It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
And please...Never, EVER, use "weak sauce" again if you can help it. Thank you.

Your stuff is weak sauce.

Weak, weak, weak.

Yep. Can't help it. Bless your heart...

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SomeGuy wrote:
I don't listen "nearly every day", I do post about it nearly every day because that's the forum where the action is.

Pretty simple, child, even you can understand!

Look. You don't have to lie to me. I understand. The show is very entertaining and it draws you in. Keeps your attention. I get that. Just be honest about it. You listen more than I do. I can always count on a bunch of guys here to pretend that they aren't listening and keep me well informed of the daily happenings when I can't tune in. You are on the top of that list. And I thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
I don't listen "nearly every day", I do post about it nearly every day because that's the forum where the action is.

Look. You don't have to lie to me. I understand. The show is very entertaining and it draws you in. Keeps your attention. I get that. Just be honest about it. You listen more than I do. I can always count on a bunch of guys here to pretend that they aren't listening and keep me well informed of the daily happenings when I can't tune in. You are on the top of that list. And I thank you.

I like bits, just not yours.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm 

Not a bit. Just hits a little too close to home. If you're uncomfortable, no one will think less of you for backing away...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Not a bit. Just hits a little too close to home. If you're uncomfortable, no one will think less of you for backing away...

I never back down from a fight!

Especially on the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm 

There is no fight here. Just a friendly discussion between B&B fans who listen to the show a lot.

Peace and Love.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
badrogue17 wrote:
I know it may sound crazy, Ivan but it is possible to follow along with the show every day and not listen at all just by reading the thread.

I don't agree with that. Much of what is posted is speculation or out and out inaccurate. The best way for one to decide for one's self if the show is bad or not would be to listen.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm 

In the coming weeks, I'm going to do a public service and post alternative activities for those who aren't sure what else to do when Boers & Bernstein comes on. It's a small, simple world and I completely understand why someone would feel as though they have no choice but to listen to a show that aggravates them every....single.....time they listen. I'm just here to help, so save the thank you's...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SomeGuy wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Weak, weak, weak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Weak, weak, weak.

There it is!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
I know it may sound crazy, Ivan but it is possible to follow along with the show every day and not listen at all just by reading the thread.

I don't agree with that. Much of what is posted is speculation or out and out inaccurate. The best way for one to decide for one's self if the show is bad or not would be to listen.

Would you consider what Curious Hair, Dave in Champaign, Farve Fan and until recently Speeps post while the show is going on to be speculation and inaccurate ? I would think as far as most posters go on the board, the are some of the more credible ones. Especially since they are self professed fans or former fans of the show and in my opinion tell it like it is and even agree with B & B on occasion when they are on point about something. I find it quite easy to follow whats going on by reading their posts and not listening.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Would you consider what Curious Hair, Dave in Champaign, Farve Fan and until recently Speeps post while the show is going on to be speculation and inaccurate ? I would think as far as most posters go on the board, the are some of the more credible ones. Especially since they are self professed fans or former fans of the show and in my opinion tell it like it is and even agree with B & B on occasion when they are on point about something. I find it quite easy to follow whats going on by reading their posts and not listening.

Point taken Brogue. What I'm more specifically referring to is when a poster says, "They're probably gonna say _____ about _____." Then you have 4 or 5 guys whipping themselves into a frenzy about something that hasn't happened. And then when the show starts and the original poster's prediction doesn't pan out, it's just onto the next huge assumption or logic leap.

Or when a poster tries to find hypocrisy by saying, "Aren't these the same guys who said ____?" And then I have to come in and say, "Actually, no. They didn't say that. What they really said was_____."

What I'm saying is that a non-listener would be easily misled by simply following what's posted in the thread. I'm not saying it's all inaccurate, and the guys you cited above are definitely credible. I'm just saying that there's also a lot of BS to sift through as well.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Point taken Brogue. What I'm more specifically referring to is when a poster says, "They're probably gonna say _____ about _____." Then you have 4 or 5 guys whipping themselves into a frenzy about something that hasn't happened. And then when the show starts and the original poster's prediction doesn't pan out, it's just onto the next huge assumption or logic leap.

Or when a poster tries to find hypocrisy by saying, "Aren't these the same guys who said ____?" And then I have to come in and say, "Actually, no. They didn't say that. What they really said was_____."

What I'm saying is that a non-listener would be easily misled by simply following what's posted in the thread. I'm not saying it's all inaccurate, and the guys you cited above are definitely credible. I'm just saying that there's also a lot of BS to sift through as well.

I don't get to listen to Mac nearly as much since he moved to mid days. If I were to believe most of the posters here, I would think the show stinks. Yet on those occasions I get to listen I really enjoy it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm 

Exactly Dolphin. One should listen for oneself and not take others' words for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

goddamn this new laptop.... it has a propensity to jump all over the place (your text jumps to the cursr location, 99% in previous text, and keeps on going) and then BRILLIANT WINDOWS 8 DESIGN RE: UPPER RIGHT OF SCREEN M8) so i lost my real thoughtful reply to you on this (you so owe a skypoint)

DEMYSTIFICATION OF THE SPORTS TALK RADIO SHOW

basically, there's a giant parallel here between bernstein and howard stern. stern got huge being a "man of the people" and "inventing reality tv" (through radio, of course, cuz his radio show as SOOOO REAL) but still, throughout the 80s>>early/mid-90s he cultivated an audience that got a quality show and had sass and intelligence and the propensity to go ballbustin whenever the call was needed. eventually, howard became one of the phone super-rich hollywood/celebs who dumped the mother of his kids, married a GIRL known for WORKING via modeliing in europe (SOUNDS ASS BACKWARDS TO ME) and then get uber-paid at sirius, who he feels later scewed hiim on another $300mil (outside of all of the actual pay and allegedly possible stock working) which led to stagnance and later an utmost sense of disdain for his fans "I'LL PISS ON MY FANS" was once decreed by howard.

