It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
sinicalypse wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
If you can also get around to my personal hip hop icon, Royce Da 5'9", that would be great.

i don't know shit about royce, honestly.... i know he can rap. that's about it. i'm doing a youtube safari thing now

I can upload some mp3s for you. I have like his whole damn catalog pretty much.

yeah if you wanna... should i give you the pw for my filehost or do you got a spot?

I had the pw, but I don't know how to files to there. Wanted to send you some of my stuff back in December 2011 but I didn't want to sound computer-illiterate.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
sorry for the typos and shit but i'm having a lazy day and i'm in the last tallboy becks out of the 4-pack and yeah..... if you got any other rap people you want the "unadulterated, the raw uncut" - blackalicious ---- on lemme knwo,

hey OKC, real talk, what you know about old latyrx/blackalicious? i'll load up my phone/mp3playa with royce and go through it cuz lord knows i need new music, but like, ever fucked with this shit? there's a reason i was kind of giggling when myka 9 called me up and said he's down to do a cut sometime or that gift of gab would only charge me $500 or under for a verse.... i mean, holy shit, these dudes are the top of the rapping game which means if you can make ~45-90k/year from it doing "the realness" you count your lucky stars and roll with it..... cuz man, ever read eminem's book "angry blonde" ??? it's a damn-near-required read for anyone who raps cuz he goes through his early/first-LP shit and goes "so me and dre were in the studio and he gave me 3 notes of the beat and i had this hook stuck in my head and it was like HEY YEAH I CAN DO THAT and...." ---- fascinating read for anyone into alchemy, you know, turning words into gold.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

i don't know shit about royce, honestly.... i know he can rap. that's about it. i'm doing a youtube safari thing now

I can upload some mp3s for you. I have like his whole damn catalog pretty much.

yeah if you wanna... should i give you the pw for my filehost or do you got a spot?

I had the pw, but I don't know how to files to there. Wanted to send you some of my stuff back in December 2011 but I didn't want to sound computer-illiterate.

ok i dont think i quite know the password off the top of my head but i'll get it and pm you.... it's rahter easy once you get it into windows folder mode. again, if you dont mind the sinicalypse.kaen.org prefix you got unlimited space/bandwith to get your shit out there if you want it. i trust you on that part, you know, not learning unix and locking me out of my whole file host..... cuz sending PMs via facebook to get that fixed is hard =D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm 

This thread is exactly what I hoped. Well done

I'd say continue on Eminem if you have more (we both know you do)

And then Kanye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
sorry for the typos and shit but i'm having a lazy day and i'm in the last tallboy becks out of the 4-pack and yeah..... if you got any other rap people you want the "unadulterated, the raw uncut" - blackalicious ---- on lemme knwo,

hey OKC, real talk, what you know about old latyrx/blackalicious? i'll load up my phone/mp3playa with royce and go through it cuz lord knows i need new music, but like, ever fucked with this shit? there's a reason i was kind of giggling when myka 9 called me up and said he's down to do a cut sometime or that gift of gab would only charge me $500 or under for a verse.... i mean, holy shit, these dudes are the top of the rapping game which means if you can make ~45-90k/year from it doing "the realness" you count your lucky stars and roll with it..... cuz man, ever read eminem's book "angry blonde" ??? it's a damn-near-required read for anyone who raps cuz he goes through his early/first-LP shit and goes "so me and dre were in the studio and he gave me 3 notes of the beat and i had this hook stuck in my head and it was like HEY YEAH I CAN DO THAT and...." ---- fascinating read for anyone into alchemy, you know, turning words into gold.

All I know about latryx and black is the stuff you've linked in the HHSOTD thread. I dig em.

That $500 for a verse is steep, but Sini real talk dude...I need some fucking motivation. I need a reason to keep going.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 am 

sinicalypse wrote:

All I know about latryx and black is the stuff you've linked in the HHSOTD thread. I dig em.

That $500 for a verse is steep, but Sini real talk dude...I need some fucking motivation. I need a reason to keep going.

