Post subject: Re: Inheritance Lawyer
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
1. metra rooftop blowjob.
2. throw off roof.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm 

Why do good things happen to bad people?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why do good things happen to bad people?

You have never met my wife.

"When Bad things Happen to Good People?" By Harold Kushner is a great read.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm 

She must be the most good person in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
goodest...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
She must be the most good person in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Seacrest wrote:
How much is the tax on $50K?

$0.00

After the estate tax was repealed for a year in 2010 (the final phase of the Bush tax cuts), the estate tax came back in 2011 with a floor of about $5 mil per individual, $10 mil per couple. This was renewed for 2012 at a slightly higher exemption level and was due to expire and drop back down to $1 mil per individual, $2 mil per couple this year, i.e., 2013. With anything above the exemption amount taxed at approx a confiscatory 40% level.

However, before that happened, Congress codified the $5 mil+ exemption into law somewhat permanently (this was part of the fiscal cliff deal, maybe back in December or February?)

I think it's up to $5.25 mil per individual, $10.5 mil per couple The couple thing is important in trust law. Not that they are expecting couples to drop dead simultaneously or even in the same tax year but a couple's heirs can take advantage of the higher exemption level by not transferring the estate to the ultimate heirs until the 2nd spouse drops, it is held in trust in the interim.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sorry for her loss

That was just a google search. Im not sure if that's accurate.

It's not.

Short story.

We were driving home 5 years ago and happened upon an elderly gentleman in the rain who was lost. She had me stop, and we brought him home. He had been visiting his wife who died two weeks later.

We helped him out until my folks and her mother ended up in the hospital a couple of years ago. We got some neighbors involved and they took over from there. We would visit him when he ended up in a nursing home. He passed away in April. At that time we found out that he chanegd his name, and that has parents were imprisond by the Nazi's in 1935.

He was smuggled out of the country and was adopted by a British man, and a German woman from Liverpool. He served with distinction for the British Army in WWII. And changed his name when he came here in 1949.

This Saturday a big envelope comes from a lawyer with some paperwork to sign off on. We were both stunned.

You're a smart guy... you didn't have to ask that question here... Good for your wife, though..

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sorry for her loss

That was just a google search. Im not sure if that's accurate.

It's not.

Short story.

We were driving home 5 years ago and happened upon an elderly gentleman in the rain who was lost. She had me stop, and we brought him home. He had been visiting his wife who died two weeks later.

We helped him out until my folks and her mother ended up in the hospital a couple of years ago. We got some neighbors involved and they took over from there. We would visit him when he ended up in a nursing home. He passed away in April. At that time we found out that he chanegd his name, and that has parents were imprisond by the Nazi's in 1935.

He was smuggled out of the country and was adopted by a British man, and a German woman from Liverpool. He served with distinction for the British Army in WWII. And changed his name when he came here in 1949.

This Saturday a big envelope comes from a lawyer with some paperwork to sign off on. We were both stunned.

It's always good to be nice to old people. I know a guy who grew up next to an old lady with no family. As a kid, he helped her out all the time, shoveling snow, fetching her groceries. As an adult he bought the house he grew up in from his parents and he and his wife continued helping her. When she died, the old woman left him about 600 grand.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I helped the old couple next door to us for about 10 years. Lawn, snow, etc. When they died I got nothin. Just an offer from their daughter to buy their house (it was bigger than ours) -- but no discount or anything (but it would have saved them real estate agent fees).

Still, I was glad to have helped them. They were a funny eye-talian couple, I enjoyed it and it was a good example for my kids.