It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:33 pm 

One of the only things I can stomach from ESPN is Bill Simmons' online column. I guess he is coming out with a book on the NBA and there was a preview in his latest column. I am definitely going to check out the book, and I hope this preview is like the rest of it. The article in the link is about the time he met Isiah Thomas after ripping him for years in his column. Isiah had also claimed he wanted to kick his ass in previous interviews, so the meeting was more than awkward. Take a look...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/book/091021

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Douchebag wrote:
One of the only things I can stomach from ESPN is Bill Simmons' online column. I guess he is coming out with a book on the NBA and there was a preview in his latest column. I am definitely going to check out the book, and I hope this preview is like the rest of it. The article in the link is about the time he met Isiah Thomas after ripping him for years in his column. Isiah had also claimed he wanted to kick his ass in previous interviews, so the meeting was more than awkward. Take a look...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/book/091021

Image Image

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:37 pm 

Are you an ESPN insider? That would be hilarious given your hatred. But seriously if you are, read ALL his old columns. The older the better. They are hilarious. His book Now I can Die in Peace is 94% those old columns.

W_Z hates him for his Boston Bias. But I think its a case of W_Z thinking/knowing he could do better in the sports/everything role. I find Simmons'sisis Boston bias only slightly troubling. His Karate Kid articles + his Ewing theory are awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Are you an ESPN insider? That would be hilarious given your hatred. But seriously if you are, read ALL his old columns. The older the better. They are hilarious. His book Now I can Die in Peace is 94% those old columns.

W_Z hates him for his Boston Bias. But I think its a case of W_Z thinking/knowing he could do better in the sports/everything role. I find Simmons'sisis Boston bias only slightly troubling. His Karate Kid articles + his Ewing theory are awesome.

No, Im not an ESPN insider, the mouse really doesn't need more money. I have always read his stuff on there though, along with TMQ. My hatred of ESPN has really increased over the years, and ive filtered out everything except for those two guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
wow, deadspin's new tumblriffic layout is utterly shit. i guess if you've got a meager internet connection you're el-fuckedo when you wanna void picture-intensive layouts that shit all over the concept of having a list of stories to run through cuz now, gasp, YOU CAN GET YOUR STUFF ON TEH DEADSPIN IF THE EDITORS LIKE IT!

and the comment system is just.... yeeargh. this is awful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
sinicalypse wrote:
wow, deadspin's new tumblriffic layout is utterly shit. i guess if you've got a meager internet connection you're el-fuckedo when you wanna void picture-intensive layouts that shit all over the concept of having a list of stories to run through cuz now, gasp, YOU CAN GET YOUR STUFF ON TEH DEADSPIN IF THE EDITORS LIKE IT!

Does this mean that everyone will have to use their real birth names at the behest of Nick Denton, or are we going to start seeing thoughtful analysis from "Rick Mahorn of Plenty"?