It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Mac
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
You realize that by laste summer/early fall, that Jurkos and Speegs should have their contracts up.

Can you imagine a MJH reunion happening on the score?

It would be... epic.

Replace Harry with Finfer & I'm in.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
You realize that by laste summer/early fall, that Jurkos and Speegs should have their contracts up.

Can you imagine a MJH reunion happening on the score?

It would be... epic.

As much as I hate Harry, he worked for that show.

I would completely mark out for MJH on WSCR...

It would easily beat B&B off of drivetime, which is really Dan's goal, isn't it?

I'll put on my beardown hat and go ahead and speculate that Mac is lobbying for this HARDCORE.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
It was a quick conversation and it was over with. Nobody appeared to be under anyones skin. If Mac still had an "issue", why not just bring it up?

Well, as you have noted, the previous time Mac did the conversation was quick and the "issue" went unresolved.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:47 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Goff has an interesting way of showing respect to a role model I guess. Never his fault...

*nods*

Very uppity. :x

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Kirkwood wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
It was a quick conversation and it was over with. Nobody appeared to be under anyones skin. If Mac still had an "issue", why not just bring it up?

Well, as you have noted, the previous time Mac did the conversation was quick and the "issue" went unresolved.

It was quick becasue Mac was, or pretended to be, satisfied with Jason's answer. Instead of letting it fester or "get under your skin", why not just tell someone? especially since it was a big enough deal to bring it up after Goff has left town...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
It was quick becasue Mac was, or pretended to be, satisfied with Jason's answer. Instead of letting it fester or "get under your skin", why not just tell someone? especially since it was a big enough deal to bring it up after Goff has left town...

I understand what you mean, Mac pulled the fake "apology accepted" deal. But Goff's full of just as much shit.

I just don't understand how Goff can he say looks up to McNeil but then spit out a "DaaMaaNeel" when substance abuse or hillbilly behavior is mentioned. Not very respectful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Kirkwood wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
“@bergeravs23:what happened man?” Apparently I got under skin that smiled and chopped it up with me everyday without knowing.
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

11 hrs Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
It's all good. No regrets. Still appreciate him. And in the end... pic.twitter.com/UteoHk3oJo
View photo

Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
“@realKeithK:beef with da ma naaaal” Not at all. Just disappointed when a guy you respect doesn't voice his feelings. We were all family.

And that's why I love Jason Goff. I hear him on that too.

It's like with my girl. I tell her, if you're upset with me just tell me how you feel and we can resolve the problem immediately. Don't brush it aside and pretend like nothing's wrong and then months later you come out of nowhere with it. What is that shit?

I couldn't disagree more. Beardown specifically asked him if he had ill-will toward Goff to which Mac generally replied no except that he got under his skin on "a few things". Not exactly throwing him under the bus. If Goff is truly offended by this then he needs to get a thicker skin.

Besides, Mac did try to talk to Goff about it when he was here and Goff denied that it even happened so, what are you supposed to do about it then if they guy denies it even happened?

Plus, it's not like Mac came here to bitch about Goff. He was asked about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Didn't Goff basically say "Did you hear it?" Was Mac supposed to beg for an apology?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

I understand what you mean, Mac pulled the fake "apology accepted" deal. But Goff's full of just as much shit.

I just don't understand how Goff can he say looks up to McNeil but then spit out a "DaaMaaNeel" when substance abuse or hillbilly behavior is mentioned. Not very respectful.

Come on, now. That's been a thing for years. Everyone at the Score gives eachother shit and has a good time doing it. It used to be only Murphy that was too thin skinned to take it, now you've got Mac, Mulligan (who ironically has an issue with something Mac said to him) and a few others. Mac has dished out plenty over the years and wants to be mister sensitive now? Not cool...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Didn't Goff basically say "Did you hear it?" Was Mac supposed to beg for an apology?

That's valid. Mac was upset by something he didn't hear the context of or that someone else told him they heard?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
That's valid. Mac was upset by something he didn't hear the context of or that someone else told him they heard?
So why didn't Goff explain it? It was obvious to all of us that Mac wasn't exactly happy about being mocked for his substance abuse problem. Mac asked about it and Goff simply said that and nothing more. Mac dropped it just like most of us would have since you aren't going to go begging for an apology for something that got under your skin.

All Mac said was that Goff got under his skin. Wasn't that Goff's point? What is the point of making fun of someone unless you want to get at them a little?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
So why didn't Goff explain it? It was obvious to all of us that Mac wasn't exactly happy about being mocked for his substance abuse problem. Mac asked about it and Goff simply said that and nothing more. Mac dropped it just like most of us would have since you aren't going to go begging for an apology for something that got under your skin.

All Mac said was that Goff got under his skin. Wasn't that Goff's point? What is the point of making fun of someone unless you want to get at them a little?

And after all that didn't Goff keep on with the DaaaaMaaNeeealll stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Come on, now. That's been a thing for years. Everyone at the Score gives eachother shit and has a good time doing it. It used to be only Murphy that was too thin skinned to take it, now you've got Mac, Mulligan (who ironically has an issue with something Mac said to him) and a few others. Mac has dished out plenty over the years and wants to be mister sensitive now? Not cool...

Never thought of a colleague's substance abuse as topic to joke around.

Hey, Smith, how's your alcholism treating ya? Oh, you got your 5th DUI? You crazy sonofabitch!

