It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:58 am 

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry. However, it also results in everything in his life being a drama. He didn't get criticism...IT WAS OMNIPRESENT CRITICISM. He doesn't cover other people's music for fun...HE CREATES ELEGANT TRIBUTES. The tennis club kid comes through on some of the things he takes for granted in his life.

I cannot believe this is the guy you stick up for. Check this video out at the 4:00 minute mark and on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJ0dKdJ5LQ

There is nothing genuine about him. He is in no way a guy's guy. He's so deep, and he grandstands with it. He is touchy, sensitive, sacchrine, and smarmy. He seems to have the impression that everything he does is special and ground breaking. He's like a one year old that claps for himself when they put a ball in the shape sorter for the 80th time that day and I'm suppose to have the same enthusiam he does.

He is a constant show of fluff while trying to come off as witty and intelligent. As if he has it all figured out and we are meandering idiots way beneath him. He's the guy that comes in first in the pine wood derby every year because he spends 6 hrs a day for a week putting graphite on the wheels and then won't tell you the secret.

Worst part is that he seems to have rubbed off on mcneil. If he didn't say he had a dog I'd have bet dollars to paczkis that he had at least 10 cats, and a threesome with 2 guys.

He really is a less likeable version of Harry. I don't give a shit what you say, they have the same amount of talent. You like those early score days and I don't know if you look at him fondly because of that or what?

Oh don't shit on his joy! There is no joy to be had with this guy, he's serious and deep!

Maybe bigfan can chime in and then again maybe not but you got to be kidding me! He's tiring to listen to.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
I cannot believe this is the guy you stick up for. Check this video out at the 4:00 minute mark and on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJ0dKdJ5LQ

There is nothing genuine about him. He is in no way a guy's guy. He's so deep, and he grandstands with it. He is touchy, sensitive, sacchrine, and smarmy. He seems to have the impression that everything he does is special and ground breaking. He's like a one year old that claps for himself when they put a ball in the shape sorter for the 80th time that day and I'm suppose to have the same enthusiam he does.

He is a constant show of fluff while trying to come off as witty and intelligent. As if he has it all figured out and we are meandering idiots way beneath him. He's the guy that comes in first in the pine wood derby every year because he spends 6 hrs a day for a week putting graphite on the wheels and then won't tell you the secret.

Worst part is that he seems to have rubbed off on mcneil. If he didn't say he had a dog I'd have bet dollars to paczkis that he had at least 10 cats, and a threesome with 2 guys.

He really is a less likeable version of Harry. I don't give a shit what you say, they have the same amount of talent. You like those early score days and I don't know if you look at him fondly because of that or what?

Oh don't shit on his joy! There is no joy to be had with this guy, he's serious and deep!

Maybe bigfan can chime in and then again maybe not but you got to be kidding me! He's tiring to listen to.

Wow. Just wow. Welcome the fuck back Spaulding!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry.
...says the guy who admittedly almost never actually hears his show, and makes no real attempt to listen to it.

I listen to the show pretty much daily, and I would agree with that assessment. .

Ha, Ha...Rick sucks!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Most people are going to come off as nice in a meet and greet social setting. I don't think his on air persona is any kind of act. He seems weird, socially awkward, arrogant, elitist, defensive, paranoid, bitchy, stubborn, smarmy and strange all at the same time. .

in other words, he is a Bostonian

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm 

All of you think Spaulding was attacking Spiegal. What she was really doing was defending Harry. Remember that when considering her for praise.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I believe he's from around Princeton/Trenton, actually, and just went to school at Emerson.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
All of you think Spaulding was attacking Spiegal. What she was really doing was defending Harry. Remember that when considering her for praise.

