It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm 

Understand him leaving Hit and Run, but seriously he can't spare 3 hours on a Sunday morning. His kid is only 1, he doesn't even know he's gone, plus should be sleeping. Sounds like a excuse to be lazy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
schmitty1121 wrote:
Understand him leaving Hit and Run, but seriously he can't spare 3 hours on a Sunday morning. His kid is only 1, he doesn't even know he's gone, plus should be sleeping. Sounds like a excuse to be lazy.

Oh,I thought it was on Saturdays. You are right. Saturdays as a dad was usually spent taking my kids to Park District art classes,etc. I don't know what's going on Sunday's.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Just curious if they ever do BTO?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm 

I'm going to miss Meat Bomb on Hit and Run. He and Barry made a good partnership but the Randazzler is going to do a much better job hosting the show. I wonder if they'll still have the fantasy league. I need to get back in that and make up for my teams pitiful performance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keyser Soze wrote:
I'm going to miss Meat Bomb on Hit and Run. He and Barry made a good partnership but the Randazzler is going to do a much better job hosting the show. I wonder if they'll still have the fantasy league. I need to get back in that and make up for my teams pitiful performance.

The Randazzler will, at the very least, show up and do the show.

Hearing Meat talk about his namesake show that he fought for, how much he loves baseball, how much he loves talking baseball.....and then miss half the shows makes it a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
What other cover band guys would ever miss work because of a show?

I've missed work because of a show...most often you get to bed at 3am after hauling gear and driving home.
I would also wager that Spiegs makes as much or more money for a nights worth of singing than he does for a day on the radio. Clearly its been negotiated into his contract...so, good for him.

So, given the ability to..who wouldn't do this?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
schmitty1121 wrote:

Top Cover Band Member Meat Spiegel indicated that it wasn't so much those 3 hours on Sunday morning, but the time on Saturdays and throughout the week watching games/prepping for the show.Tho shouldn't that be an en passant aspect of his duties as a M-F sports talk show host... Image

which fact of life Boers laughingly reminded Spiegs of..to which Spiegs rejoined:

"I'm the luckiest guy alive to be getting to do this job and watch all those games."
\

Terry:

"That you are..."
\

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've missed work because of a show...most often you get to bed at 3am after hauling gear and driving home.
I would also wager that Spiegs makes as much or more money for a nights worth of singing than he does for a day on the radio. Clearly its been negotiated into his contract...so, good for him.

Someone who wants to ascend in the sports talk radio business.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's a pretty big gamble. He's made himself quite expendable.

I think we all understand he's contractually allowed to treat his radio gig as a part time job but it may come back to bite him in the long run. If Mac retired tomorrow I think they'd bring in a new show in that timeslot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I prefer rock and roll. And old people in seats wearing earplugs is about as far from my idea of rock and roll as one can get. You're welcome to like whatever you choose. I'm telling you why I think FitzGerald's sucks.

If you've been around long enough to remember how awesome a 1979 Subverts show at Oz was, you know what that makes you? Pretty fucking old! JORR, you are a self-hating senior citizen. I suggest you head over to the hospital to get checked for early-onset Alzheimer's--because you seem to have forgotten what decade you're living in--and stop being such a crabby old codger. Fitzgerald's is great: interesting music played to audiences who actually know why they're attending a given show. That's not what you'll find at a lot of rock venues around town where the comparatively youthful crowds you seem to fetishize are more likely to be talking over the music than listening to it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I prefer my music at the free neighborhood summerfests. That is where codgers get their ancient rock fix.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Didn't he big league his commitment to hit and run half the time anyways? He was never in when I tuned in to the show. Its the one show I could tolerate him doing because it was strictly baseball talk. I remember him taking the show off during the Cubs Sox series.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Whole lotta hatin goin on...

Hard for me to begrudge somebody who's having fun living out a dream.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

Living the dream of replaying music, that someone with real talent created. Porky, living the American Dream.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 pm 

Yeah I could see it that way, but when he berates interns on air for not appreciating the "oppurtunity" in getting Spiegel's lunch (not to mention the workout) and then misses shows at every chance its difficult to give him the benefit of the point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Spiegs still way cooler than Larry and better to hang with

One of them refused to speak to you. Little bias there.

I think we call that "An example"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
and it's not like Spiegs gets any love here, yet he has no issues with me?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I prefer rock and roll. And old people in seats wearing earplugs is about as far from my idea of rock and roll as one can get. You're welcome to like whatever you choose. I'm telling you why I think FitzGerald's sucks.

If you've been around long enough to remember how awesome a 1979 Subverts show at Oz was, you know what that makes you? Pretty fucking old! JORR, you are a self-hating senior citizen. I suggest you head over to the hospital to get checked for early-onset Alzheimer's--because you seem to have forgotten what decade you're living in--and stop being such a crabby old codger. Fitzgerald's is great: interesting music played to audiences who actually know why they're attending a given show. That's not what you'll find at a lot of rock venues around town where the comparatively youthful crowds you seem to fetishize are more likely to be talking over the music than listening to it.

That's it, i'm definitely lending my vote to JORR VS TALL MIDGET for FEUD OF 2013. My vote can and will be bought, however.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:25 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:

Living the dream of replaying music, that someone with real talent created. Porky, living the American Dream.

You just made my point.

The fact is, he's out there doing something he loves. Not everybody can say that. Good for him.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah I could see it that way, but when he berates interns on air for not appreciating the "oppurtunity" in getting Spiegel's lunch (not to mention the workout) and then misses shows at every chance its difficult to give him the benefit of the point of view.

That's understandable. I just think it's possible to rip him for being a jerk on the radio, while still giving him props for his music endeavors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 pm 

That's understandable. I just think it's possible to rip him for being a jerk on the radio, while still giving him props for his music endeavors.
While I'm sure he's talented, how he describes his musical endeavors is hilariously pompous and not deserving of any credit to me. In reality, how they bill themselves is an insult to virtually all other musicians.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
schmitty1121 wrote:

"Schmitty1121" just destroyed the concept of symphony orchestras.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

"Schmitty1121" just destroyed the concept of symphony orchestras.

:lol: True.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

It's not what he does, its how he does it. The pompous dickhead approach to everything doesn't fly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:38 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's it, i'm definitely lending my vote to JORR VS TALL MIDGET for FEUD OF 2013. My vote can and will be bought, however.

Stop being such a rabble-rouser.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:40 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Stop being such a rabble-rouser.

You're sometimes guilty of that too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 pm 

Hypothetical situation:

You're from out of town and your new co worker Connor McKnight is taking you out with his friends (The Score personalities)

Just guessing what would you come away with after one night out at bars with them?

I think it would be "Most of em were pretty ok guys. This one guy Meatpants is a douche and this Laurence guy is a nerd funny."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hypothetical situation:

You're from out of town and your new co worker Connor McKnight is taking you out with his friends (The Score personalities)

Just guessing what would you come away with after one night out at bars with them?

I think it would be "Most of em were pretty ok guys. This one guy Meatpants is a douche and this Laurence guy is a nerd funny."

Probably more like "this Laurence guy is annoying as fuck, but he's harmless."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hypothetical situation:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm 

I would probably come away from the outing wondering why that one guy was wearing his noise cancelling headphones the entire time he was at the bar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next