It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
*** Sale pending, and the haters can suck it!*** :P

***LOWERED ASKING PRICE WITH POSSIBLE PERFORMANCE BONUS OF CERTAIN MEMBERS OF A CERTAIN CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM SHOWING UP***

I have a hard copy pair I'm looking to basically recoup face value/fees: Pavilion II 206, Row: NN Seats 7,8. Basically third row of second half of pavilion on stage right (Alex's) side. Seats are on the side closer to the center sections (205) than the edges, so a better viewing angle that the higher-numbered seats.

$175 obo takes 'em. (which is actually a few bucks cheaper than face + fees + delivery on LiveNation), and I'll include delivery at no charge).

Let me know!

Last edited by Minooka Meatball on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 am 

Why would I pay when Woodridge Ryan would give me tickets for free

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:14 pm 

100$ a ticket for Rush?

That's where we've come to in society?

Fuck, I like Rush but that sucks.

Its one thing when The Stones or The Who are charging those prices, but fucking Rush?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Rush also tours like every year or every other year. The Stones and The Who charge an arm and a leg, but they only put on a big tour maybe every 4-6 years?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:
100$ a ticket for Rush?

Its one thing when The Stones or The Who are charging those prices, but fucking Rush?

In my opinion The Rolling Stones aren't worth anywhere close to what they charge, same for The Who....this is 2013, not 1978 or even 1994.

I'll lay a 100 on Rush if it where anywhere else other than the former World Music Amphitheater.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
100$ a ticket for Rush?

In my opinion The Rolling Stones aren't worth anywhere close to what they charge, same for The Who....this is 2013, not 1978 or even 1994.

I'll lay a 100 on Rush if it where anywhere else other than the former World Music Amphitheater.

Yeah, they arent worth it. No one is.

But when its a band many consider the GOAT, I can see the prices getting crazy.

But for Rush?

If Rush is 100, then U2 and the Stones are gonna be charging a thousand!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Didn't they move to Rockford, anyway? $200 in Rockford gets you a VIP table at the best restaurant they have to offer - Red Lobster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I would take Red Lobster in Rockford 10 times out of 10 over a Rush concert.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would take Red Lobster in Rockford 10 times out of 10 over a Rush concert.

I'd take a $200 gift coupon to Beef A Roo over a Rush concert.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
It pains me greatly to see both my hometown and favorite band being slagged in the same thread.

Furious is getting upset!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
It pains me greatly to see both my hometown and favorite band being slagged in the same thread.

Forgive them, Furious, they know not what they do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

Just don't go and crash your bike or anything, it will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm 

Play a round of golf for me Hawger. I'll give you my GHIN.

God knows I don't ask for much!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

Covered, and when you get back together we are going to get out for that round of golf.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:02 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Covered, and when you get back together we are going to get out for that round of golf.

And a passionate make out session

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SomeGuy wrote:

Worst outdoor shed anywhere. The sound is just awful.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Rush performed at the recent Rock and Roll HOF ceremony. Peart and Lifeson were fantastic, but Geddy Lee's voice is shot. I wouldn't pay a nickel to see them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Chus wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Worst outdoor shed anywhere. The sound is just awful.

Agreed. That place is a cavernous bowl of suck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Rush performed at the recent Rock and Roll HOF ceremony. Peart and Lifeson were fantastic, but Geddy Lee's voice is shot. I wouldn't pay a nickel to see them.

That's another thing, Geddy can't hit those high notes anymore or anything in the mid-high range. The first time I saw them was at the World back in 2001 or so and he sounded pretty good, one of the better concerts I've been to. I would see them again in 2008 or 2009 and he didn't sound good at all. It's sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:34 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That's another thing, Geddy can't hit those high notes anymore or anything in the mid-high range. The first time I saw them was at the World back in 2001 or so and he sounded pretty good, one of the better concerts I've been to. I would see them again in 2008 or 2009 and he didn't sound good at all. It's sad.

Kind of like going to a U2 show these days. The actual show is top notch, the music is solid, atmosphere is great but Bono just can't do it anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tweeter isn't bad as long as you are in the area of Minookas' tickets or closer. I've found that the sound is best along the two center aisles, within the projected arc from the stage, but not necessarily in the "center."

