It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
In all seriousness, the actual response would be pages long if I felt like putting the energy into it.

More than anything, I just think he's fake. Like when he signed up here. He only did so to save face as he was getting pummeled on here for missing the day after the White Sox won the championship.

He was the main competition to B&B, often and mostly kicking their ass during the MJH days. That was probably the height of my B&B enjoyment, and I couldn't understand how such a shitty show was loved

He signed up on the site to get feedback from listeners. He recognized that the feedback here was more likely to be genuine and more balanced than what he might get at a remote or other more biased gatherings of listeners. I don't think he cares much about how he is percieved by people here as he is their perception of the show.

He beat B & B's ass like a rented mule because he's the best sports talk show host in the city and B & B suck.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Keeping Score wrote:
Can we please stay focused in this thread on our nearly universally united disdain for one Dan McNeil?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
How did Mac lead to the pussification of the board!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Oh I meant to sign in here. While I don't like Speegs and kind of enjoy the semi-annual dogpiles here, anyone thinking he alone is responsible for the show's awfulness or that Mac is somehow being "held back" is deluded . Mac's been bad regardless of who he's been paired with for years.

Welcome to the club, Zeph!!

I am going to go out on a limb and say my buddy Kirkwood is a no. Danny Mac has Green Bay love, you disappoint me KS.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Oh I meant to sign in here. While I don't like Speegs and kind of enjoy the semi-annual dogpiles here, anyone thinking he alone is responsible for the show's awfulness or that Mac is somehow being "held back" is deluded . Mac's been bad regardless of who he's been paired with for years.

Welcome to the club, Zeph!!

I am going to go out on a limb and say my buddy Kirkwood is a no. Danny Mac has Green Bay love, you disappoint me KS.

Zizou has Green Bay love too and I can't stand him either. :P

ANSWER THE QUESTION

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
In all seriousness, the actual response would be pages long if I felt like putting the energy into it.

More than anything, I just think he's fake. Like when he signed up here. He only did so to save face as he was getting pummeled on here for missing the day after the White Sox won the championship.

He was the main competition to B&B, often and mostly kicking their ass during the MJH days. That was probably the height of my B&B enjoyment, and I couldn't understand how such a shitty show was loved

He signed up on the site to get feedback from listeners. He recognized that the feedback here was more likely to be genuine and more balanced than what he might get at a remote or other more biased gatherings of listeners. I don't think he cares much about how he is percieved by people here as he is their perception of the show.

He beat B & B's ass like a rented mule because he's the best sports talk show host in the city and B & B suck.

Not true. He specifically signed up to try and save face for the beatdown he was getting on here in regard to him calling in the day after the Sox won the Series.

I think you are deluded. I don't believe Mac gives a rat's ass what the people on this board ever thought about him taking the day after the Sox Championship off. But I think he does care about opinions concerning the show he is on and what listeners like/dislike. It's like a free focus group for him to get feedback from. To think he was concerned about a "beatdown" as you put it, is :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 pm 

I refuse to read this thread, and this forum in particular, so just add me to the list. The guy sucks. He promptly shat upon whatever glimmer of "old Score" memories he had to work with by choosing an awful co-host. Haven't heard his stupid voice in months, and it's glorious.......well, except for the occasional transition I happen into where him do his stupid "byeeeeeeeeeeeee" signoff.

Dan MaccccKneeeeeeel got sucky ticket!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:46 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I think you are deluded. I don't believe Mac gives a rat's ass what the people on this board ever thought about him taking the day after the Sox Championship off. But I think he does care about opinions concerning the show he is on and what listeners like/dislike. It's like a free focus group for him to get feedback from. To think he was concerned about a "beatdown" as you put it, is :lol:

Maybe . . . . maybe . . . . no.

Many in the "free focus group" celebrated long into the night that the Sox won and were able to get up and go about their jobs the next day, hence the deserved criticism and ridicule. See, giving him a free pass on that isn't the problem (whether he asked for it or not), the problem is pretending it didn't happen. Ironically in the 7 years since missing a shift has become a commonality with his shows, to the point that some joke about an "iron man streak."

