It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dan Mc Neil
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm 

time to re take mid days at the station and restore its character as the voice of the fan...time to return to the throne

Post subject: Re: Dan Mc Neil
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Its going to be July next week. Shouldn't the new partner be announced fairly soon?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
good dolphin wrote:
time to re take mid days at the station and restore its character as the voice of the fan...time to return to the throne

I'll will stand tall with Danny Mac!

Do you hear the fandom shout
Shouting the song of angry men?
It is the celebration of a people
Who will not be berated again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of BernSTINE'S face
There is show about to start
When tomorrow from 1-6pm begins!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:13 pm 

I think the boards reaction to Bernstein is more entertaining than either radio show could possibly be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Pretty sure he's already doing middays.

When he's there.

Fine, re take afternoon drive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Pretty sure he's already doing middays.

When he's there.

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Its going to be July next week. Shouldn't the new partner be announced fairly soon?

Mac made a comment to Spiegel the other day regarding Spiegel sitting down with Mitch & signing. I hope like hell this doesn't happen.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm 

this is like a superhero refusing to acknowledge his powers...like Hal hanging out in the tavern with Falstaff rather than taking on the matle of king (second Henry V reference in one day for this board)

The journey of self awareness during 9-1 is over. It is time to be who you were meant to be!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Scorehead wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Mac made a comment to Spiegel the other day regarding Spiegel sitting down with Mitch & signing. I hope like hell this doesn't happen.

I caught that as well. 3 year anniversary was last week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:31 pm 

Perhaps we can bestow upon Mac the Crown of Drive-Time at the Mac and Meat 3rd Aniv. Celebration.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:38 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Perhaps we can bestow upon Mac the Crown of Drive-Time at the Mac and Meat 3rd Aniv. Celebration.

Are they having one? If so, what day will it get canceled?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Are they having one? If so, what day will it get canceled?

:lol:
Now that was fucking funny...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That concert that 15 people paid to see didn't get cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
I think the boards reaction to Bernstein is more entertaining than either radio show could possibly be.

quoted for truth. and since my current signature quote is a dumbass one, i'm going to make this my new signature quote in that TPTB can see what my feelings are whenever they happen across my meandering in any ole post.

(that's a fucking byung hyun kim brand grooved fastball for speeps or someone distinctly not-green)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 pm 

also, lamentably, i gotta co-sign the MAC FOR AFTERNOON DRIVE movement.... i say lamentably cuz b&b is the show that got me into sportstalk and shaped my views on the medium.... but as i've said b4 (and will save you ~300-500 words by saying again) there's been a fundamental change in BurnSTINE since he became the FOTS where all of a sudden the little bad/gay/weird show that could, aka the outpost of zaniness in a day otherwise chock full of str8up meatballdom (and the very fact that i use meatball speaks of the influence bernstein wields over me whether i'm listening or not nowadays) became an IMPORTANT BRAND of "sports talk for the thinking fan" or whatever way the show wants to pat itself on the back for being smart/correct/important in the wake of evolving from a niche to the veritable blueprint for how the station does sportstalk.

there's prolly some % of me that didn't realize these seeds were planted long long ago when the show was on from 8-12 or 10-2, as dan has pretty much been dan for a long time and what we're witnessing now is more natural evolution than contrived change.... but still, man, it sucks that b&b went from appointment radio that i actively looked forward to and turned into this weird demagoguery that is every bit as offputting as NORT in his morning show heyday.... and thensome. much like the stern show, the joy is listening for the fun-bad and hanging out on a forum to be like OMFG CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CRAP ON MY RADIO?!?!!? although howard is out and out a 100% hypocrite who has long since become the kind of vapid celebrity that he lampooned during his prime as he was coming on up, and dan has just become polarizingly-extreme in being MAXIMUM BERNSTEIN who took any of his "social justice" vibe and ratcheted it up to 11 in the hopes of doing something "important' with his pulpit, because with his great FOTS power comes great FOTS responsibility and no doubt he thinks that he has to use his pulpit to "do something for" the listeners / his flock as opposed to just doing a superficially unimportant bad/gay/weird show, even tho he'll quickly invoke that label in order to try and balance out the serious BIG. BOY. RADIO. that he does from 1:30-6 every day.

it's sad to see.... but hey, at least i've got you lot as we continue on as the veritable dawgsaloon.com for b&b that we truly are...... which means they'll just label us as haters / closet-lovers and they'll thump their chests even prouder than before.

also, laurence. remember, he's definitely not about those people who campaign for their birthday parties in their adulthood. yes, i heard that on my radio today. i guess all you have to do is say something and it's gospel cuz quote dave kaplan "thanks for listening" which means that since we're listening he's right and therefore our opinion is meaningless because we're not a few months away from having a verified twitter account (and props to curious hair or whoever it was that pointed out massmedia's championing of twitter over messageboards because it inforces the celebrity/media-tapped hiearchy where only recognized official media sources matter and everything else is just the droll endless banality of peasants chirping their meaningless opinions. true to form, it never matters if twitter replies/mentions are good/bad/otherwise.... it only matters how many there are. it's all a #s game: c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm 

so much for saving you guys those 300-500 words.... c'est la vie. i hate having these fucking thoughts and opinions.... i wish they'd just go away, which is part of the beauty of twitter. nobody can have any sort of critical thoughts that don't masquerade as a quick punchline/statement cuz you've got 140 characters and if you use more than one tweet you're an obsessive maniac. another victory for the hometeam!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
rogers park bryan wrote:

Agree 100%. I don't listen to B&B anymore, and yet I am drawn to the constant hand wringing in the daily show thread. It is endlessly entertaining stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
it's shocking almost how much time people on here spend hate listening live to Bernstein.... OT... but the score is unlistenable live due to the 25 min per hour of commercials or updates.... podcasts have been a god send for me (no commercials), I'm surprised they dont charge for them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Agree 100%. I don't listen to B&B anymore, and yet I am drawn to the constant hand wringing in the daily show thread. It is endlessly entertaining stuff.

Those threads are a pretty big indictment of his formulaic thinking. I dialed down my listening big time with the PSU, Armstrong, CTE garbage and pretty much quit after the Jason Collins stuff. Transition is the only B&B I catch anymore other than checking in for 2nd half sometimes. I don't think the activity of daily threads correspond with # of people listening. I think most have greatly reduced their listening. Problem is we can easily participate in threads b/c we all know what the cuntswab argument he's made or trying to. It's become the same old shit repackaged for every topic. The fucked part is I thought his radio personality was a bit but then Twitter comes along and...yikes it's not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Those threads are a pretty big indictment of his formulaic thinking. I dialed down my listening big time with the PSU, Armstrong, CTE garbage and pretty much quit after the Jason Collins stuff. Transition is the only B&B I catch anymore other than checking in for 2nd half sometimes. I don't think the activity of daily threads correspond with # of people listening. I think most have greatly reduced their listening. Problem is we can easily participate in threads b/c we all know what the cuntswab argument he's made or trying to. It's become the same old shit repackaged for every topic. The fucked part is I thought his radio personality was a bit but then Twitter comes along and...yikes it's not.

Kirkwood with the mother fucking bulls-eye. I actually did listen today past transition....big mistake, I made it to about 2:30pm or so and hit the eject button. In a scant 60 min of programing I was reminded of why I don't listen to the show anymore.

All in all you hit the nail on the head, my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Listen and Post...Listen and Post...I wish I had never...found this place.

(except the part about all the friends and stuff)