It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Back again, are we? This show of horrors continues on its track of destruction and uninformed apathy on this day of our lord 7/25/2013. I'm pretty sure Finji is in but I could be wrong....and if I am, who fucking cares? The hosts sure as hell don't. Meat is still out and the jury is still out on his future, Meat is on vacation, hamming it up and pondering his possible pasts. Ah Meat, I miss you....it's hard listening to 2 hosts who don't watch much sports try to cobble together accurate scouting reports on Cubs players. But it all could change in a blink of an eye. Meat could make the call, the one to end it all, he may want to cry but in the end he will realize that the wells gone dry. It's his side job, anyways...he doesn't do radio for the money, not for the fame, certainly not for the power. No more games, Meat!

Typical Shit:

-Hosts who don't watch sports try and talk in-depth about sports. They fail to convince.
-Finji looks up random crap on the internet and attempts to read it coherently to Mac, he stumbles over many words. Mac is unimpressed and lets it be known.
-Mac takes more direct shots at Meat.
-Producers chime in about why they are wearing a certain hat? Eh, gotta fill dead air, I suppose.
-NFL talk, although I'm not sure if they watch that either. Probably some guests on to patch the holes.
-MLB trade deadline talk? They don't watch baseball so I hope they have guests on. The Jr. Lake shit show from yesterday proved they shouldn't even try to fake it. Don't tell me Jr. Lake is the reason to pay to go to the ballpark and a reason to get excited. GTFO.

Anyways, there it is.

Enjoy it, enjoy the shit cynical and apathetic sandwich.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
What about the eye of the Sharknado?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Rob Demovsky with a Packer report today! Danny can't hide his Green and Gold love.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think I just tore a ligament in my rush to PTFB as UofI football coach is on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Rob Demovsky with a Packer report today! Danny can't hide his Green and Gold love.

Sad that he can't come out of the closet and be what he wants to be, which is a Packer fan, fair weather ND fan and a Cubs fan.

Should I bother tuning in?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Sad that he can't come out of the closet and be what he wants to be, which is a Packer fan, fair weather ND fan and a Cubs fan.

Yes!!! Packers report coming up after the break.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

This is glorious. Easily their best show of the year.

:bounce:

Go suck a dick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Oh shit, Cubs coming up. See you guys later! Thanks for the thread, SomeGuy!

I am at your service, KS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

This is glorious. Easily their best show of the year.

:bounce:

Yup, great preview of training camp. Season kickoff can't come soon enough. Danny Green and Gold sounds pumped for 19 straight victory Mondays.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Yup, great preview of training camp. Season kickoff can't come soon enough. Danny Green and Gold sounds pumped for 19 straight victory Mondays.

And he hates Cutler and wants the Bears to win without him.

Truly stunning thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: ------
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Truly stunning thoughts.

Who is the backup for Cutler this year anyway. McClown again?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Truly stunning thoughts.

Who is the backup for Cutler this year anyway. McClown again?

Yep.

Maybe Mac would be satisfied if Josh McCown was in because he isn't a big meanie to the media and smiles on the sidelines!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Cutler could be raising the Lombardi Trophy in Feb and people would still complain...

Did you hear how he said "I'm going to Disney World" on the MVP commercial?

He should have let Virginia hold the trophy longer, he doesnt respect the tradition!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Yep.

Maybe Mac would be satisfied if Josh McCown was in because he isn't a big meanie to the media and smiles on the sidelines!

Yeah its impossible to be a winning QB with a bad attitude on the sidelines

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 am 

When Jay Cutler starts playing like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning we can have a different discussion about whether Cutler's attitude is going to help us win.

There are things about his attitude that can actually cause problems. There is a reason Cutler still has the same flaws in his game he had before he got here and why the Bears have to find new coaches every year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
When Jay Cutler starts playing like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning we can have a different discussion about whether Cutler's attitude is going to help us win.

There are things about his attitude that can actually cause problems. There is a reason Cutler still has the same flaws in his game he had before he got here and why the Bears have to find new coaches every year.

I think it is fair to crictique the lack of progress in Cutler's game and his sometime inexplicable decision making. I think it is very tired to go back to the he is kind of an asshole so he can't be a good QB well. Most talented athletes are kind of pudwhacks.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Phil McCracken wrote:
I think it is fair to crictique the lack of progress in Cutler's game and his sometime inexplicable decision making. I think it is very tired to go back to the he is kind of an asshole so he can't be a good QB well. Most talented athletes are kind of pudwhacks.

