It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:08 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
HAWG!

You should be happy I'm being real with you, if I didn't lay the wood to your post that would mean I didn't care about you and your well being.

Thanks Someguy, I can really feel all of the emotion and caring.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated.

Perhaps I should murder you?

Now, now, now you are my guy, why would you want to do this?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:10 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Wow.

Finji starts rattling off stuff from a site that has rankings for pre season NFL camps....

While reading through what points are awarded for which scenarios Mac makes his displeasure known, grumbles and talks under his breath the whole time, being a real pissy pants.

BUT, then he says "grumble, grumble, grumble, did Speigs write this?" in a very mocking and displeased voice. He then goes on to do a "MeatPants Impression" in a very very mocking tone. That wasn't very nice!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Half listening, or more accurately giving the show the same attention level that the namesake host considers commensurate, and as they go into this portion I listen but then am forced to PTFB. Why? Because while anyone reading from a list or citing a lenghty articule is a tedious listen, saying you forgot the source of the information means you're prattling on to simply move the meters, or to get a response from the namesake host. Who incidentally is too bored/preoccupied/uninterested to feign appropriately.

Now that they got my full attention, they just lost me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac will be starting his Tressman hate soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:13 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac should just drop all pretenses and embrace his Packers and Cubs fandom.
We all should.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:

Agreed. It's incredibly half-baked, half-assed and shallow.

Kind of like the show has been for the last month or so.

Kickoff can't come soon enough.

I haven't been listening much to B&B and Mac lately, but would you say that Bernstein actually expresses a good amount of sports thoughts per every show, or at least more than Mac does? Now they don't have to be thoughts with which we agree, but it seems to me that Bernstein more or less thinks things through about the Bears, and you hear this come out when he engages Arkush and Bowen to see what they think. I tried not to listen to Mac during his ESPN days because I couldn't stand his partners, but I want to give him a chance on 670 but I just can't remember him saying something substantive and interesting whenever it is I do check in. Perhaps his talent is more in "driving a show," generating conversation, than it is contributing compelling sports thoughts? I don't know, but I figured I'd ask you since I'm sure you listen to Mac more than I have. If I wanted to be somewhat brash about this, I'd say Mac doesn't think too hard anymore because he's got no incentive to do so (he's a made radio star, irrespective of performance), and knows he can get by with the lazy radio that's a result of him not caring anymore.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
This show is a preview of the future. And it's awful. Be more careful what you wish for next time.
That's what I said when people wanted you to start posting again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:24 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
This show is a preview of the future. And it's awful. Be more careful what you wish for next time.

I noticed you hadn't posted yet today and thought for sure you were at the Shareholder's meeting. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac should just drop all pretenses and embrace his Packers and Cubs fandom.
We all should.

I've been on the forefront of this movement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:39 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mac should just drop all pretenses and embrace his Packers and Brewers fandom.

Fixed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:40 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

I noticed you hadn't posted yet today and thought for sure you were at the Shareholder's meeting. :lol:

I missed it. I was up 'til 4am doing Raw.

ewwwwww

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:47 pm 
Tad Queasy wrote:
A) Jake Long was smiling on the sidelines while the Bears were down 10-7 in the second quarter.

That'd be quite an accomplishment considering he plays for St Louis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
veganfan21 wrote:
I tried not to listen to Mac during his ESPN days because I couldn't stand his partners, but I want to give him a chance on 670 but I just can't remember him saying something substantive and interesting whenever it is I do check in. Perhaps his talent is more in "driving a show," generating conversation, than it is contributing compelling sports thoughts?

I agree with that. I think his appeal has always been that he does "guy radio" and talks about BBQ, music, movies, etc. He's also kind of Stern-y or Dahl-y in that he talks about his personal life and the personal lives of his co-hosts/sidekicks quite a bit and tries to make a personal connection with his listeners in that way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac is a meatball, which is fine. But it's kind of hard to be interesting as a meatball if you don't really CARE about what is going on (except 1990s hockey).