He (nor you) can't pretend the significance of this "focus group" is marginal to irrelevant while regularly delving into the group with the "Ask" segments. Its foolhardy bullshit to think/believe otherwise, and many (if not most) here can see it and call from a mile away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Many in the "free focus group" celebrated long into the night that the Sox won and were able to get up and go about their jobs the next day, hence the deserved criticism and ridicule. See, giving him a free pass on that isn't the problem (whether he asked for it or not), the problem is pretending it didn't happen. Ironically in the 7 years since missing a shift has become a commonality with his shows, to the point that some joke about an "iron man streak."

He (nor you) can't pretend the significance of this "focus group" is marginal to irrelevant while regularly delving into the group with the "Ask" segments. Its foolhardy bullshit to think/believe otherwise, and many (if not most) here can see it and call from a mile away.

I'm gonna go ahead and put you in the club.

I went back and looked, but it appears the prune shears took care of Mac's initial posts on this site.

Though I don't care for Mac, I do try to portray things as accurately as possible.

I was here that day, almost the entire board went into group think, hammered Mac throughout the day, he finally signed up and offered his Mea culpa over the whole thing.

I'm not sure if you were lurking or not at the time Elmhurst Steve, but I noticed you signed up about 7 months or so after the event took place.

So don't tell me it didn't happen. It doesn't happen a lot, but I'm not always an idiot.

I'm not looking for club inclusion as much as I felt compelled to respond to the Lionel Hutz of the DannyMac ALS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Keeping Score wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I'm gonna go ahead and put you in the club.

I went back and looked, but it appears the prune shears took care of Mac's initial posts on this site.

Though I don't care for Mac, I do try to portray things as accurately as possible.

I was here that day, almost the entire board went into group think, hammered Mac throughout the day, he finally signed up and offered his Mea culpa over the whole thing.

I'm not sure if you were lurking or not at the time Elmhurst Steve, but I noticed you signed up about 7 months or so after the event took place.

So don't tell me it didn't happen. It doesn't happen a lot, but I'm not always an idiot.

Damn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:23 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
[

Though I don't care for Mac, I do try to portray things as accurately as possible. .

You try to portray your perception of things accurately but that's like looking at the world through a funhouse mirror.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:11 pm 

Help me out here, kids. Other than saying 'there are enough people around here who do that' regarding station employees who agree with Bernstein..... what did i say that required a 'confrontation?'

It appears there was some imaginary radio today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
So there was no saying you needed to get something off your chest with Bernstein during transition?

SomeGuy has som 'splainin to do...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
Help me out here, kids. Other than saying 'there are enough people around here who do that' regarding station employees who agree with Bernstein..... what did i say that required a 'confrontation?'

Mac, when does Spiegel get fired?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 pm 

I don't remember saying there's something I want to get off my chest. If I have a history of keeping things bottled up, that's news to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

Mac is too lazy to even put up a fight anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mac - Bernstein tweeted that you were scared to confront him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:08 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Mac - Bernstein tweeted that you were scared to confront him.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:50 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Mac wrote:
I don't remember saying there's something I want to get off my chest. If I have a history of keeping things bottled up, that's news to me.

We'll just chalk this up to SomeGuy being a jerk. It happens all the time.

I should've known better, but of course I wasn't listening, so my apologies.

Stupid SomeGuy.

Hey Mac, can you please give a quick Shoutout to MY GUY! Hawg Ass? He loves you.

I still kind of hate you, but you're alright.

#DannyGreen&Gold

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:53 am 

SomeGuy is taking notes, writing down names.....preparing, scheming, plotting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

:lol: that has got to be the most horrible fall i have ever seen. his chicken legs cant support his body weight :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 pm 

Mac wrote:
If I have a history of keeping things bottled up, that's news to me.

100% MAN right there, kids. I bestow all those who ought with such lavish inescurity.