June 14, 2013 at Northwestern's Block Cinema:

http://www.blockmuseum.northwestern.edu ... ams.html#7

Post subject: Re: Rare Baseball Films
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
"Cubs World Series Highlights"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm 

Tried to go last year but went on the wrong day and was on vacation when it happened. I'm going to try again, even though it is a Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Gary from Evanston and I will see you there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

I would love to see those.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I know I asked before but forgot the answer: is this OK for kids. I probably would bring them even if you said no but I need to prepare myself to throw hammers with baseball nerds who might disrespect the fruit of my loins.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:48 am 

I wish this was at a different time. Weekends during the summer are tough. But if nothing is going on with the fam, Ill be there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I wish this was at a different time. Weekends during the summer are tough. But if nothing is going on with the fam, Ill be there.

If I'm going with the family, you can as well. We could even do a picnic on the island before

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I know I asked before but forgot the answer: is this OK for kids. I probably would bring them even if you said no but I need to prepare myself to throw hammers with baseball nerds who might disrespect the fruit of my loins.

There are always kids there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If I'm going with the family, you can as well. We could even do a picnic on the island before

The fam will probably be away at the campground that weekend.

Im working my annual third shift week too next week, so Ill be getting home at 8am on friday morning.

It might work out. I probably wont go to the campground that weekend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i really regret not making an appearance last year so i reckon i'mma have to do it this year.... especially when it's right down the street and all. you lot linking up for a pre-film beer/burger/etc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
be sure to jeer at their genetic inferiority.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The NU campus is a disaster right now due to major construction projects all over the place. Gaining access to the lakefill from the south campus parking lot will be somewhat difficult if you plan to carry a lot of stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 pm 

Damn, I wanted to see this one. Unfortunately I'll be in the wilds of Bloomington, IN this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

sinicalypse wrote:
i really regret not making an appearance last year so i reckon i'mma have to do it this year.... especially when it's right down the street and all. you lot linking up for a pre-film beer/burger/etc?

I'll meet you somewhere, Sini. Maybe you shouldn't wear an Expos cap though. I don't want to get you confused with Gary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I'll meet you somewhere, Sini. Maybe you shouldn't wear an Expos cap though. I don't want to get you confused with Gary.

Bring some Indian takeout to Cary's Lounge. Boom!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Bring some Indian takeout to Cary's Lounge. Boom!

I was just there the other day. They were tearing up the sidewalk in front. It was almost as hard to get into as the south parking lot at NU. :lol: I had to climb over a front-end loader just to grab an Allagash White.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 am 

Buffalo Joes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Buffalo Joes

That place is really a shadow of its former self.

I had a burger there last week. Pretty good, but it used to be great.

It was empty at lunchtime. There used to be lines out the door (like Edzo's often now has, although that establishment is also on the decline).

Buffalo Joe's may not be with us much longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm 

I'm about 75% yes on this. You'll be able to spot me as the raving lunatic chasing kids.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 pm 

welp, i reckon imma try to meet up with JORR @ the spot he mentioned via PM.... idk if i'm supposed to mention it, but it's presumably right by the place so he's talking circa 6pm for that so i guess if anyone else is around fire off a PM and we'll toast one

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:17 pm 

How do I not warrant a pm from Joe?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 pm 

choices and decisions / politics and religions??

idk.... we'll see how it goes; i should have went last year so i'm making it a point to attend this year. i noticed that this one isn't listed as FREE on the website so i hope it aint a $30 show or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
How do I not warrant a pm from Joe?

Of course you do but I knew you were bringing the kids and I met sini at a bar. We're here so look for us if you make it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 pm 

For all of the cultural anthrolopologists out there, indeed, I did meet Mr./Mrs. JORR at the bar and we just found dolphin and Dr. Ken's kids so we're hothatchin it up here at the distinguished northwestern university.

Talk about droll talking.... these ppl presenting it are more nyquil than falling asleep to this morning's stern show.

Where's the CSFMB masses? I held my breath for an Elmhurst $teve sighting; that woulda been perfect.

C'est la vie I am only typing this transmission to pass time while this non-public-speaker meanders on telling us what newsreels are. They're staged and edited to convey a message? Gee what's that like? I'm used to fair and balanced unbiased news, not all of this slant.

Captain Weirdo here on W-ACK RADIO THE HEART AND SOUL OF CHICAGO COMIN AT YAAAAAA AT 743 WITH FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE WHO WILL LET US KNOW IF STACEY'S MOM HAS GOT IT GOING ON.

this guy is amazing. They insisted we all have programs describing every Clio but he's still gotta tell us. Yeap. Dolphin's youngest son needs an acct here: he looks more bored than me. Seriously this guy could sell himself and he'd put ambient out of business. Oh wow full desc of every Clip. Drinking game = take a shot whenever he says in/edited. You'll be hammered in under 3 minutes.