dan's actualyparallel is more in tune with 80s NBC late night with david letterman. the best way i heard that show described was that "it's like one big long inside joke that the audience is invited to be in on". indeed, whatever johnny carson and the tonight show did to build up the inerent mysticism of the late night talk show, dave deconstructed it.... he got producers/interns/staff on the air... he turned manty staple comedy sketches into surreal stuff... and by and lage, it was like there was this one little outpost of enjoyable sanity out there in the wastelands of late night talk shows and dave was IT.

of course, dave would go on to get the 11:35/10:35 slot @ CBS and then he had to "tone down" his act and get back to what the job entails: "being a pimp for the entertainment industry" - (actual quote from dave when he was forced to sit there and watch paris hilton carry on about her new movie) ---and yeah, basically, dave knows what it is he's handsomely compensated and life goes on, tupac.

much like dave, dan came up as the little overeducated beat writer who could. he worked up through the sporadic gigs, and when he got his crack in the mornings with terry he ran with it. much like dave, the show was a big giant inside joke that the clever audience of his could be in on.... just think of all the cutesy terms ranging from "m jef" to "president haywood" to "yaha time" that we've gotten from him, and ask yourself, what has he made up lately? dan used to deconstruct THE BIG SPORTS TALK SHOW by telling hisstories, getting producers to chime in on the air like 3rd/4th cohosts, and the formula worked well enough to go from a cult favorite to a favorite to a station favrite, ergo FOTS (face of the show). once he crossed that FOTS line there was no turning back... there was no president-haywoood-type-name for obama, and there was never this acutely self-aware youd-usually-have-to=be-stoned-to-see-this-big-of-a-picture reminder to us that he's talkng about sports every day FOR A LIVING THAT PAYS A LOT MORE THAN COMPARED TO OTHER PROFESSIONS WHERE PPL DO WORK DIRECTLY INVALUABLE TO OUR DAY TO DAY LIFE.

but that's gone now.... and to FINALLY get to the meat of your issue, KI... we're doing what stern fans do.... we hang out in our forums together (the score, or well at least terry, used to say that the score was a place that brought MEN together. evidently that memo came pretty quickly cuz he didnt say that term for too long) so like, for those of us fans who proudly trumpeted b&b as a veitable tiny island in the middle of a vast ocean of meatball sports platitudes, erm, talk.... well now said island isbasically one little tee/flag in the middle of the desert that is the score.... and the score advertises that tree as the most marketable tree in human existence so ad-buyers have your credit cards ready.

really, the constant negativity about b&b shows how much people love/d the show. or maybe love/hate is a matrix.... they CARE about the show.... cuz that's what it comes down to.... like in howard sterns's movie they had demos satying that his fans listened to ~30 mins a day on average, yet the haters would listen for ~60..... what's the single reason? THEY WANTED TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS NEXT,

so yeah, obviously for the firist time in my life b&b has a plethora of PTFB moments.... and once you reach that point, you wanna see how low it can go... how far it can sink....just like ppl who slow down the whole damn edens 3+ lanes just to gawk at an IDOT truck preparing to tow away a post-accident car, you know, on a subconscious level they wanna see 2/3 of a torso handing out the window with blood gushing in all directions.... i mean, why slow down to near-stop and have the traffic back up for 3-4 miles.... FOR AN ACCIDENT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD?!?!

same thing applies here with howard/bernstein. their chickens have come home to roost... their custom-made intelligent fans who were challenged to hate all other radio and see their stuff as a baseline for excellence.... a lowest-common-denominator of corporate acquisition and re/division.... well, when you spend a bunch of years compelling your audience to DEMAND BETTER FROM THEIR RADIO STATIOS. DON'T TALK ABOUT PLACING WELL IN A CERTAIN DEMO IN THE ARBITRON BOOK, DAMMIT, WIN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ARBITRON BOOKS AND GET YOUR NAME ON THE BACK....

well ok i'm a bit drinky and now totaly over rambling like any non-spoken-for chick @ a CSFMB meetup, but my point still stands.... sure it might annoy ya some, KI, sure it might make you wonder WTF??! WHO ARE THESE OBSESSED WEIRDOS WHO EVIDENTLY SPEND ALL DAY LISTENING TO A SHOW ONLY TO COME ONLINE AND TRASH IT ONSTOP?!!?

answer: they're fans.... the CSFMB superfans.... and like, when your shit goes sour and the hook of outkast's roses beckons you to come in a little bit closer and see what roses really smell like.... welp, perhaps one thing the show ill alwyas ahve is that even during this "decline" or hopefully just these temporary "dark ages" there ARE a ton of people rer have itnterest in what they do* however, after 10+ years of the show-driving-host going neurotic trying to singlehandedly will us to his "level" or "view" of the wide world of sports, he can't be all up in arms when the very ppl whom he un/wittingly (aka don/mattingly) gentrified turn around and hold him to the same standards to which he held/holds/will-forever-hold everyone else.

SHOPMER SHABBOS!!!!

# sir talkstomuch is back in the building.... one night only.... got any requests?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am 

I really hope we are not the wack pack of the Score.