Post subject: CSFMB Hunting Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
In

FF
IMU
DB
Kirkwood

Going up to Wisconsin to shoot some shit this fall. Anyone who wants to partake in a real sport, you're more than welcome. Let's do this shit.

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: CSFMB Hunting Trip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I'm surprised Darko isn't involved in this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:56 am 

I'm in if Chas and Panther are down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:02 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

This is what I picture when I think of Dbag going hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:11 am 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This is what I picture when I think of Dbag going hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 am 

This hunting trip will be epic.

Im sure Darko will be down, Angus.

Ideally we will get biggie and Frank to go and partner up and a Cheney incident will ensue.

Goodnight y'all.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 am 

Will the animals have guns and/or armor? Otherwise - not a sport.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Did they close the grocery store/butcher by you guys? That really sucks...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hunting with rookies?

:?

My first hunting trip I bagged a 170lb buck on day one, about 930am.
Got him right in the dinner plate, but he still managed to sprint off and got about 100 yards before falling dead into a ravine. When I unzipped him, I found I had heart shot him and got one lung. Amazing he got that far with only half a working heart.

His pelt is on my wall above my front door.

I also shot a nice 25lb Tom Turkey that following spring. It was a 50 yard shot with a 3 1/2 inch #5 magnum 12g round with a full choke (which is a pretty amazing shot actually). Saw the periscope at about 60-70 yards strutting quartering toward me as I lay in a ground blind I built. Fucking thing actually saw me raise my shotgun (they have amazing sight) and stopped at that 50 yard range. Since I saw it start back away I took the shot. Generally, you want to be about 15 yards for a turkey but I took it. It went straight up in the air about 20 yards high, and fell straight back down.

Turkey Dinner.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Hunting with rookies?

I apologize for mentioning you in the same breath as those Elmer Fudd wannabees. I'm sure you & the Nuge have something going on in the Veldt that weekend. #ThoseSilverbacksAren'tGoingToShootThemselves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:01 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Hunting with rookies?

I apologize for mentioning you in the same breath as those Elmer Fudd wannabees. I'm sure you & the Nuge have something going on in the Veldt that weekend. #ThoseSilverbacksAren'tGoingToShootThemselves

Its more about safety. Would you enjoy being around loaded guns and people who don't have experience with guns?

I'd recommend a couple four or five trips to the range and a couple hunter safety courses before starting a trip. Doing things with rookies when a tiny mistake can kill someone is not a great idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 pm 

Darko, just curious how do you know these guys are rookies?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Darko, just curious how do you know these guys are rookies?

Call it intuition.
Plus I tend to remember previous conversations about hunting over the last 6 years or so

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

But most of those names if I'm remembering correctly haven't hunted.

A lot of this depends on what you're hunting. Deer hunting is generally solitary. Sometimes you have two man tree stands. It would be ok to have an experienced hunter with a rookie there. The rookie needs to understand how to shoot, how to field dress his kill. Safety classes are a must.

Pheasant, rabbit hunting with rookies and I'm out. No way. Generally you'd have 4-5-6 guys walking in a line with a dog. And someone tunnelvisions a rabbit and soneone gets shot.

Dove hunts are also dangerous.

I'm old enough to know its best to hunt with people who are very familiar with their firearms, how to handle them from assembly to disassembly to cleaning and how they kick and the ballistics of their particluar choice of ammo

In short it is a blood sport. Blood man. Very serious stuff. People die every year doing this. I just don't think its a good idea to have even a 1-1 rookie ratio.

Let's first plan a day at the range. Let's get familiar with our weapons a couple times. Let's assemble, disassemble, clean and check, and get used to our ballistics and behaviors of our weapons. Once we can put em together blindfolded I'm willing ti do some fieldwork and pass along some of the experience.

That's all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm 

no problem, I completely hear ya. Was just curious if you knew something about the guys mentioned that was not in the thread.

I would guess Farvio might know his way around hunting tho...just a guess

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:28 pm 

RFDC wrote:
no problem, I completely hear ya. Was just curious if you knew something about the guys mentioned that was not in the thread.

I'm sure he knows how to handle a rifle. Probably learned in basic, also most likely handguns too. They must still teach 9mm or 45 colts right?

He might have gone deer hunting last year?

Again, I would love to do a range day first. Actually I'd prefer two or three.

I've got a couple shotguns, my 12g pump for waterfowl and upland and my 20g semiauto with a deer barrell for deer.

The 12 is great for skeet too. Just a lot of fun. I'm done with the 12 for slug hunting deer. Rather go with the 20. Much easier.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Yeah, never actually been hunting. Everytime I was going to in Lousiana something came up and we never ended up going. But we were gonna go bow hunting anyways, thats pretty big down there amongst the guys I hung out with. I think I'd probably prefer that, but yeah I do know my way around a rifle, shotgun, or handgun, and know all the maintenance of them and the importance of muzzle awareness wherever you're at. It's understandable that Darko would want to make sure people not only knew about firearms, but also respected them, before going out with anyone hunting. And going to the range multiple times should be mandatory before you go, like he mentioned. But this thread was made in jest. I highly doubt the four of us are actually going to go hunting this fall. Sorry KS.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:05 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Hunting with rookies?

Got him right in the dinner plate, but he still managed to sprint off and got about 100 yards before falling dead into a ravine. When I unzipped him, I found I had heart shot him and got one lung. Amazing he got that far with only half a working heart.

