It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
spmack wrote:
Drop In wrote:
Dominicks? I suck at this game.

I think me and Krazy Ivan were playing the "Stores with the unnecessary S added to the end of their name" game, but I'm not sure.

I know. :wink:

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spmack wrote:
Drop In wrote:
Dominicks? I suck at this game.

I think me and Krazy Ivan were playing the "Stores with the unnecessary S added to the end of their name" game, but I'm not sure.

Yeah. Those were the only two that really come to mind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Polish Prince
Let the games begin!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Did they just reference Alec "Seth" Campbell?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Just turned it on & caught the last couple minutes before the break. Did they have an overproduced intro?

sinicalypse wrote:
where's the link for this? android app per chance?

Don't know if its been mentioned since I haven't read everything, but just change the location to Atlanta in the CBS Your Day Android App.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm 

There really wasn't much of an intro. Not sure any of the shows even have one yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Nothing says Jason Goff like coming out of break to Collective Soul. :lol: :lol:

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm 

Sounds weird to keep hearing the names Mac and Terry!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Krazy Ivan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
I think you're kidding, right? I don't know your shtick. I like B&B for the most part. I like Danny Mac. I like Spiegs. I don't like LoHo. I like Waddle. I like Silvy. I like SVP.

I see a pattern:

Dislikes
Jason Goff
Laurence Holmes

:D

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38901

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Larry's garbage is almost always over the top. I do, however, agree with Bernstein a good portion of the time when he sees racism in certain things.

People hating Benson had nothing to do with race. Larry is a moron...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
I think you're kidding, right? I don't know your shtick. I like B&B for the most part. I like Danny Mac. I like Spiegs. I don't like LoHo. I like Waddle. I like Silvy. I like SVP.

I see a pattern:

Dislikes
Jason Goff
Laurence Holmes

:D

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38901

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Larry's garbage is almost always over the top. I do, however, agree with Bernstein a good portion of the time when he sees racism in certain things.

People hating Benson had nothing to do with race. Larry is a moron...

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Drop In wrote:
Nothing says Jason Goff like coming out of break to Collective Soul. :lol: :lol:

jay electronica's from NYC, right? this means that he might have a harder time playing one of his faves, exhibit C.

then again, he wasn't brought down there to produce. he was brought down there to interface, dammit. let the producers quickly figure out what time of day it is..... tho i doubt you'll hear the pharoahe monch simon says drop (you know, the godzilla hiphop beat) cuz IIRC, that album is OOP and not even able to be sold on itunes cuz monch/producer never went and cleared the godzilla sample.

imma have to toss this on.... is it a FULL BOAT 4hr show with the full a-team down there? goff's got his newschool mac v2.0 so let's hear some goddamn radio.... go SEC!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Not sure of the point, Curious. I like just about everyone on the Score but M & H. I see Laurence for who he is and he therefor doen't bother me. Break it down for me, if you wish. I'm not too bright.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
:lol:

Coach Bob ‏@KokuaMultisport

@Jason1Goff what the heck is 92.9? You guys leave @670TheScore?

He thinks the Mac is for Dan McNeil.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Goff almost made it through the first hour without talking race!

ALMOST!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

speaking of....

"TWO GUYS.... LOCKED IN A ROOM TOGETHER.... FOR FOUR HOURS.... IT'S MAC AND JASON!"

that slogan doesn't exactly inspire all kinds of awe and wonder in me.... they gotta cut some new bumpers pronto =D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm 

Anyone else find it funny/ironic that the guy with Goff bragged about his 40 years in the business and specifically said he figured someone like Goff would need an experienced vet like him? The guy sounds like the "worst of Score Search '13". He speaks like he is unaware of how his voice sounds on the radio. Goff the one that sounds like he's been doing this for 40 years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Couple things -

J is good at talking.

Mac is good at giving out the phone number.

They need to determine who is driving. Mac keeps going to the phones when Jason is the guy with the screen.

Needs work. But, at least they are talking sports - including college.

Who was the Mike from Chicago who was their first caller and wanted to talk Bears?

Goff brought up "the fire and the passion" that he wants to see from Atlanta fans. WYC?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:23 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Couple things -

J is good at talking.

They need to determine who is driving. Mac keeps going to the phones when Jason is the guy with the screen.

Who was the Mike from Chicago who was their first caller and wanted to talk Bears?

Goff brought up "the fire and the passion" that he wants to see from Atlanta fans. WYC?

Jason's gotta drive. This guy Mac is old, and should play Terry role and should sit back and agree with everything Jason says and make odd noises.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm 

spmack wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Couple things -

J is good at talking.

