It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Too much Finfer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I think absence is making the heart grow fonder with Jason. He was a good host, but had some embarrassingly inchoate thoughts on a lot of things outside of NBA talk and broad-focus Bears talk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I think absence is making the heart grow fonder with Jason. He was a good host, but had some embarrassingly inchoate thoughts on a lot of things outside of NBA talk and broad-focus Bears talk.

Yeah, he was pretty one dimensional but still miles better than Holmes, who remains uninteresting and extremely grating.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
He was a good host, but had some embarrassingly inchoate thoughts on a lot of things outside of NBA talk and broad-focus Bears talk.
This could describe any host at the Score, though for some you could substitute NBA with another lower tier league.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:

That's fine and I mostly agree with your sentiments, but, as you said, he did do a good job hosting and I really liked him with Meat it was enjoyable when those two were paired up. He is also better than Holmes.

I don't think anyone was misremembering his well documented and posted about foibles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 pm 

The whole "this black guy isn't what I as a black guy can deem to be a legitimate black guy" thing that got Rob Parker fired from ESPN was a near-weekly occurrence with Jason, but Deadspin tends not to report on local radio shows in the flyovers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caught a little of Finfer yesterday. Yeah, he's starting to feel himself a little bit with his new found prestige at the station. At first I found him to not know much of anything, but rather harmless. I thought he was fine for a voice on the weekends when your're driving. You could laugh at his ignorance if nothing else. Like Jesse Rogers. Now, he still doesn't know much, but he likes to "Fuck You" the callers and texters when they tell him he doesn't know anything. He's becoming more aggressive, douchey and arrogant while remaining not very bright. That's not good combination.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
CH, what do you think about Johnny Oduya? I've heard callers on a few different stations being critical of him and earlier today when a caller suggested that he be benched, Finfer said the caller must not watch much hockey. I can't remember how much he praised Oduya but he's one of the first people I've heard bristle when someone was critical of his play.

The caller said he's been watching the Hawks for 30 years and said he didn't think that Finfer knew what he was talking about, which clearly stung him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
CH, what do you think about Johnny Oduya? I've heard callers on a few different stations being critical of him and earlier today when a caller suggested that he be benched, Finfer said the caller must not watch much hockey. I can't remember how much he praised Oduya but he's one of the first people I've heard bristle when someone was critical of his play.

The caller said he's been watching the Hawks for 30 years and said he didn't think that Finfer knew what he was talking about, which clearly stung him.

He's a pretty good defenseman who is made to look better by being in what's been a much improved defensive corps overall. Fine enough second-pairing guy; he'll be a very good third-pairing guy if Leddy keeps getting better and better (or, more likely, he'll then be traded for cap purposes). I don't think I'd bench him--for whom, exactly? He's better than Brookbank and any Rockford Ds--but he's certainly not beyond reproach. He'll make some bad turnovers for sure. Ultimately, I have to side with Finfer on this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I am sure puff daddy,rock Hudson,lance bass,usher had a an impressive list too.

Spiegal was at his best solo on overnights, Mac brought all the bad out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer is less of a douche with Mac than that he is solo on the weekends. When he's with Mac, Finfer spends the show kissing Mac's ring cuz he's so grateful to him for setting him up at the Score. Finfer was going no where at ESPN 1000.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The Goff love has always mystified me. He said more than his share of dumb shit while he was here, particularly toward the end. But the fact that he uttered said dumb shit in a tone of cool detachment and occasionally ragged on Bernstein is apparently enough to make the guy a messianic figure around these parts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dave In Champaign wrote:
The Goff love has always mystified me. He said more than his share of dumb shit while he was here, particularly toward the end. But the fact that he uttered said dumb shit in a tone of cool detachment and occasionally ragged on Bernstein is apparently enough to make the guy a messianic figure around these parts.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dave In Champaign wrote:

I never got it either. All he did was act a fool. But he did it in a Samuel L. Jackson voice so some people on this board loved it I guess. You're right. The end of Goff's Score run was especially weird and bad. He went completely crackers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Dave In Champaign wrote:

The "Goff Love" was a short lived movement on this board. He was the next big thing, supposed to get his break on the Mac show, supposed to rise through the ranks of 670, supposed to save sports radio as we know. It become clear that he didn't have all of the radio chops and would need some practice and such. Repeated listening proved as much, this the Goff Love died down with only a few dead enders left to carry his flag. The decline of the Goff army and the un-deification is well documented.

I will say that him going to Hot-Lanta and getting a chance to get outside the BernSTINE sphere of influence will be looked back on as the best thing to happen to him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ultimately, I have to side with Finfer on this one.

Oh, do ya?

/I'll show myself out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Oh, do ya?

/I'll show myself out

"These are my O.R. scrubs"

"Oh are they?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Dave In Champaign wrote:

I think Goff developed some bad habits from B&B that might be chastised out of him in a different market where he won't be able to hide behind Bernstein's influence. If that happens I think he can be a very good host.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:00 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

I think Goff developed some bad habits from B&B that might be chastised out of him in a different market where he won't be able to hide behind Bernstein's influence. If that happens I think he can be a very good host.

I hope so. I rip him a lot, but I've met him at a few remotes and he seemed like a great guy. I wish him well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Finfer has an opinion, he's funny, and he can talk for more than 3 words without stumbling all over himself.

And I don't know what you idiots who are saying he "can't talk (insert sport here)." I listen to his solo shows on the weekend all the time and I get great baseball, football, basketball, and even hockey talk.

You're all full of shit. Again. Fags.