It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 pm 

I don't listen to this awful show. But because I do like Mac and Spiegs, I often wind up hearing the wrap-up.

What exactly is the logic behind "That bitch better bounce out asap" being their signature line? I'm not one to have a problem with foul language, but context is everything, and maybe this isn't the best choice for a tag line to sign-off with every single morning. I would guess that their female listenership is about 0, and apparently they want to keep it that way. I guess it's rip-roaring funny to them, but, surely there was a less... crude option for a signature line? I doubt they indulge in much toilet humor during their show... or do they?

Bizarre.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
"In a new piece for Men’s Journal, our old friend Paul Solotaroff traveled to Scottsdale, Arizona to talk to Steelers linebacker and intimidating man James Harrison. Just by looking at the piece’s accompanying photo, which shows Harrison posing with his two gigantic guns, you kind of get the idea that this won’t be your typical, puff-piecey player profile.

In addition to learning that Harrison grabbed a rattlesnake barehanded and threw him over a fence whilst in the Arizona desert (“Had to,” he says. “My son was here visiting, so that bitch had to bounce out. ASAP.)”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm 

A Google search of the phrase seems to only find a story about James Harrison and a snake. The voice in the sound drop does not sound like James Harrison. Perhaps it's a reporter reading the story about James Harrison. I have no idea. It's a dumb signature line.

** there you go Matt. But we still don't know whose voice it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
24_Guy wrote:
A Google search of the phrase seems to only find a story about James Harrison and a snake. The voice in the sound drop does not sound like James Harrison. Perhaps it's a reporter reading the story about James Harrison. I have no idea. It's a dumb signature line.

** there you go Matt. But we still don't know whose voice it is.

It's the writer's. Mully and Hanley had him on not this summer but last summer. He stirred some shit by saying he thought Harrison was more of warrior than some Army/Marine people he had profiled.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:16 pm 

Mystery solved. I suppose they made a big deal about it when it happened, and their main listening audience gets it and enjoys the line. Meanwhile I'll just try to avoid the show altogether. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I always thought it was Norman Chad. Whoops

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:53 pm 

and after interviewing Dan Pompei this morning about Trestman, they concluded
they concluded the interview by telling Pompei "congratulations", to which Pompei
replied "thank you".....??? For what??? Reporting on Trestman? Biggs is the one
who broke the story anyway. These Bears "Beat" writers are all pieces of work, they
think they are as big as the Bears themsleves. The best is Moon Mullin who gives you
the same information you get from watching the Broadcast, somebody wake that guy
up for the presser tomorrow. They all act tough away from the Bears and their front
office, but them face to face and they ask the same wimpy questions, when pressed
on not asking the harder questions, they always play it off as they need to build trust
and respect, for future interviews...Bunch of imbeciles!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Maybe his wife is pregnant? Or just delivered...Jimmy Johnson broke the story six days ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am 

How does a desert have a fence?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
You want tough questions, Sarge, don't go to a beat guy. They have to get along with ownership, coaches and teams on a daily basis.