It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
I really like the cut of Spiegs' jib today. He disagreed with Hub on his thoughts on the Bears' coaching maneuvers, and then he goes at it with Jim Miller in regards to RG III not getting pulled. These are two guests that I think should be challenged on their thoughts a lot more, and luckily Spiegs seems to agree.

Last edited by FloydGondolli on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gelsosomo's
Spiegs barely makes it to work 5 days a week for a job that requires sitting and talking, so of course he wouldn't comprehend the idea of an athlete not wanting to come out of a game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 pm 

Mac gushing about hockey being back should be the subject of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mini Ditka wrote:
Mac gushing about hockey being back should be the subject of this thread.

Step up, be man and make happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
FloydGondolli wrote:
I really like the cut of Spiegs' jib today. He disagreed with Hub on his thoughts on the Bears' coaching thoughts, and then he goes at it with Jim Miller in regards to RG III not getting pulled. These are two guests that I think should be challenged on their thoughts a lot more, and luckily Spiegs seems to agree.

While Spiegs put up a good fight, it was worthless when a guy who played QB in the NFL tells him about all the injuries he played with. That battle, you are not going to win.

Reminds me of Larry one time complaining about a sore knee during the Hamp and Holmes era...and Larry kept complaining of how much it hurt...FINALLY Larry realized that the guy sitting with him is not the guy you wanna tell about how bad your knee boo boo hurts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
bigfan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:
I really like the cut of Spiegs' jib today. He disagreed with Hub on his thoughts on the Bears' coaching thoughts, and then he goes at it with Jim Miller in regards to RG III not getting pulled. These are two guests that I think should be challenged on their thoughts a lot more, and luckily Spiegs seems to agree.

While Spiegs put up a good fight, it was worthless when a guy who played QB in the NFL tells him about all the injuries he played with. That battle, you are not going to win.

Reminds me of Larry one time complaining about a sore knee during the Hamp and Holmes era...and Larry kept complaining of how much it hurt...FINALLY Larry realized that the guy sitting with him is not the guy you wanna tell about how bad your knee boo boo hurts.

It was just nice to hear someone challenge Miller. I think he's a crappy guest and it always seems like he watched a game that nobody else saw. I thought he was wrong in thinking RG III should have stayed in because that's what tough football players do. Spiegs was right, RG III was bad and they should have replaced him because he didn't give them a chance to win. But that's neither here nor there.

Last edited by FloydGondolli on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
FloydGondolli wrote:
bigfan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

It was just nice to hear someone challenge Miller. I think he's a crappy guest and it always seems like he watched a game that nobody else saw. I thought he was wrong in thinking RG III should have stayed in because that's what tough football players dude. Spiegs was right, RG III was bad and they should have replaced him because he didn't give them a chance to win. But that's neither here nor there.

Jim Miller also mentioned something about the Bears should also talk to ESPN's Jon Gruden about the head coaching job.

Hello? McFly?! Gruden's not leaving "Monday Night Football"!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:34 pm 

FloydGondolli wrote:
bigfan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

It was just nice to hear someone challenge Miller. I think he's a crappy guest and it always seems like he watched a game that nobody else saw. I thought he was wrong in thinking RG III should have stayed in because that's what tough football players dude. Spiegs was right, RG III was bad and they should have replaced him because he didn't give them a chance to win. But that's neither here nor there.

also, wasn't Miller watching most of the games in his career from the bench. How often could he have possibly needed to play hurt?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:46 pm 

"Our" Jim Miller...Played 7 years....in 37 games and started 27...

Enough to whip out the "Where did you play your ball" defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm 

Didn't Jim Miller throw for over 400 yards for the Bears in a game against the Vikings?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
FloydGondolli wrote:

+1

Miller's a brainless, Bears-slurping dunce.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Dave In Champaign wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

+1

Miller's a brainless, Bears-slurping dunce.

+2 on crappy guest. +1 on brainless, Bear-slurping dunce.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
Didn't Jim Miller throw for over 400 yards for the Bears in a game against the Vikings?

He was one of those guys who when he came in as a backup always played well enough for some team to think he can start for them...Bears became that team after his first 2 years in Pitt.

I would say he plays in a Super Bowl other than Rex, thats a game v Indy!