Keep going.

You're welcome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Tonight I'm gonna get screwed
Gonna drink this sh!t that's locally brewed
Listen bitch to what I gotta say
This sh!t is one hoppy ass muthafuckin' IPA

Got sum smokes and sum papers
Got a 6 pack of Half Acres
No matter the music's pumpin
got a stash of Laguntas Sumphin Sumphin

Shot a bitch and now he's dead
Time to get some Gumballhead

more rappers should rhyme about craft beers and shit.. j/s

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm 

OK so eminem..... welp, as a white wannabe-rapper obviously i have to have a referendum on the guy. now i'm not gotta go like asher roth and write a faggy song to him about what he means to me as a white rapper, but like, here for the formal history of it, circa 99-00 a friend of mine (the quintessential friend.... someone who always had a quarter of weed and lived a half block from my bullshit library computer guy job so i could hang out til the last commercial on the simpsons at 5:56 and make it to work @6 no problems) was into eminem. so i was thoroughly exposed to the slim shady LP and the marshall mathers LP at the time they came out. no biggie, tupac.... the dude can rap. no, take that back he can fucking rap. so as time went on i got to learn more about eminem and figured out his story.... this led to me having a "white hop" moment driving both local chi underground rapper robust and producer/DJ meaty ogre (both from the www.galapagos4.com stable) and when eminem's "infinite" came on they both zoned out and were reciting his stuff word for word and i was just thinking "holy shit, my backpack's about to ejaculate"

that's because eminem figured it out. he knew he could rap better than 99% of the planet and since he knocked up kim and had the daughter his stated goal was to get rich. check out never 2 far off of infinite.... he calls it. so once he entered in iddqd and turned on god mode he did a nationwide tour nearly/winning rap battles (he was in the finals of 97 scribble jam with dose one and juice (from chicago!) and then, of course, he won the rap olympics and dre was there and as i've said previously, white rappers can blow up bigger than black rappers cuz like, we live in a land of white people and that's just the way it is.

so like, yeah, at first it was like "ok whatever" and then when i heard the shit he did b4 the slim shady LP, you know, infinite/"frees"/slim-shady-EP it all made sense... this guy wanted to get paid and he did that. by the time the third LP came out you had a couple'a "real" tracks on there and he'll still drop the occasional verse now that he's worth ~200mil/+ and it really doesnt matter anymore. the branding worked brilliantly, and like, seriously.... go find middleaged black women and ask them about eminem. he's got a pass from the black community cuz the dude knows his shit and can rap and thus he's fine..... and white people, especially rapper/types, love to hate on the guy cuz like, holy shit he left them ALL in the dust. you think slug from atmosphere doesnt want a piece of what eminem has got going on? HA. but he's too big to say anything.... so the pushback at eminem is from jealous white people who didn't do what he did cuz quote the guy who figured out the patterns on press your luck.... "and if i passed my spins..... well someone could have done what i did [heh]"

he's got a book called "angry blonde" which is a great read for anyone into writing song lyrics for a whole bunch of cash.

but yeah, when he's all like ATTENTION WHITE AMERICA and trying real hard with that I'M A SOULJA crap i laugh... .but whatever, he knows that he can drop a "real" verse where he "tries" once in awhile and people like me will still respect him so in the immortal song titles of redman slide and rock on.

next?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:44 pm 

LOVE the Press your luck analogy

Kanye and Common

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Apparently to get noticed in Chicago rap you have to get in with Andrew Barber in Pilsen.

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/

Post your stuff...

thank me later.

8)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Keep going.

You're welcome

Wrote a song yesterday. First one in over a year.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Keep going.

You're welcome

Wrote a song yesterday. First one in over a year.

