fire U2, and Phoenix. That's XRT, man.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Wrong-o, "[Name] FM" nomenclature notwithstanding, the wikipedia page for WZGC clearly says it's a Triple-A.

CH, that's what that station was known as down there. "DAVE FM".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am 

What's your point? It's not a Jack FM format.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Goff will be fine. He'll talk Hawks, Falcolns and his frequent trips to Magic City. Maybe even have Sir as a guest if Bears meeet the Falcolns in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

I was making reference to what that station's format was before. It might not have been "JACK FM" necessarily, but those jockless formats went by a bunch of similar names.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 am 

SHARK wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I was making reference to what that station's format was before. It might not have been "JACK FM" necessarily, but those jockless formats went by a bunch of similar names.

Come on, you're Mr. Research, and now you're obviously coasting. They never did the Play What We Want format.

Quote:
The station was one of the most rigid Atlanta FM radio stations in terms of name and callsign. Prior to 1972, it was the first full-time FM Atlanta classical music station, with the call letters WGKA-FM. It changed to WZGC in 1972, when it began as an album-oriented rock station. It switched to Top 40 in March 1973 as "Z-93", then to an urban format during the summer of 1987, and then to classic rock in January 1989, while retaining the "Z-93" moniker. The name change to Dave FM and format switch to adult album alternative came on July 22, 2004, following a stunt featuring all-Dave Matthews Band music. Dave FM's first song was "Orange Crush" by R.E.M..

So in Chicago terms, it went from being WFMT to XRT to GCI to the Loop back to XRT. I knew what I was saying when I said it. Why couldn't you let me say it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Come on, you're Mr. Research, and now you're obviously coasting. They never did the Play What We Want format.

Quote:
The station was one of the most rigid Atlanta FM radio stations in terms of name and callsign. Prior to 1972, it was the first full-time FM Atlanta classical music station, with the call letters WGKA-FM. It changed to WZGC in 1972, when it began as an album-oriented rock station. It switched to Top 40 in March 1973 as "Z-93", then to an urban format during the summer of 1987, and then to classic rock in January 1989, while retaining the "Z-93" moniker. The name change to Dave FM and format switch to adult album alternative came on July 22, 2004, following a stunt featuring all-Dave Matthews Band music. Dave FM's first song was "Orange Crush" by R.E.M..

So in Chicago terms, it went from being WFMT to XRT to GCI to the Loop back to XRT. I knew what I was saying when I said it. Why couldn't you let me say it?

Okay...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cool it, Curious Hair. Maybe SHARK used to be a radio DJ.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm 

Sorry. I think we all bristle at being incorrected. Completely unnecessary tangent nevertheless.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Sorry. I think we all bristle at being incorrected.

Actually, CH, thanks for clarifying. It's no big deal what that station was before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 pm 

Yeah. I'm just glad our CBS cluster isn't taking away our dork-rock station. Not that I listen much, but I want to know that I can listen to Wilco on the radio if I want to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
$5000 Suit wrote:
Goff will be fine. He'll talk Hawks, Falcolns and his frequent trips to Magic City. Maybe even have Sir as a guest if Bears meeet the Falcolns in the playoffs.

Jesus .... that's a little early to foist that kind of thing on his still-new listeners, no?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I hope Goff spends his first few weeks talking Sandusky. It's a story that needs to be told and since it's such a big college town I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
I hope Goff spends his first few weeks talking Sandusky. It's a story that needs to be told and since it's such a big college town I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Hmmm I wonder how much Bobby Cremmins knew about what was going on.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Good for Jason. Hope it turns out well for him in ATL.

He was too "outspoken" for the local suits at CBS. Perhaps in a year he can displace Randy Cross too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

He was too "outspoken" for the local suits at CBS. Perhaps in a year he can displace Randy Cross too.
:lol: :lol: is that what it was? Jason Goff, they couldnt give him his own show because it wouldve been too dangerous.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Speaking of Randy Cross, what has happened to this guy?

He & veteran PBP Don Criqui were not retained for the "NFL on CBS" this season, while Cross has been relegated to CBS Sports Network as one of the analysts on "Inside College Football" during the week and occasionally analyzes the college game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
If Goff got a nightly show then good for him. I thought it was just a weekend show originally. Best of luck to him. I can't see why they just couldn't team him up with Larry at 6PM.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
If Goff got a nightly show then good for him. I thought it was just a weekend show originally. Best of luck to him. I can't see why they just couldn't team him up with Larry at 6PM.

Agreed, it worked out for Tim Reid and Tom Dreesen just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

SHARK wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

He & veteran PBP Don Criqui were not retained for the "NFL on CBS" this season, while Cross has been relegated to CBS Sports Network as one of the analysts on "Inside College Football" during the week and occasionally analyzes the college game.

Wherever he was SHARK, they should have left him there.

Had coffee with a friend this AM who is lunching with Criqui on Saturday before the Stanford-ND game. I believe Criqui spends a lot of time doing personal services stuff like that for IMG.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:54 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Wherever he was SHARK, they should have left him there.

Had coffee with a friend this AM who is lunching with Criqui on Saturday before the Stanford-ND game. I believe Criqui spends a lot of time doing personal services stuff like that for IMG.

Interesting...That should be a doozy Saturday afternoon with Stanford/Notre Dame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:55 pm 

spmack wrote:
Check out the comments section of this blog.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012 ... t-24/?cp=1

I completely missed all of these the first time. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

:lol: :lol: is that what it was? Jason Goff, they couldnt give him his own show because it wouldve been too dangerous.

Outspoken people are problematic in almost all corporate cultures.

On a personal and professional level, Jason is about as real as it gets. Straight up to your face, no matter what and NEVER behind your back. In an industry full of low self esteem personalities, dangerous is one word that you could use to describe that type of person.

Whether you agree with him or not, Goff is one of the the things that is right about the industry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Seacrest wrote:
On a personal and professional level, Jason is about as real as it gets. Straight up to your face, no matter what and NEVER behind your back. In an industry full of low self esteem personalities, dangerous is one word that you could use to describe that type of person.

Whether you agree with him or not, Goff is one of the the things that is right about the industry.

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
One of "ours" made it, friends

Congrats to Jason

You should tweet that out to him.

(if you miss the reference, seacrest, RPB famously got blocked by goff on twitter for daring to disagree with him. i too have been blocked for pointing out his transparent attempts to cultivate an ALS via selective RTs and the blocking..... my concept was that he was better than that and should transcend, but well, he had/has his career in mind, no doubt)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

sinicalypse wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
One of "ours" made it, friends

Congrats to Jason

You should tweet that out to him.

(if you miss the reference, seacrest, RPB famously got blocked by goff on twitter for daring to disagree with him. i too have been blocked for pointing out his transparent attempts to cultivate an ALS via selective RTs and the blocking..... my concept was that he was better than that and should transcend, but well, he had/has his career in mind, no doubt)

I don't know anything about twitter.

Is Goff the only person that ever blocked RPB?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
No love lost for Larry but he didnt have to move to get his own gig here in Chicago. Can bust on Larry for lots of things but the dude has done pretty well for himself in the 3rd biggest market in the land, he didnt have to take a step down to do it.

It reminds me of a franchise that goes out and signs Wade, Bosh, and James, spending all of their money in the process, yet still has to find 2 other guys to put on the floor to start, and at least 6 after that to meet requirements. Now they're raiding homeless shanties and convincing dinosaurs that should have retired years ago to stick around one more year for league minimum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next