The last thing we need is a bunch of middling intellects who try to act like Bernsie clones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:20 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I tried not to listen to Mac during his ESPN days because I couldn't stand his partners, but I want to give him a chance on 670 but I just can't remember him saying something substantive and interesting whenever it is I do check in. Perhaps his talent is more in "driving a show," generating conversation, than it is contributing compelling sports thoughts?

I agree with that. I think his appeal has always been that he does "guy radio" and talks about BBQ, music, movies, etc. He's also kind of Stern-y or Dahl-y in that he talks about his personal life and the personal lives of his co-hosts/sidekicks quite a bit and tries to make a personal connection with his listeners in that way.

Hmm..then who is the ideal partner for Mac? I know this has been discussed a ton on the board, but does the show need an infusion of sports knowledge, or is the "guy radio" approach of the Mac-Jurko-Harry days the better alternative? Guy radio is fine I guess, but I have to hear substantive sports thoughts/insight more often than not.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
veganfan21 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Hmm..then who is the ideal partner for Mac? I know this has been discussed a ton on the board, but does the show need an infusion of sports knowledge, or is the "guy radio" approach of the Mac-Jurko-Harry days the better alternative? Guy radio is fine I guess, but I have to hear substantive sports thoughts/insight more often than not.

Someone with the knowledge and preparation of Meat but the delivery and even keeled persona of...............? I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
There is no good partner for Mac, because Mac sucks.

Have you ever worked with someone who did not give one fuck about his job? Someone who put zero effort in? How to you "partner" with someone like that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:
Holy shit, Mac is totally out of his mind and out of his depth discussing Cutler...the 2 Shep and Finji were trying to run cover and reel him back in but he continued on. That was painful, does Mac even watch Bears football?

-He hates Cutler
-Wants him gone
-Hates that he's here
-Wants the Bears to win without him.

What does any of the mean?

It means he feels the same way I do and the same way many others do. Cutler makes far too many bad decisions with the football. His QB rating and TD-Turnover ratio is not very good. He's been mostly awful against the Packers, who happen to be the Bears top competition within the division.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Holy shit, Mac is totally out of his mind and out of his depth discussing Cutler...the 2 Shep and Finji were trying to run cover and reel him back in but he continued on. That was painful, does Mac even watch Bears football?

-He hates Cutler
-Wants him gone
-Hates that he's here

It means he feels the same way I do and the same way many others do. Cutler makes far too many bad decisions with the football. His QB rating and TD-Turnover ratio is not very good. He's been mostly awful against the Packers, who happen to be the Bears top competition within the division.

The Bears had Mike Tice as OC & from all accounts he had no fucking clue how to run an offense. Another bad Lovie appointment...& Mike Martz, another bad Lovie hire, who got lucky 1 year in St. Louis. This is a make or break year for Jay. If he sucks this year, he's gone & rightly so. Right now he's a middle of the pack average NFL QB, but I think he could be poised for a big year under Trestman.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:50 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

-He hates Cutler
-Wants him gone
-Hates that he's here

The Bears had Mike Tice as OC & from all accounts he had no fucking clue how to run an offense. Another bad Lovie appointment...& Mike Martz, another bad Lovie hire, who got lucky 1 year in St. Louis. This is a make or break year for Jay. If he sucks this year, he's gone & rightly so. Right now he's a middle of the pack average NFL QB, but I think he could be poised for a big year under Trestman.

Even if he puts up average numbers, I can still see him here in 2014. The key pieces on the offense are all in their late 20s to early 30s, which is about where Cutler is as well. If you go young in 2014, then I don't see how you keep everyone else around.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Spiegels WSCR contract expires July 31, & unless I missed it, Jurkos deal also ends July 31. This just seems like its too good to be true. A no brainer. It has been many years since Mitch made a good hire. He has a chance to do so soon.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought Jurko resigned last year 7/31.