Beyond that, I'll agree...it's awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fuck do I miss the 80's! I could go to Alpine Valley the day of the concert, and get lawn seats to see Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith for $18 fucking dollars. The concert going experience has gone to shit. Greedy corporate fucks!!!!

And Tinley Park absolutely blows for concerts! It makes the All State Arena sound like front row center at the old stadium!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :(

Granted, Ged's voice has not improved over the last 10 years, but they're friggin' 60, FFS. Having said that, he actually sounds pretty good this tour, as the set list is more conducive to his range, without having to drop half of the songs down a tone or two like a lot of other acts...AND, the new stuff is the best work they've done since Moving Pictures, so THERE! :cry:

Yeah, the First Tweeter Midwest World Bank Amphitheater Theater has and always will suck in many ways; problem is the area's indoor venues aren't much better, COP is worthless, especially in a monsoonal rain, hardly anyone books at Alpine anymore, etc. - but HEY, it's still gonna be a great show, you bastards!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 am 

Yeah, Geddy's voice is far from shot and the setlist definitely is tailored to suit his mid-range vocals. Heavy on mid-80's era RUSH is fine by me. Analog Kid absolutely rocks and the string section kills it on songs like Manhattan Project. Not some symphonic nonsense, but a tight little group that includes Peter Dinklage's brother. Bummed they don't play "Losing It", though.

Best part about Tinley is I get to blow by all the cars waiting in line on my motorcycle and park right near the gate.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Yeah, Geddy's voice is far from shot and the setlist definitely is tailored to suit his mid-range vocals. Heavy on mid-80's era RUSH is fine by me. Analog Kid absolutely rocks and the string section kills it on songs like Manhattan Project. Not some symphonic nonsense, but a tight little group that includes Peter Dinklage's brother. Bummed they don't play "Losing It", though.

Best part about Tinley is I get to blow by all the cars waiting in line on my motorcycle and park right near the gate.

Analog Kid is the goods and I love Manhattan Project.

Give 'em hell, Furious!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 am 

SomeGuy wrote:

Kind of like going to a U2 show these days. The actual show is top notch, the music is solid, atmosphere is great but Bono just can't do it anymore.

Sadly, he started declining very early in the U2 story.

He probably peaked with the Live Aid and W.A.I.A. versions of Bad. I figure seeing him on Zoo Tv was like 90% and now its probably like 75%

He really had an amazing voice early

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

Its the Worst, Furious. The Worst!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

He probably peaked with the Live Aid and W.A.I.A. versions of Bad. I figure seeing him on Zoo Tv was like 90% and now its probably like 75%

I'm just about with you on this. and agree the peak was around the time W.A.I.A (which is the best version of the song and one of the best U2 records ever) and it went into a solid decline after Rattle and Hum. There is definite drop off in tone/timber/range going from LoveTown to ZooTV stuff. There is even a slight decline from Inside Broadcast '91 to Zoomerang in 93'. PopMart was a definite sharp decline but that was due, in part, to heavy smoking, over use, allergies and other things. He recovered a good amount of voice for ATYCLB and even Vertigo but that was just a lower floor and not a higher ceiling.

I can remember the PopMart VHS I got for Christmas, Live from Mexico and being depressed by how much he couldn't due anymore without the Edge providing backup, Mofo was an awesome opener, though. I'm glad I got to see it live.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I'm just about with you on this. and agree the peak was around the time W.A.I.A (which is the best version of the song and one of the best U2 records ever) and it went into a solid decline after Rattle and Hum. There is definite drop off in tone/timber/range going from LoveTown to ZooTV stuff. There is even a slight decline from Inside Broadcast '91 to Zoomerang in 93'. PopMart was a definite sharp decline but that was due, in part, to heavy smoking, over use, allergies and other things. He recovered a good amount of voice for ATYCLB and even Vertigo but that was just a lower floor and not a higher ceiling.

I can remember the PopMart VHS I got for Christmas, Live from Mexico and being depressed by how much he couldn't due anymore without the Edge providing backup, Mofo was an awesome opener, though. I'm glad I got to see it live.

Oh yeah, I was talking strictly with Concerts

He can still get it up in the studio (with many takes and proper rest etc)

He really flexes on Walk on and Kite