I agree. The attitude thing is irrelevant unless he becomes insubordinate in practice or something, because it now gets in the way of winning football games.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
The Talk Radio Kent thing is pretty funny. But I've heard it twice in the 20 minutes that I've listened to today. Makes me wonder how many times they've played it.

Gotta fill that air time!

What's the alternative? More of Finji reading of a website he just found detailing which NFL camps are the most interesting?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
The Talk Radio Kent thing is pretty funny. But I've heard it twice in the 20 minutes that I've listened to today. Makes me wonder how many times they've played it.

What's the alternative? More of Finji reading of a website he just found detailing which NFL camps are the most interesting?

If Bernstein clones do smug, Very Important radio, then do aspiring Mac clones do "I don't care enough to watch sports" sports radio?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
And who the fuck says they're gonna light up another 'boro light?

Quit trying to be so cute with your words, Mac. You sound ridiculous.

It's a smoke, a cig, or a cigarette.

Or a burrito....if you will

:lol: f.ag turns to GAY. I miss burrito.

Chus wrote:

Last edited by Phil McCracken on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Im beginning to think Mac is making these idiotic statements on purpose. There is no way someone can as clueless as he has these past few days. Its unbearable to hear him talk baseball and football.

Also, Mac should look at Starlin Castro's stats before and after his day off but that would require work so nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

If Bernstein clones do smug, Very Important radio, then do aspiring Mac clones do "I don't care enough to watch sports" sports radio?

It's looking that way, Vegan. In my opinion Mac has been about "one of the guys" sports talk mixed with guy talk and other such elements. Never too heavy, never to serious but at least informed and engaging. He has never been super in depth or ultra knowledgeable about sports but he knew enough to carry on a good argument/discussion and engage listeners. That was his knack, he also had a supporting cast to bolster everything. Jurko and Harry and now Meat...he can still be excellent when he is "all there" but over the last few weeks to a month+ he's been very lackluster and not even really trying and pretty much telling us he doesn't care.

The Macanite's need shouldn't try to emulate Mac at this point in his career, they should aim for something beginning with MJH and ending about 2011.

Maybe Mac was right and it's time for him to move on to something else, he has been at this game for a long, long time and was at the top of the food chain for many years but maybe he's just tired of it and realizes it is time to move on. Spend more time with his family and Patrick, more time at the lodge. He's earned it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hatchetman wrote:
I think I just tore a ligament in my rush to PTFB as UofI football coach is on.

Please tell me that there isn't going to be a "Tim Beckman Show" on WSCR since they are now the home of U of I Football.
The Score replaced the best college football program in the state with Illinois? No thanks.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
It's looking that way, Vegan. In my opinion Mac has been about "one of the guys" sports talk mixed with guy talk and other such elements. Never too heavy, never to serious but at least informed and engaging. He has never been super in depth or ultra knowledgeable about sports but he knew enough to carry on a good argument/discussion and engage listeners. That was his knack, he also had a supporting cast to bolster everything. Jurko and Harry and now Meat...he can still be excellent when he is "all there" but over the last few weeks to a month+ he's been very lackluster and not even really trying and pretty much telling us he doesn't care.

The Macanite's need shouldn't try to emulate Mac at this point in his career, they should aim for something beginning with MJH and ending about 2011.

Maybe Mac was right and it's time for him to move on to something else, he has been at this game for a long, long time and was at the top of the food chain for many years but maybe he's just tired of it and realizes it is time to move on. Spend more time with his family and Patrick, more time at the lodge. He's earned it.

That's well-put. Well, if he's truly tired and is just being honest about it, that same self-honesty should come into play when thinking about the year left on his deal and the kind of show he's supposed to put on. There's no reason the listeners should suffer just because he's perpetually lackadaisical, and whether or not he is up front about the laziness is irrelevant when it comes to the job he's contractually obligated to do. I'll tune in during Bears and Bulls talk occasionally, but for the sake of the real Mac fans I hope he gets his stuff together.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Any discussion on the princess and his new job as of next wednesday??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 pm 

If the numbers are okay, I don't see why they risk a change. Unless Mac 1) wants a change and 2) has enough clout to force Rosen's hand. Just thinking out loud...

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:05 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
If the numbers are okay, I don't see why they risk a change. Unless Mac 1) wants a change and 2) has enough clout to force Rosen's hand. Just thinking out loud...

It's so odd to me that Mac gets such a pass while the majority can't wait to get rid of the guy that does all the work. When he's there.

I agree in principle, but it seems the rules are different for stars.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
veganfan21 wrote:

3.) Princess Candyman blows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:11 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

3.) Princess Candyman blows.

That may be true, but it still won't matter if 1-2 are false.

2013 CSFMB ROY