I also shot a nice 25lb Tom Turkey that following spring. It was a 50 yard shot with a 3 1/2 inch #5 magnum 12g round with a full choke (which is a pretty amazing shot actually). Saw the periscope at about 60-70 yards strutting quartering toward me as I lay in a ground blind I built. Fucking thing actually saw me raise my shotgun (they have amazing sight) and stopped at that 50 yard range. Since I saw it start back away I took the shot. Generally, you want to be about 15 yards for a turkey but I took it. It went straight up in the air about 20 yards high, and fell straight back down.

Turkey Dinner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm 

Didn't get that the thread was a joke. Sorry. Didn't pick up on it.

Anyway. I would love a day trip down to Buffalo Rock for a day of shooting and grilling. And afterwards a little drinky.

I'm pretty busy With work starting in may but there's time up til then.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Hunting with rookies?

Turkey Dinner.

:scratch:

Ok.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
After you round up enough guys for hunting,cast a secret vote and decide which guy has a 30 second lead before the rest of you come after him!

Now that's HUNTING!

Last edited by jimmypasta on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
After you round up enogh guys for hunting,cast a secret vote and decide which guy has a 30 second lead before the rest of you come after him!

Now that's HUNTING!

No. That's murder, Jimmy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
LOL WAT? y'all finna meet up to.... go hunting? isn't that suitably ironic insomuchas when you're out in the field y'all gotta be silent and since people are, you know, shooting at deer?

or are y'all gonna do the clowncaer homo-pack in one of those elevated deer boxes which, btw, is akin to steroids... i eman y'all should brandish machetes and/or swords and take those mothefuckers down in a fit of pure masculkinity.... cuz standing 20 yards away and shooing is like steroids yo.... dont even get me srtarted on those elevated/camo'd deer boxes.

when y'all are ready to be REAL MEN i'll show up with my trusty machete called "RyBack" (cuz it's a bloodthirsty blade... once it gets a few drops or even a little trickle of that sweet sweet sanguine it turns to the crowd and starts gesturing so vince knows it's time to turn on the tape with the simulated/pre-recorded fan noise and the FEED ME MORE chant)

cuz like, idk, i've heard of weird hunting stuff being a bonding ritual between fathers and sons cuz they wake up at 3:30am and get all camoflagued and put on the facepaint and load up the weapons and celebrate life by.... ending it, but hey you know mmmm irony.

plus i'm picturing imu pulling up in his hot hatch, popping out of the whip, grabbing his 22 and shooting it gangsta-sideways at the deer while summoning the ghost of jamie kennedy from malibu's most wanted like HAHHAHA I GOT GATS YO which then prompts the deer to note the missed shots, get on its cellphone and call up its boy imvenison17 who then pulls up in HIS hot hatch, menacing the group with his aggressive innercity "bitches & scrilla" raps and then he pulls out a proper military-grade sniper rifle with laser sighting and e-moo is all faclempt and like OMFG MOTHERFUCKER I THINK YOU JUST TALKED ABOUT MY SISTER, WE'RE GONNA HAVE PROBLEMS HERE and then BLAM BLAM BLAM but surprise, this superdeer who str8up does some matrix shit to dodge the billets and then reveal his old sniper corps patch ("one shot, one kill") and then BLAMMO e-moo is laying there in a puddle of sanguine and the deer walks up and says "for the record, the vikings suck, aesop rock sucks, and hot hatches are for guys who can't get anything hot in their life BITCH" and he pulls out his service pistol while e-moo looks over and realizes that ISN'T hot hatch, that's a fucking hummer and the door has the name "BUSSE WOODS STEVE" on the side and he then sees a gaggle of deer who comprise the FSFMB (forest sports fan message board) and sees one of them laughing as he sends a msg to the board that he's gonna take a picture of this kill and as e-moo's life fades, he wonders "BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF MY HUNTING BUDDIES?!?!?"

well, point in fact, they're standing there in disbelief with their jaws dropped because they'v never seen a gaggle of deer roll up in a hummer representing the FSFMB. FF quickly discards his package of homemade venison and takes a group picture with them and thinks "man, they're gonna make imu jerky strips out of his body!" but again, the eclectic combination of heavily armed / paramilitary-style-deer combined with their uncanny ability to act as veritable deer dopplegangers of their CSFMB counterparts, along with the whole guns to their head thanks to the squirrel mercs they hired, has rendered him useless. the deer go on to offer a piece offering of THE BEST DAMN VENISON THAT YOU'VE EVER HAD and careful not to offend their customs, they try the venison and holy shit, it's the best damn venison they ever had.... it's taken home and shared with people, who turn into zombies within the next ~5-10 days, cursed to walk the earth aimlessly searching for the perfect aftermarket taillights for their new hot hatch.

we could go on about how the zombie epidemic overruns humanity and ultimately enacts the deer's master plan, cuz these were special genetically-modified superdeer bred to fulfill the illuminati's nefarious "great plan", but that's a story for another day. i will say one thing tho.... people in the illuminati rue the day that teh first deer joined the brotherhood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I'm in if Chas and Panther are down.

I don't hunt animals.

HEY YO 'THRO, what seed are you in this year's tourney? do you like your chances, or is this sport as rigged as a kings/lakers WCF?