All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Frontman wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Frontman wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Meat is a full time host.

Might hold the job title of full time, but his actual work says otherwise. Full time employees don't celebrate an "iron man" streak for coming to work a full 5 days in one week......

It's in his contract.

You are also making it seem like Meat misses 2-3 days a week for his music, that simply isn't true.

Stop lying.

It might not be 2-3 days a week, but its 3-5 days a month, NO MATTER WHAT.

Speigs showed where his heart lies the day of the Olympic bid announcement. Huge day for Chicago sports talk radio, and where is Speigs?

Doing his tribute gig at the Daley Plaza, instead of being ON THE AIR.

Sorry, Speigs "side job" is his focus, not being a radio commentator.

Again, it's in his contract thus he isn't breaking any rules.

Stop lying.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:43 pm 

Exactly how am I "lying?"

Fact: Spiegs takes time off for his radio gig to do his cover song gig.

Fact: Spiegs took time off for his child to be born.

Fact: Spiegs takes a cheap shot at Matty for taking time off.

So, what exactly is a "lie" about me saying pot meet kettle, and that he seems to focus more on his cover band than he does focusing on being a good radio personality?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 pm 

Frontman wrote:

So, what exactly is a "lie" about me saying pot meet kettle, and that he seems to focus more on his cover band than he does focusing on being a good radio personality?

You are over dramatizing Meats days off.

He has paid his dues, he got what he wanted out of his contract and he is enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Good for him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Frontman wrote:

He has paid his dues, he got what he wanted out of his contract and he is enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Good for him.

Thank you for not answering my question. How exactly is it lying? I said someone who takes as much time off as Meats shouldn't be breaking bad on anyone for their time off (especially for the birth of their kid. Pretty damn rotten to do.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:56 pm 

Frontman wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Good for him.

Thank you for not answering my question. How exactly is it lying? I said someone who takes as much time off as Meats shouldn't be breaking bad on anyone for their time off (especially for the birth of their kid. Pretty damn rotten to do.)

Meat can be a prissy queen.

You weren't lying, just stretching the truth of the matter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The part time vs time off thing is really not a fair comparison. Drinky is a full time producer on his show, update guy at times and occasional on air fill in. Meat is full time on air that takes a lot of days off that are in his contract to be days off. Drinky probably works more hours than meat, just not on the air.

Mac's influence and strong desire to have him as a partner got meat that contract. There is no way in hell meat got all that time off based on his amazing talent level.

Everyone knows why he is the co-host and who got him the gig....and that's fine because people get other people they know jobs...it happens. The problem is that Meat acts like an entitled dickhead because of the job and makes sure every single person that is not full time on air talent knows that they are below him. It is petty and unnecessary to act like that.....especially when everyone knows he had some help landing the gig.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:44 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The part time vs time off thing is really not a fair comparison. Drinky is a full time producer on his show, update guy at times and occasional on air fill in. Meat is full time on air that takes a lot of days off that are in his contract to be days off. Drinky probably works more hours than meat, just not on the air.

Mac's influence and strong desire to have him as a partner got meat that contract. There is no way in hell meat got all that time off based on his amazing talent level.

Everyone knows why he is the co-host and who got him the gig....and that's fine because people get other people they know jobs...it happens. The problem is that Meat acts like an entitled dickhead because of the job and makes sure every single person that is not full time on air talent knows that they are below him. It is petty and unnecessary to act like that.....especially when everyone knows he had some help landing the gig.

Well said, UMN. Spiegs seems to forget where he came from, and how he started. Or, if he does remember, he remembers it "being hard" on him and figures he's entitled to do the same to guys on their way up/not on the same "level" as he is.

To me though, I would put Drinky over Spiegs as far as being a major part of the Score. Yes, Meat is on the air, and like you said, got his gig due to his radio partner. Drinky might not always be on the air; but he's been there longer, he's more identifiable as being a member of the Score staff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ITT: jealous goyim. I eagerly await the day where all of y'all are tapped to get on a 50k watt blowtorch of righteousness and get compensated to spread your unique vision of sports life and other people's music to the masses. Hear that Sporting News radio jingle in the background? Duh.

It ain't the Danny Mac show no more; it's Mac and SPEEGS (you ARE colloquial with Him whether you like it or not. Soon it'll be SPEEGS and Mac and then b4 you know it the rug/tablecloth is pulled and it's the Matt Spiegel show cuz all Danny "I don't roll out of bed for under $300k" Mac really is is a device to install Matt "SportClips" Spiegel into your psyche, cuz unlike the other part-timers, he's full-time full-borw and Man enough to say "hey, it's OK to shill for every commercial/read/etc cuz last I checked Spiegel was quick to parlay his gig into ad $$$ and I'll be damned if even part timers like Batt Amsttacola haven't followed in SPEAGOL'S deep footsteps to remind us that 5hr energy is enough yo get you through those part time shifts

Shomer shabbos!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frontman wrote:

You seem confused. Spiegs wasnt taking a shot at drinky for taking time off. He was taking a shot at his minimal on air time. It's not really a pot/kettle situation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Never understood the vitriol for Spiegs here...he shows up every time he's on to work and does a good job, knows his shit. This board seems to idolize Mac (who I also like lots), but who revels in his own attitude towards working the minimum and none of the fellas here seem to attack him for it. hm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 am 

Frontman wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Frontman wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Meat is a full time host.

