It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 pm 

How does the OU receiver not get a flag for woofing after not scoring that TD?? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spanky wrote:
They could go undefeated and still not make the championship. :evil:

I have a feeling that won't happen - the not making it if undefeated part.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
spanky wrote:
They could go undefeated and still not make the championship. :evil:

I have a feeling that won't happen - the not making it if undefeated part.

I'm not saying it's a lock by any means. But I think a lot people would have said the same thing after their 3rd game of the season.

And 4th.

And 8th.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 pm 

After what ND has done this year, which team looks that imposing that is remaining on the schedule?

Pitt and Wake at home
BC and USC on the road

USC is the obvious answer, but they look surprisingly average comapared to what they were projected.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
No, I totally think they could be undefeated.

I just think someone "will find a way" to get an undefeated ND team in the Championship Game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 pm 

I just think someone "will find a way" to get an undefeated ND team in the Championship Game.

Sorry I misread your post.

The way the "experts" put it - the SEC gets team in no matter what. Even if they all have a loss (assuming they all have no more than one loss).

Not sure that ND's schedule is strong enough (thanks Big 10 :wink: ) to overcome undefeated Oregon or KSU if they happen to be....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 pm 

spanky wrote:

Sorry I misread your post.

The way the "experts" put it - the SEC gets team in no matter what. Even if they all have a loss (assuming they all have no more than one loss).

Not sure that ND's schedule is strong enough (thanks Big 10 :wink: ) to overcome undefeated Oregon or KSU if they happen to be....

Something "weird" will happen.

WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This year would be great for the plus 1 game. Bama, Oregon, ND, K-STATE. Oregon vs ND and Bama K-State in the semis and the winners play for it all. That would be sick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Impressive road win, I am becoming a believer ...have no clue how USC and Ohio st are ranked so high...I don't think either are top 25 teams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
spanky wrote:
After what ND has done this year, which team looks that imposing that is remaining on the schedule?

Pitt and Wake at home
BC and USC on the road

USC is the obvious answer, but they look surprisingly average comapared to what they were projected.

Not this guy
http://a4.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0903/rn_usc_hawaii_ms_16.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: ***
I thought this was the game it would all come crashing down, especially on the secondary. I was obviously wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Pittsburgh is playing much better and could be trickier than they look on paper, so next week could be dangerous.

Honestly, between Oregon, K-State, and ND, flip a coin. I think that Oregon is probably the best of the group, but they also have the least impressive resume. November will be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I believe they will. I also believe that number will rise to 13 by game time.

not quite Nas, but I do my best

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
Irish Boy wrote:
Pittsburgh is playing much better and could be trickier than they look on paper, so next week could be dangerous.

Honestly, between Oregon, K-State, and ND, flip a coin. I think that Oregon is probably the best of the group, but they also have the least impressive resume. November will be a lot of fun.

I agree about Pitt. That game is the definition of a trap game. They worry me more than BC or Wake.

ND needs USC and/or Stanford to beat Oregon. Not just to give Oregon a loss, but to boost its own strength of schedule. KSU's schedule is pretty easy and we all know Bama is that good. I have a hard time seeing either lose during this season.

Here's the question: If Bama loses in the SEC title game and ND remains undefeated, is that enough for ND to get into the BCS title game?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
An undefeated ND will be in the National Championship game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm 

Lots O' tickets remaining for Manti's last game at ND.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Old Man River wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

I agree about Pitt. That game is the definition of a trap game. They worry me more than BC or Wake.

ND needs USC and/or Stanford to beat Oregon. Not just to give Oregon a loss, but to boost its own strength of schedule. KSU's schedule is pretty easy and we all know Bama is that good. I have a hard time seeing either lose during this season.

Here's the question: If Bama loses in the SEC title game and ND remains undefeated, is that enough for ND to get into the BCS title game?

If ND is undefeated at seasons end, they will make the title game. Regardless of who else is in the discussion. ND is too valuable for the BCS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 pm 

An undefeated team from a BCS conference that is not the Big East should make the title game over an undefeated independent IMO provided they have a conference championship game. The Pac 12 doesn't have a conference championship does it?

If K-State and Bama are undefeated then that is my championship game.
If Oregon doesn't have to play a conference championship game and are undefeated then my game is Bama and ND.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
An undefeated team from a BCS conference that is not the Big East should make the title game over an undefeated independent IMO provided they have a conference championship game. The Pac 12 doesn't have a conference championship does it?

If Oregon doesn't have to play a conference championship game and are undefeated then my game is Bama and ND.

$$$$$$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm 

The Big 12 doesn't have a conference title game. You still think KSU should be in?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm 

spanky wrote:

The Big 12 doesn't have a conference title game. You still think KSU should be in?

What happened to their title game?? god dammit :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 pm 

spanky wrote:

What happened to their title game?? god dammit :twisted:

They lost it when schools started bailing for SEC....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Oregon will probably play USC again in the PAC 12 title game. 2 more USC losses to tank their SoS for ND

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Oregon will probably play USC again in the PAC 12 title game. 2 more USC losses to tank their SoS for ND

So the Pac 12 does have a title game? I'm fine with Oregon going to the championship game then if they run the table.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
There is plenty of time left for every team to choke away their dreams... let's just be patient.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

So the Pac 12 does have a title game? I'm fine with Oregon going to the championship game then if they run the table.

I believe the "rule" is that a conference must have 12+ teams to have a title game.

I may be wrong. Only IB knows for sure on stuff like this. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
KDdidit wrote:

The Pac-12 had a Championship Game a year ago, but it was NOT at a neutral site like the Big Ten had in Indianapolis, guys.

As for this weekend, Oregon/USC gets the Gus Johnson/Charles Davis/Julie Alexandria treatment Saturday night on "FOX College Saturday", the nightcap of a Big 12/Pac 12 twinbill on the network. It'll kickoff with TCU/West Virginia @ 2P, followed by the Erin Andrews/Joey Harrington/Eddie George "FOX College Saturday" bridge show after the game and Oregon/USC @ 6P-ish.

Alabama/LSU is BIG enough to warrant Saturday night primetime on CBS with Mac's buddy Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson & Tracy Wolfson calling it @ 7P, and also heard on 670 The SCORE via Dial Global Radio Network.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

I think they do have a title game but don't they have some rule against non elibigble teams playing? I remember something with UCLA playing in at 6-6 last year because of USC being banned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I think they do have a title game but don't they have some rule against non elibigble teams playing? I remember something with UCLA playing in at 6-6 last year because of USC being banned.

Guys, the Pac 12 and Big Ten have title games. Unfortunately, because of NCAA sanctions, Ohio State & Penn State can't play in the Big Ten title game this year. Those 2 teams can still win their division, but that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Correct. UCLA then got to a bowl game even though they had a losing record (6-7).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm 

spanky wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Correct. UCLA then got to a bowl game even though they had a losing record (6-7).

UCLA & Illinois played in the Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl at the home of MLB's new World Champion Giants, AT&T Park in San Francisco, a year ago. Two words...Keep it. :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next