It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: External HD deal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:15 am 
1000 CLUB

for those of you looking for a little mobile storage CompUSA has a pretty fair deal on a 250GB USB external hard drive... $59.95 in the store, about $68 if you have it shipped.

I ordered one on Monday, got it Wednesday, & had it working on my desktop (Win 98) & new laptop (Vista) in about 5 minutes.

you can see it HERE

Post subject: Re: External HD deal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm 

Quote:
for those of you looking for a little mobile storage CompUSA has a pretty fair deal on a 250GB USB external hard drive... $59.95 in the store, about $68 if you have it shipped.

I ordered one on Monday, got it Wednesday, & had it working on my desktop (Win 98) & new laptop (Vista) in about 5 minutes.

you can see it HERE

Just for your information but CompUSSR closed all of the stores in IL and many other states a couple months ago. I hated that store with all there rebates and hoops you have to jump through to save a couple cents. Also they had the worst return policy out any b/m store ever. If you want a good store for PC stuff.. shop online at newegg.com

Post subject: Re: External HD deal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

polster wrote:
Quote:

you can see it HERE

Just for your information but CompUSSR closed all of the stores in IL and many other states a couple months ago. I hated that store with all there rebates and hoops you have to jump through to save a couple cents. Also they had the worst return policy out any b/m store ever. If you want a good store for PC stuff.. shop online at newegg.com

I appreciate the info however you are mistaken. CompUSA closed a number of stores but did not close all their stores in Illinois (the Rockford store is still open). They did shut down a little over 1/2 of their least profitable outlets (128 closed 103 remaining open)

As far as newegg goes I do a fair amount of business there as well as tiger direct but in this case the identical hard drive at newegg was $103.42 w/shipping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:14 pm 

Not sure where u got the $59.95 price point.. that may have been the price a week or so ago. As of yesterday it showed the prices from the compusa site as follows ($109.99):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

yup the sale ended Saturday night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
This is where I find my bargains:

http://www.techbargains.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:59 am 

other good websites for Tech deals are:

http://www.resellerratings.com/deals.pl

And

http://www.dealigg.com/shakeit.php

Also, anyone ever hear of a tech store in Vancouver called NCIX? They have a great selection and terrific prices.