It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
http://www.clubchampiongolf.com/about-us/offers

If you have 3 people doing this, the cost is $105, regularly $350. Locations in Northfield, Willowbrook and in the city on W. Ohio St. Each person can go to any location, just need 3 people to sign up and must be used by end of February. They have tons of shafts/heads that you swap out to find the optimum combo. Get fit for driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter and ball. Takes 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I'm signed up and I hear spots are filling fast. Obviously they will try to sell you gear, but it's not required to buy. I've never been fitted, so I'm really looking forward to getting an idea where I'm at and how my current setup compares.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'd be interested to see how this works for you. I haven't been properly fit for clubs in years. Since my
season got cut in half last year I am really looking forward to this year. May join a league for the first
time in many years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
I'd be interested to see how this works for you. I haven't been properly fit for clubs in years. Since my
season got cut in half last year I am really looking forward to this year. May join a league for the first
time in many years.

I'm interested in joining a league, never been in one and really don't even know where to find them. Any recommendations in the Chicago area?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
time in many years.

I'm interested in joining a league, never been in one and really don't even know where to find them. Any recommendations in the Chicago area?

Not really. I have been waiting for Ugie to reappear. I thought he joined some sort of Chicagoland golf tour
or league but he never reported back about how it was organized or whether he enjoyed it. I haven't checked his
website in a long time, maybe he wrote an article about it. I think he big timed us when he got the new golf
writing gig.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
time in many years.

Not really. I have been waiting for Ugie to reappear. I thought he joined some sort of Chicagoland golf tour
or league but he never reported back about how it was organized or whether he enjoyed it. I haven't checked his
website in a long time, maybe he wrote an article about it. I think he big timed us when he got the new golf
writing gig.

Most of the ones by me are either run by a local tavern or the courses themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
time in many years.

writing gig.

Ugie is very active on twitter. You can find him there.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 pm 

Still don't understand the whole Twitter universe thing. Maybe I will e-mail him. I just got my first home
laptop a few weeks ago.. :oops: My phone kinda stinks anyway.