BOOM

Im a Muse

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 am 

kanye: don't have much to say.... he's fine at producing. i like the through the wire beat.... the corner has a solid beat, he can do that.... his whole rapping thing is basically a more poppy str8forward/ludacris style, insomuchas when i first heard luda i noticed that a clever person can guess his next end-rhyme-word cuz he makes his rhymes so flagrant that he doesn't wanna lose even the most special helmeted guy in the back of the short bus with his flow. he's inclusive like that.

with kanye i just kind of mock his voice and go "I DARE Y'ALL RAPPERS TO COME GET ME / Y'ALL ON CRACK LIKE BOBBY AND WHITNEY" or something equally painful. he isn't much of a rapper... he just figured "why should i let some other rapper shine on my beats when i can put on some stupid sunglasses and $2000 worth of clothes and do what luda did? then i'll call myself the voice of a generation" and if the media is behind you, the message gets repeated ad nauesum and it becomes a fait accompli. makes you wonder what happened to the actual message from the early 80s....

comsense? can't fault him.... yeah i go back enough that he's still comsense to me, and obviously resurrection was a PIVOTAL MOMENT IN CHICAGO RAP HISTORY (makes wank-off motion) and yeah you know i mean i used to love h.e.r. and all that, i personally liked his squeaky voice in can i borrow a dollar better..... "I'M FAT SORTA LIKE OPRAH BEFORE SHE LOOOOOOOSSSSTTTT WEIGHT / I PUT MY RHYMES IN GOOD HANDS LIKE ALLLLLLLLLSTATE" damn straight... btw that (take it ez) is his best song, arguably one of the most important chicago rap songs ever rah rah rah i'd take it over anything resurrection cuz man, no pretense no bullshti he just snaps.... and in the video the UAC crew looks like it'd be on a fun positive vibe to hang out with in 92-93 but yeah, i digress.

comsense figured it out.... he turned the rapping trick/hustle into a foot in the door of the industry... so like, on one hand he can hang out in the studio for the freestyle fellowship vs the wu-tang clan episode of the wake up show and his frees are on point on par with the fellowship, and hey he can also star in prometheus.... not a bad gig. so he's definitely an inspiration in that regard cuz i like to hope if i ever drop the requisite ~75lbs and just snap so hard people are like "damn" that, you know, go the route of common or cube or something.... use complete and utter bullshit hustling aka alchemy (rap) to let the world know that you've got ideas worth being heard.

so yeah pretty much i mean from one day it'll all make sense on, like water for chocolate (hurr durr) i mean god bless ya do your thing but he wasn't doing the kind of rap i like (desperate early stuff where motherfuckers come out snapping as hard as they can as if they life depended on it) as opposed to making a product for cash, but then again, that's why at this juncture i can have my moments where i freestyle my ass off but couldn't make a written to save my life. aceyalone mocked me that it was the freestyler's curse..... but you have the freestylers curse cuz at your core you just wanna take it ez and flex some skill and show the world that you got the talent and then, welp, so cometh the product..... that's what i learned from common sense, the man whose resurrection was an introduction to the world en masse..... did he die for our sins after can i borrow a dollar? ha

what's next on the agenda? (political pack a punch like de la hoya!!!!) --- name that song without googling... dare ya.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 am 

idk what happened to part2, but here's part 1 of the freestyle fellowship vs the wu-tang clan from the wakeup show.... i used to have the .ra file of all of this back in the day, still do if i dig up the hip hop mp3 cd vol 1 from ~98 or thereabouts.

common has a freestyle in the middle of the "battle" (it aint a battle.... i mean i think it's killah priest, he chokes on a written and re-starts.... i mean it aint the actual wu it's just killah priest cappadonna and fuckall if i know who else.... but yeah by the end the fellowship rightfully keeps the mic. shrug. i loved that la weekly article about how david faustino's balistyx club wasn't just a rich kid's party, IT WAS THE APEX OF THE RAP CULTURE IN THE EARLY 90S BEFORE NWA AND GANGSTA RAP BROGUHT THE WEST COAST FLAVA TO THE MASSES.... never mind good life thursdays and all that. ha

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 am 

here's part 2 with common... you've prolly heard this free b4