Might hold the job title of full time, but his actual work says otherwise. Full time employees don't celebrate an "iron man" streak for coming to work a full 5 days in one week......

It's in his contract.

You are also making it seem like Meat misses 2-3 days a week for his music, that simply isn't true.

Stop lying.

It might not be 2-3 days a week, but its 3-5 days a month, NO MATTER WHAT.

Speigs showed where his heart lies the day of the Olympic bid announcement. Huge day for Chicago sports talk radio, and where is Speigs?

Doing his tribute gig at the Daley Plaza, instead of being ON THE AIR.

Sorry, Speigs "side job" is his focus, not being a radio commentator.

While this thread has been amusing the above quote does cause me to scratch my head. The gig at Daley Plaza was supposed to be for the celebratory announcement for Chicago landing the Olympic bid. The event would have given the band major exposure for what was to be a historic event. Of course, the air was let out of the celebratory balloon hours earlier.

I thought Spiegs comment was directed about the amount of air time Drinky gets, which was unnecessary either way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
How come there hasnt been any rabid speculation on how much coin people think Meat makes? major market co-host, Im going to put it at 100k a year. Beardown what are your thoughts? and FWIW, Bobby Hull and I believe that Meat is a sensitive little insecure bitch about things because of his weight.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:

The gig at Daley Plaza was supposed to be for the celebratory announcement for Chicago landing the Olympic bid. The event would have given the band major exposure for what was to be a historic event. Of course, the air was let out of the celebratory balloon hours earlier.

I thought Spiegs comment was directed about the amount of air time Drinky gets, which was unnecessary either way.

Still, it was a low blow for Spiegs to throw at Drinky. Air time or time off. Considering Spiegs has the "full time" gig doesn't mean he should look down his nose at someone who isn't; especially since Drinky seems to be willing to work just about any shift and in any position; producer, on air host, update person, weekend host, etc.

Your point only strengthens my opinion: Spiegs was focused on his band, instead of the news story. But really, tribute bands are a dime a dozen. Might of gotten a handful more gigs out of it, but they certainly wouldn't be getting a record deal.

Spiegs comes across as a wannabe in my opinion. That, and as someone who is trying to seem more important than he really is. Gets into it with Bernsie, takes shots at Mike Greenberg (which is just plain stupid. Greeny is on a national broadcast; WSCR is 95% about local sports.) This shot at Drinky. He comes across as the kid who, when picked on, will throw insults until he's about to get beat up, then runs and tells the teacher.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
While this thread has been amusing the above quote does cause me to scratch my head. The gig at Daley Plaza was supposed to be for the celebratory announcement for Chicago landing the Olympic bid. The event would have given the band major exposure for what was to be a historic event. Of course, the air was let out of the celebratory balloon hours earlier.
Yeah, because Chicago getting the Olympics wouldn't have been a big day for Chicago sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
El Furpyo wrote:
Never understood the vitriol for Spiegs here...he shows up every time he's on to work and does a good job, knows his shit. This board seems to idolize Mac (who I also like lots), but who revels in his own attitude towards working the minimum and none of the fellas here seem to attack him for it. hm.

Humility can't be faked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 pm 

Welcome back Yourmom!!! It's been too long.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:49 pm 

Don't make the biscuit mad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Yeah, because Chicago getting the Olympics wouldn't have been a big day for Chicago sports talk radio.

It was a big day for Chicago on global scale, but but only 1 of 4 hosts during the daytime was interested in a non-lift-the-hind-leg manner. :clown:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
El Furpyo wrote:

Because Mac talks a good game about not getting out of bed for x amount of money or whatever but still obviously puts work into his craft. Bernstein does the same thing with his whole "teehee, we don't do show prep and just roll in right before it's time to go on the air," and it's like yeah, I can tell you just rolled in with no show prep because you're beating the Brian Urlacher comments to death for a third straight day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Anybody notice how Kerry Sayers was quietly not brought back?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Anybody notice how Kerry Sayers was quietly not brought back?

SHARK did.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am 

Not her, but I think pretty close.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 am 

bigfan wrote:

Mrs.Mac joined the board :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am 

bigfan wrote:

no, but she is a reader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
El Furpyo wrote:

I don't get it either Furpyo...

Mac could have hand-picked anyone to be his partner and he picked Spiegs, I think that says a lot for Spiegs' radio talent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 pm 

bigfan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

no, but she is a reader

Hi, Mrs. Mac!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
crosscheck wrote:
El Furpyo wrote:

I don't get it either Furpyo...

Mac could have hand-picked anyone to be his partner and he picked Spiegs, I think that says a lot for Spiegs' radio talent.

It could also say something about Mac's judgement.

I dunno.

Speegs is fine. Average. Not bad, not great.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:35 pm 

El Furpyo wrote:
Read the posts made in this thread again. You'll start to understand why people don't give Spiegel the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't deserve it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm 

the two of them are better without each other. mainly because their voices and intonations are just too damn similar.