It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:58 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Has Mac talked about this, this morning?

He sure has. Texters don't want The SCORE to hire Teinowitz.

I heard Mac saying all kinds of nice things about him around 12:30 or so. Mac even invited Tiny to go to Spring Training with them.

They can smoke the hooch and drink O'douls together. I still hate you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm 

What's going to happen to Harry's hit fantasy football show?!?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Crap...that's right! Longest running FF show is no longer...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Crap...that's right! Longest running FF show is no longer...

Until Football season arrives, that is a hasty conclusion. Might it be possible that Harry joins the Score as a weekend fill in guy, who would also operate a special show on Sat/Sun morning for the Hawks (Crease Monkeys) and Fantasy Football Island during Football season?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Only having listened to Harry Teinowitz maybe 5 times total, I get that everyone thinks he's horrible but I don't have as much perspective as others. Is it possible that there would be interest from the Score? I could see him as a third wheel on the Mully and Hanley show.

Harry was soul-crushingly awful.

Really? Worse than a Laurence Holmes or Mike Mulligan? That's hard to imagine.

Until Laurence's insecurities kick in and he starts with the "look how hetero/look how tough I am" bullshit he can actually sound like a professional broadcaster. Harry is incapable of that on ANY level. He is one of the least funny people on earth, and as a radio host he's an insufferable homer and ass-kisser who will ask players probing questions like "How awesome is it when you hit a home run?" or "What do you think about all those awesome fans who fill the seats to cheer you on?"

I really haven't listened to that show since Mac left but Harry also used to make a lot of comments about how hot waitresses or player's wives were, and while they may very well have been hot, they way he did it made him sound like a leering perv.

Mulligan is a pretty awful radio host, but Harry is still worse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

that would be a new show then...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's far from a sure thing there's even room for Harry Teinowitz at The SCORE, especially when you consider the changing radio landscape and that personality-driven radio is history.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Martin wrote:
Per Robert Feder... show will continue with just Carmen and Jurko.

http://timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/ ... rnoon-show

Just read the Feder article. Harry didn't even know it was his last day. They fired him after yesterday's show ended. I'll bet Carm and Jurko knew. I kind of think Jurko is happy. Carm, like his sports radio commentary, has no opinion one way or the other.

Though Carm and Jurko know the pressure in on them now. They know they could be next.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Only having listened to Harry Teinowitz maybe 5 times total, I get that everyone thinks he's horrible but I don't have as much perspective as others. Is it possible that there would be interest from the Score? I could see him as a third wheel on the Mully and Hanley show.

Harry was soul-crushingly awful.

Really? Worse than a Laurence Holmes or Mike Mulligan? That's hard to imagine.

Absolutely.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:14 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Martin wrote:

Just read the Feder article. Harry didn't even know it was his last day. They fired him after yesterday's show ended. I'll bet Carm and Jurko knew. I kind of think Jurko is happy. Carm, like his sports radio commentary, has no opinion one way or the other.

Though Carm and Jurko know the pressure in on them now. They know they could be next.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm just saddened by the news because I feel bad for Harry. At his age, it's not easy to find work.....well, not for the kind of money he's used to bringing in. Plus, it's got to be tough to be the one left behind, while the other two show members continue on. I wish they had allowed Harry to say goodbye. The show may be better after the restructuring. But I think they should have let Harry go in a bit more dignified manner. It's going to be interesting to see what Carmen and Jurko have to say about it today.

Steve what in Yaweh's name makes you think that Harry needs to find work for any amount of money? He's independently wealthy whether he works another day on the radio or the drive thru window at Starbucks . " Yaaa, Harry here, would you like to try a skinny vanilla latte today".

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
It's going to be interesting to see what Carmen and Jurko have to say about it today.
This is one of the things that pisses me off most about sports journalism, they expect and dig around and want all the answers when a coach gets fired, player gets in trouble, etc. Problem is when something / anything happens thats the least bit controversial to to one of their own, management ( especially ESPN management) will put the muzzle on the hosts thats exactly what I expect to happen today. Addressed a bit at the beginning but nothing in depth and quickly discarded because they arent allowed to talk about it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:19 pm 

I'll be interested to find out if Carmen & Jurko will even be allowed to discuss Harry's dismissal come 2P this afternoon, let alone if the voice of ESPN Radio 1000 AM, Jim Cutler, has brand new bumpers.

Jim Cutler: "Carmen & Jurko on ESPN 1000 & ESPNChicago.com."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 pm 

Since ESPN didnt have the balls to let Harry at least say farewell, I wonder what would happen if he called in to do it. Would they put the call thru? under orders not to? would Jurko and Carmen get in trouble if they did take such a call?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Since ESPN didnt have the balls to let Harry at least say farewell, I wonder what would happen if he called in to do it. Would they put the call thru? under orders not to? would Jurko and Carmen get in trouble if they did take such a call?