Last edited by Kirkwood on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
“@bergeravs23:what happened man?” Apparently I got under skin that smiled and chopped it up with me everyday without knowing.
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

11 hrs Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
It's all good. No regrets. Still appreciate him. And in the end... pic.twitter.com/UteoHk3oJo
View photo

Jason Goff ‏@Jason1Goff
“@realKeithK:beef with da ma naaaal” Not at all. Just disappointed when a guy you respect doesn't voice his feelings. We were all family.

And that's why I love Jason Goff. I hear him on that too.

It's like with my girl. I tell her, if you're upset with me just tell me how you feel and we can resolve the problem immediately. Don't brush it aside and pretend like nothing's wrong and then months later you come out of nowhere with it. What is that shit?

I couldn't disagree more. Beardown specifically asked him if he had ill-will toward Goff to which Mac generally replied no except that he got under his skin on "a few things". Not exactly throwing him under the bus. If Goff is truly offended by this then he needs to get a thicker skin.

Besides, Mac did try to talk to Goff about it when he was here and Goff denied that it even happened so, what are you supposed to do about it then if they guy denies it even happened?

Plus, it's not like Mac came here to bitch about Goff. He was asked about it.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What is the point of making fun of someone unless you want to get at them a little?

I honestly don't remember Goff saying it in a mean way. Can't remember what happened only that Jason said it wasn't said in the way Mac was told that it was. But usually men don't get upset by gossip the way Mac did. Either they say "I didn;t hear it, so I don;t care" or "I'll ask him about it, and if it's nothing, no harm done". I have no problem with asking about it, but once you are told the info was false, maybe move on. I think Mac had a problem with everyone doing the DaaaMaaaNeee thing and only felt comfortable going after Goff. Terrywould have laughed in his face and kept saying it anyway.

I just don;t get the "under my skin" comment. I always thought they worked really well together. I think the issues had more to do with changes Mac was going through and less to do with anything Goff said/did...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What is the point of making fun of someone unless you want to get at them a little?

I honestly don't remember Goff saying it in a mean way. Can't remember what happened only that Jason said it wasn't said in the way Mac was told that it was. But usually men don't get upset by gossip the way Mac did. Either they say "I didn;t hear it, so I don;t care" or "I'll ask him about it, and if it's nothing, no harm done". I have no problem with asking about it, but once you are told the info was false, maybe move on. I think Mac had a problem with everyone doing the DaaaMaaaNeee thing and only felt comfortable going after Goff. Terrywould have laughed in his face and kept saying it anyway.

I just don;t get the "under my skin" comment. I always thought they worked really well together. I think the issues had more to do with changes Mac was going through and less to do with anything Goff said/did...

Maybe Mac is speaking something completely different?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

That's got to be it, SomeGuy...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

That's got to be it, SomeGuy...

I dunno, I'm just sayin'.

So you can take your mocking tone and poor attitude to the Waddle and Silvy section.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

So you can take your mocking tone and poor attitude to the Waddle and Silvy section.

Um, wasn't mocking. I was being serious. My argument has been that I can't figure out how that incident could get under his skin. So I agreed with your assesment... :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Um, wasn't mocking. I was being serious. My argument has been that I can't figure out how that incident could get under his skin. So I agreed with your assesment... :?

Sorry. I took the "...." at the end of your post the wrong way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:32 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

I don't think Goff was intentionally being mean. I think the biggest failing by Goff was deflecting the question. He should have explained he was joking and he wasn't trying to mock his substance abuse problem. Instead, he just acted like it was some sort of message board invention. My guess is that Mac's friends who listen to B&B confirmed much of what was posted.

When you keep on hammering on something, as Goff did do a lot, you'll sometimes get questioned by the person.

I wish Goff was regularly hosting on Mac's show too, but I'm also not surprised that Mac found Goff's answers lacking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:35 pm 

Its a bit ironic that Goff is bemoaning someone not speaking to him directly about an issue by posting the issue on Twitter and not contacting Mac

Who cares about all of this though?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:35 pm 

Eh. I guess it's my hope that Mac wouldn't get so blue next time someone takes a jab at him considering all the jabs he's taken over the years......if that is truely the issue he was having.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Some of y'all have selective memories. The "DaMaNaaal" in question had nothing to do with substance abuse. There was a discussion on B&B and Terry said the phrase "Mr. Irrelevant" in response to something. Jason responded with "DaMaNaaal."

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:38 pm 

Some of y'all have selective memories. The "DaMaNaaal" in question had nothing to do with substance abuse. There was a discussion on B&B and Terry said the phrase "Mr. Irrelevant" in response to something. Jason responded with "DaMaNaaal."

You sure about that? During Mac's "Blue Period" Goff used DaMaNaaal in conjunction with a few things relating to Mac's troubled times and whatnot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember....

DaMaNaaal - White Trash

DaMaNaaaal - Alcoholic

DaMaNaaaal - Addicted to gambling

DaMaaaNaaaaaaal - Irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SomeGuy wrote:

You sure about that? During Mac's "Blue Period" Goff used DaMaNaaal in conjunction with a few things relating to Mac's troubled times and whatnot.

DaMaNaaal - White Trash

DaMaNaaaal - Alcoholic

I'd so love to break your wrists right now.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

DaMaNaaal - White Trash

DaMaNaaaal - Alcoholic

I'd so love to break your wrists right now.

Truth is truth!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm 

It happened more than one time. There were threads on here discussing it.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1520122#p1520122

Anyways, as I said before, Goff did a terrible job of explaining himself when questioned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:43 pm 

Just because they work well together doesnt mean they are going to like eachother

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next