This message sponsored by CRACK COCAINE! CRACK COCAINE: IT ROCKS!!!!!

Anyways I enter this paragraph hoping he shuts up soon.... HEY HE IS WOO HEREWEGO!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm 

Damn funny post Sini!

Hate that I missed this. Especially since I'd have brought a flask of good Haitian rhum.....baseball's unwritten rules and all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 am 

thx double R.... i gotta confess that my phone's autocorrect turned "clip" into "Clio" and "ambien"into "ambient" but like, there's only so much patience you can have when your phone employs autocorrect cuz you know it's better than you.

it was nice to meet good dolphin for a 2nd time with dr. ken's kids... and JORR is a good dude. it was funny getting to the spot in evanston and sitting down next to a lady and ordering my beer and being like "do you mind if i sit here? yeah it spaces out well i'm waiting for a friend to show up so we can see some baseball movies tonight" and she's like "are you sinicalypse?" and quite honestly, whenever i hear that i tend to get a bit faclempt and on edge.... but she's really good peoples.

and JORR: the man, the myth, the legend. we even did a proper nightcap with a couple'a brews at a purported tall midget joint and the man is generous to a fault almost, so at least he let me get the tacos afterward. another quality person in the long line of good dudes i've met from the CSFMB, jolly good show.

extra special props going out to the guy who hosted the show who didn't freak out when i taped a good handful of news reels to show my grandfather tomorrow on the HDTV (cuz i can record to HDTV and even directly output via HDMI that way, let alone using a laptop as a middleman) cuz when they're showing the proper vintage newsreel about the 1932 world series it's like, dude, grandpa was there for a couple'a games..... seeing as he loves watching lawrence fk'n welk for nostalgia, he should love seeing this. and also, when the ppl in the crowd had a nerd-off (you know it's a for-real oldschool baseball crowd when you're one of ~3 people in team hats there, and of course, all of them are of defunct/relocated teams) trying to show the host dude that they knew their shit, like, he didnt lose patience when i asked him if vlad should be in the hall of fame.

him to me: "what do you think?"

me: "i'm biased, i'm an expos fan.... albeit undercover. i can't answer that question in good faith"

good times, good times indeed. i look forward to next year cuz like, seriously, while the NFL is the here and now and of course ALL HAIL JIM HARBAUGH FOR HE IS THE LIGHT AND THE WAY and all that, seriously, baseball is america's game.... it might have taken a dip as massmedia has endeavored to turn people into spazzier programs who are used to the fundamentally inherent herky jerkiness of tv timeouts and all that..... but when it comes to curmudgeony oldschool motherfuckers who live a lifestyle that oft revolves around the sport of the gods: look no further than baseball, my friend.

the only thing that truly fucking sucks is that i somehow fucked up a 7IP 2ER 10K victory by jose fernandez in my league.... even tho i'm a projected 120IP over the limit and i'm so far ahead in pitching it doesnt matter that much, still, i must have clicked off of the page too quick cuz like, i noticed he had 4IP OER 7K circa ~7pm and i was just like ohhhhhhh fuck cuz like, try as you might i'm a believer in jose fernandez. the kid is the goods.

extra special shoutouts to the weird guy behind me and mr/mrs JORR who went jackson pollock when trying to make some sort of an elaborate joke question that nobody, let alone himself, even understood. DON'T BE CONSTRAINED BY THE BORDERS OF TRADITIONAL PAINTING: GET INTO THE PICTURE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 am 

btw, the Almighty redskingreg won't see ^^^^^^^that^^^^^^^ post cuz he's got me on ignore. seriously, no bloviations needed in redskingregland, he only deals with people like judge chamberlain who indirectly quote me by saying LUCID, INTELLIGENT, WELL THOUGHT OUT POSTS as opposed to the stream of consciousness drivel i'm renown for purveying.

so yeah, any post on here is bittersweet cuz like.... you might reply. your friends might reply.... but redskingreg won't reply. he might even go as far to point out that he has me ignored, the csfmb equivalent of taking a dog who just shit on your rug (they shit on your rug? they shit on my rug. they shit on YOUR rug? THEY SHIT ON YOUR RUG! ---- inferrence=rugpeers did NOT do this) and rubbing his face in it, or in this case, taking a stupid sini post and rubbing my face all in it cuz like..... yeah dudes, i just don't cut the mustard. i'm going to have to become a far-suburban cop and take out my angst on balck people for a few years b4 making SCHLUBS series threads for the cubs subforum in order to get a little respect around here..... also fuck trayvon he's lucky it wasn't me cuz i woulda shot him 6 times acquit acquit acquit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:54 am 

I thought it was a fun night. Unfortunately it did kind of drag on so I couldn't go out for a nightcap.

That was a real collection of baseball nerds. As soon as I walked in the theater there was a musty smell of dudes who don't have to worry about the normal hygene procedures used when you have a significant other.