It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
America first got to know Charissa Thompson as as a sideline reporter on FOX Sports' coverage of College Basketball & Football under the FOX Sports Net (FSN) & Big Ten Network (BTN) umbrellas, as well as with the "NFL on FOX" on a regional level. She was also a rotating co-host on the defunct "Best Damn Sports Show Period" based in Los Angeles before FS pulled the plug in 2010.

Thompson left for ESPN in 2011, originally to host the ESPN2 daily original series "Numbers Never Lie", now hosted by Michael Smith. She most recently replaced Michelle Beadle as host of "SportsNation" once Beadle left for NBC Sports Network to become host of the daily sports talk/pop culture series "The Crossover" and to become a regular correspondent on NBC's "Access Hollywood". Now, Charissa is trotting back to FOX Sports for a second tour of duty.

Charissa will serve as one of the hosts of the upcoming "FOX Sports Live", the nightly sports news & highlights show that'll premiere in August, coinciding with the launch of the new FOX Sports One, the 24/7 new sports network that'll soon replace the motorsports outlet known as SPEED. As SI's Richard Deitsch explains in the following link, Thompson won't be the only new face on the new show, considered to be FS One's answer to ESPN's signature sports news show "SportsCenter". Deitsch's link can be found here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/n ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
SHARK, pics or GTFO.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
SHARK, pics or GTFO.

Hopefully, this will suffice...
http://www.google.com/search?q=Charissa ... 80&bih=827

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I like Charissa, but I'm pissed that The Speed Channel is going away. For Christ sake, there are a dozen sports channels & they cant leave just one of them devoted to Motor Sports? This sucks.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I liked her better when she was explaining it all.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I like Charissa, but I'm pissed that The Speed Channel is going away. For Christ sake, there are a dozen sports channels & they cant leave just one of them devoted to Motor Sports? This sucks.

It's not just SPEED, although NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing & the Craftsman Truck Series will continue to air on the new FOX Sports One. They're also doing the same rebranding to FOX Sports' extreme sports outlet currently known as Fuel TV, DIRECTV 618. Fuel TV will also be rebranded as FS Two starting in August.

FOX's parent company News Corporation is also turning what's called FOX Soccer into a general entertainment channel, believed to be a expansion of FX. FOX Soccer will soon be no more.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is Jay Williams going along with her?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:08 pm 

Conundrum wrote:
Is Jay Williams going along with her?

I've heard Jason Williams is an item, but I don't think he's going with Charissa to FOX...As far as I know anyway.