It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ween - The Friends EP
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Just nabbed Ween's newest. This time they're giving the finger/paying homage to burrito club dance music. Great stuff.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
http://www.mediafire.com/?8hxtjd19ybr

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Gracias!

Maybe we should start a thread for downloads....I have a divshare account (free) where the downloads stay up forever. Although I've heard lately it's been real slow, perhaps due to the influx of new users. But I have some rap stuff up there if anyone's interested- Oh No (Dr. No's Oxperiment), Pete Rock, DJ Jazzy Jeff, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I remembered heating these dudes years ago around the time Quebec came out and they were working with QOTSA and thought they sucked. But the other day I was having a conversation with this guy about the Flaming Lips and Beck. And how Beck used to be great and sucks now and how the Lips are pretty stale. However,one of the best shows I've seen were those two bands a few years back. Anyway he brought up Ween and he was surprised to find out I thought they sucked. So he burned me Chocolate and Cheese. Christ was I wrong, this is really brilliant stuff. Now I'm deciding what to get next, should I get the Pod, Pure Guava, The Mollusk is what I'm leaning for now. "Piss Up a Rope" I just heard so I might grab that Country album. Something tells me I can find a lot of their stuff down the street at some used record shops.

I can certainly see the Beck and Flaming Lips comparisons and you can hear the influence on "Songs for the Death. But are their any other bands comparable to Ween? Critics seem to be fanboys of Animal Collective but their stuff either sounds like Pet Sounds outakes or noise without the hooks. Blitzen Trapper is really the only modern day band that I think are similar and I guess to a lesser extent My Morning Jacket.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:14 am 

get "the mollusk". it's probably my favorite album from them. "the pod" is very raw, but has some good tunes. "pure guava" is awesome at times, just plain bizarre at others, but is a great effort.

"white pepper" is a fantastic album; probably the most "polished" ween has ever sounded.

the country album has some really nice tunes.