I don't give a shit about Harry. You are sticking up for your guy,but I can't figure out why he is you guy. You of all people should be ripping him apart. He sing to you one night or something?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 pm 

You said Spiegel isn't a "guy's guy." I was kind of half-joking when I said I was also paranoid and smug and pretentious and weird or whatever that daisy chain of adjectives was, but I guess I relate to that sort of person more than a Mac or a Jurko. I mean, a lot of that describes Bernstein, and I was a huge fan of his before he set sail for Pappy Island.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:

Is this the same Spaulding that picked his nose in a movie?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac and Jurko aren't dumb guys. They just don't feel the need to jam their intellectual prowess in anyone's face. bernstein is a guy who seems like he's trying too hard to show how smart he is. Jurko's cleverness comes out naturally.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mac and Jurko aren't dumb guys. They just don't feel the need to jam their intellectual prowess in anyone's face. bernstein is a guy who seems like he's trying too hard to show how smart he is. Jurko's cleverness comes out naturally.

When Dan first started at WSCR he would never say "When I was in college..." or "In college..." like most people do when referring to their college days, he would always say "When I was at Duke..." or "At Duke..." He wasn't NEARLY as much of a jag then as he is now but that always struck me as a little obnoxious and insecure on his part.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am 

He still does that.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
So cover bands are incapable of performing at high levels?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:15 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
So cover bands are incapable of performing at high levels?!?

Did anyone say that or anything close to that?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:55 pm 

uofiguy wrote:
I’m such a lucky man, to get to sing and make music at such a high level

Dude, you're in a goddamn cover band.

Remotely...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Remotely...

He's saying "Make" music. He's not making music. Someone else his, and he's just copying it. That is insulting to whoever wrote the material they are covering.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Remotely...

He's saying "Make" music. He's not making music. Someone else his, and he's just copying it. That is insulting to whoever wrote the material they are covering.

Bologna. All bands "make" music. Writing is a separate skill to playing proficiently. I suppose the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is a bunch of hacks because they play "cover" songs?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
TRIBUTE BAND, you guys, TRIBUTE. Don't soil the hard work of a one Matthew Spiegel by using the C word.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
redskingreg wrote:
TRIBUTE BAND, you guys, TRIBUTE. Don't soil the hard work of a one Matthew Spiegel by using the C word.

cuntswab?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

Remotely...

Bologna. All bands "make" music. Writing is a separate skill to playing proficiently. I suppose the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is a bunch of hacks because they play "cover" songs?!?

I made music last night when I copied an old album I had on vinyl to MP3.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Nah. You just uploaded...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not really in a position to defend Meat and Tributo but that is a good point about the symphonies are covering music done 100 years ago or more.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not really in a position to defend Meat and Tributo but that is a good point about the symphonies are covering music done 100 years ago or more.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:12 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I had to play the record in full to record it. I made music. Don't disparage my talents.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Douchebag wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I had to play the record in full to record it. I made music. Don't disparage my talents.

Did you wear a trash bag and have small planets orbiting around you as you "made" music?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm 

I want to create a band that covers Tributosaurus' tributes.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
They are copying the original artist and doing impressions. It's not the same as orchestra music which is specifically designed to be played by many different bands.

What do you think the Beatles would say if there was someone out there claiming they are so good that they actually "become" them after practicing for a few weeks? You don't think they'd be offended?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I want to create a band that covers Tributosaurus' tributes.

Might be harder than you think...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
They are copying the original artist and doing impressions. It's not the same as orchestra music which is specifically designed to be played by many different bands.

What do you think the Beatles would say if there was someone out there claiming they are so good that they actually "become" them after practicing for a few weeks? You don't think they'd be offended?

I think that's what the Tributo guys see as the entire point of the band though. They are giving rock composers the same kind of respect as symphonies give classical composers. I don't really see any reason to be offended by it.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think that's what the Tributo guys see as the entire point of the band though. They are giving rock composers the same kind of respect as symphonies give classical composers. I don't really see any reason to be offended by it.
They are saying they are just as good as the originals after about 3 weeks worth of practice. I know if I spent decades perfecting my sound and style and ability I'd be pretty offended if some sports radio host claimed he could work a normal job, have a kid at home and still "become" as good as my lifes work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next