Jason's gotta drive. This guy Mac is old, and should play Terry role and should sit back and agree with everything Jason says and make odd noises.

The problem is Boers has sort of a charming, antiquated goofiness to him. This guy sounds like a worse version of mike mulligan with roid rage. Just really bad.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Talkin Braves :lol: :lol:

He really wants to talk about Ozzie getting fired.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
Jason doing his filibuster thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Mark Prior's Calves wrote:
Jason doing his filibuster thing.

No shit. Non-stop talking!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm 

I tuned in at the top of the hour, a welcomed change from the predictable smugness of Hub. I was able to hang with it for about 2 hours before I had to bail. I'll probably tune back in again tomorrow as a welcomed change from the predictable crappiness of WYC.

The Good: They've got room to grow with the power of a big name radio corporation behind them. They'll get the guests, they carry a team (college) so they'll have a built in following, they're Atlanta's only 24 hour sports talker so they can carve out an audience niche. Chances are somebody won't like doing radio after six months so there's a reason to give maximum effort.

The Bad: The Bernstine runs deep in this one as he should instead remember the days before Mike North became known as Pappy. Its about the callers, not another transplant coming down to Atlanta who on one hand expresses cultural ignorance of the south and on the other hand thinks he knows more/better than the locals just because he's not from the south. He's not an ex-jock, he doesn't have vast cultural or even practical experience, he's not a funny guy nor very amusing.

The verdict: Let the callers have their say. Make the show a destination after a work day but avoid the WSCR Bernstein/LoHo trap of acting or believing that the person with the microphone is the smartest person around, and therefore needs to talk even more. Its like meeting a woman for the first time, you don't tell her about herself or what she should or shouldn't know, or how to act or think. Be the host that listens, it will make your few point seem more valid and valuable.

Best of luck to you, Jason.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
No not DaMaNee.

Mac McDonald and our very own Jason "George" Goff talk Atlanta sports starting at 5.

Listen in or you're a racist.

Podcast available?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
The Bernstine runs deep in this one as he should instead remember the days before Mike North became known as Pappy. Its about the callers, not another transplant coming down to Atlanta who on one hand expresses cultural ignorance of the south and on the other hand thinks he knows more/better than the locals just because he's not from the south. He's not an ex-jock, he doesn't have vast cultural or even practical experience, he's not a funny guy nor very amusing.

I think Jason can be pretty funny sometimes, but most of this sounds like it was on point. (I didn't catch the show yet, but plan to.) Unfortunately, sports talk radio isn't about the callers anymore. It's been ossified into Old Media, the way the newspapers were to radio's New Media. Having a sports radio show now automatically confers infallible insight and wisdom because you must Be Somebody if you're doing it: either someone who got in on the ground floor, a former sportswriter, any flavor of moonlighter, an ex-athlete, or, failing all of the above, someone who tautologically just matters because he's on the radio and is on the radio because he just matters. Jason isn't Mac, Terry, Mulligan, or Hampton (or Leery teeheehee), so I guess he's the latter. No one else has to give a shit what Cooter in Alpharetta thinks. I bet Randy Cross and Kordell Stewart don't. Why should Jason damn Goff, right?

I can't see crapping all over the South working out well. You can crap on Chicago as a Chicagolander because it's coming from within and we can all admit that a lot of bad comes with the good. But the people who listen to Atlanta sports radio are probably going to be the ones who are provincial enough to really care about not just the local teams but the local culture, and I'm willing to bet they've already had it up to here with these Yankees coming down to fill up their office parks and shopping malls, bitching all the while about how this traffic is even worse than New York and you can't get a good cheesesteak and these rednecks are terrible and on and on. So you tune to your LOCAL sports station to reinforce your LOCAL pride, and it's some guy from Chicago making fun of you? Won't work.

I do wish Jason the best, and hope he can capture the sort of populist spirit that sports talk radio has lost and needs back, because I've heard him do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 pm 

When did Goff go "Bernstein" on someone or something? I pretty much listened to the whole show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Jason hasn't made fun of the South or gone "Bernstein" on anyone tonight. Not sure where this whole thing is even coming from. Folks are just projecting, I guess.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Jason hasn't made fun of the South or gone "Bernstein" on anyone tonight. Not sure where this whole thing is even coming from. Folks are just projecting, I guess.

Oh ok. I read it wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm 

Like I said, didn't listen. I guess I presumed that was an accurate account. But it would be problematic if he did, no?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He's gone a little Bernstein.

But that should be expected. Mac was a Chet clone when he started out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I listened for about an hour earlier. I'll tune in again. It's pretty "slick" right now and needs to roughen up around the edges more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next