I bet they wouldn't. Then again, Glenn Ordway was allowed to say goodbye to his listeners on WEEI-FM in Boston about 10 days ago...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 pm 

Say what you want about Harry's annoying, elitest, nails on chalkboard radio style, but the fact remains, the White Sox
have not won a championship since Mac and Harry have been split apart...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
yikes...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
badrogue17 wrote:

I'm sure they're under orders not to let him through on a call. That said, Harry will surely be on Mac & Spiegs at some point in the next week or so.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Sarge wrote:
Say what you want about Harry's annoying, elitest, nails on chalkboard radio style, but the fact remains, the White Sox
have not won a championship since Mac and Harry have been split apart...

Huh?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It'll be brought up in the first segment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It'll be brought up in the first segment.

Any sponsor for that segment?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

I'm sure they're under orders not to let him through on a call. That said, Harry will surely be on Mac & Spiegs at some point in the next week or so.
I just hate how chickenshit that approach is. They really expect guys to go scorched earth if they let them say goodbye? they know that person would never work again if they went off and said something bad. Just think they should let them go out with a chance to say thanks and goodbye. Goes for B&B, Laurence, anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
badrogue17 wrote:

I agree with Harry being on the best sports talk show in Chicago.

Pretty shitty, classes and cowardly to not let Harry know he was getting the ax until after his final show. It would be equally as crappy if Carmen and Jurko are under orders to pretend he doesn't exist anymore although Jurko was doing that when he was on the show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
badrogue17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I just hate how chickenshit that approach is. They really expect guys to go scorched earth if they let them say goodbye? they know that person would never work again if they went off and said something bad. Just think they should let them go out with a chance to say thanks and goodbye. Goes for B&B, Laurence, anyone.

Contractually, aren't they typically obligated to stay off the air for a period of time? Even for a quick call in to another station "It was a great run, loved my listeners" type thing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
How any of you guys can listen to anything managed by ESPN is beyond me. Everything is controled by the puppet strings. You have no idea what is real.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Unlike most of the rest of the CSFMB, I was never a Harry hater. In fact, after Mac went back to the Score, his repeated Harry bashing really turned me off, and led to the dust-up here that ended when Mac told me to PTFB. I did, and have not listened since. CJH was not as good as MJH, and Jurko proved how he will never be anything but a sidekick on air, a caricature of the Chicago meatball fan, or former jock. He will take a contrarian position simply for the battle then defend it without any real effort to know it- I'm right because you are dumb.

I'm not worried about Harry's future, he can always fall back on those "Up The Academy" royalties. I do wonder where the future radio talent is going to come from. Much like the newspaper industry, radio can't be getting stronger as a medium, and are there really any kids just dying to get on the air to talk sports, like a young Mac producing Chet's shows?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
How any of you guys can listen to anything managed by ESPN is beyond me. Everything is controled by the puppet strings. You have no idea what is real.

The puppet strings you might be referring, Hatchetman, might be from ESPN corporate in Bristol, CT, not necessarily at 190 N. State, the home of everything ABC here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

I love the station
I love the show
I love the sausage patty... Oh wait, maybe I have to rethink this.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Martin wrote:

That is how ESPN operates. Mac didn't know it was his last day either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

notbob wrote:

with mully on there hanley barely gets to talk... besides mully has the job of telling bad jokes.

Can you imagine all the fake, loud laughing that would result from bringing Harry into that show?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 pm 

K Effective wrote:
Unlike most of the rest of the CSFMB, I was never a Harry hater. In fact, after Mac went back to the Score, his repeated Harry bashing really turned me off, and led to the dust-up here that ended when Mac told me to PTFB. I did, and have not listened since. CJH was not as good as MJH, and Jurko proved how he will never be anything but a sidekick on air, a caricature of the Chicago meatball fan, or former jock. He will take a contrarian position simply for the battle then defend it without any real effort to know it- I'm right because you are dumb.

I'm not worried about Harry's future, he can always fall back on those "Up The Academy" royalties. I do wonder where the future radio talent is going to come from. Much like the newspaper industry, radio can't be getting stronger as a medium, and are there really any kids just dying to get on the air to talk sports, like a young Mac producing Chet's shows?

Are there kids dying to get on air?? Haven't you listened to the "be on air" radio ads for classes designed to get students into the radio field? Most of the guys doing production work, would LOVE to get an "on air" gig. They are just very tough to get. As far as the Up The Academy royalties are concerned, I assume you are kidding. Harry probabaly gets less than a hundred dollars a year for that these days. When do you ever see that movie playing on any television station?....never.

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next