It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Finfer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
What do you think of LoHo's work on the channel 5 news?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Powerhouse233 wrote:
What is your opinion of Dan Bernstein? What about him do you dislike or annoys you? Do you admire anything about him? Do you seek his respect and do you think he in fact does have respect for you?

My opinion is he is the best radio host in this city. Notice I didn't specify sports. I've been of fan of his as a listener and as a co-worker. I seek his respect as I would of anyone I admire.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:47 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
* Are we supposed to call you Finji, Finfer or Ben?

* Since I don't listen to your show, and never will, do you guys tranny with Mully and Hanley? If not, why not? Who hates who in that scenario?

* Is there any talk of Harry joining the show to make it even worse? Whether it be on a permanent or regular guest type of thing?

* Would you allow Elmhurst Steve to paint your basement?

* What is the first thought that pops into your head when you see a call from The Brand?

* Does Hawger seem like a massive suck up or is it just me?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Finfer is dominating this thread. Some of the best and most honest answers we have seen from an on air personality.

Finji, never been a fan of yours but I have mad respect for you. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:49 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
What do you think of LoHo's work on the channel 5 news?

I don't often watch local news. In fact I almost never do. But I have watched him a few times. Frankly I think he's pretty darn good at it. I'm impressed by his talent both on the radio and tv. He was the first producer I ever interned for and I've learned a lot from him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
What is your opinion of Dan Bernstein? What about him do you dislike or annoys you? Do you admire anything about him? Do you seek his respect and do you think he in fact does have respect for you?

My opinion is he is the best radio host in this city. Notice I didn't specify sports. I've been of fan of his as a listener and as a co-worker. I seek his respect as I would of anyone I admire.

Finfer is no Dummy!!!! He knows who runs the Score.

Finfer to Bernstein

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:

* Since I don't listen to your show, and never will, do you guys tranny with Mully and Hanley? If not, why not? Who hates who in that scenario?

* Is there any talk of Harry joining the show to make it even worse? Whether it be on a permanent or regular guest type of thing?

* What is the first thought that pops into your head when you see a call from The Brand?

Last one for now since I have to go and get made up for my tv appearance tonight (5:30 on Comcast). I'll answer more later.

We do not do tranny with Mully and Hanley anymore. I don't think it's because of hatred. I think it's as simple as those two guys are exhausted after waking up at 3 a.m. and then doing a 4-hour show. It takes a bigger toll than you'd realize.

No, there is no talk of Harry joining the show as a co-host. Not that I'm aware of, at least. But I'll add that Harry is a friend and one of my favorite people in this business. I hope he finds another gig soon.

I live in a apartment. So no painting necessary. But he can do my laundry if he wants.

As far as The Brand, sometimes I don't even realize he's called until I read it here on the message boards. We're often preoccupied in the producers studio. So I don't always notice specific calls.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Kudos to Ben for answering & participating. Lets not run him off the board like we did with every other Score host, although some of them are still here anonymously.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Has anyone confirmed this is the real Ben? I just get the feeling it's a Mini Ditka type mult that gets excited with each post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Has anyone confirmed this is the real Ben? I just get the feeling it's a Mini Ditka type mult that gets excited with each post.

He answered stuff on Twitter as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Finfer wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

But aren't you the least bit bothered by his weird, recent descent into advocating for authority figures who hardly need his advocacy, to say nothing of the increasingly creepy and Northian thoughts on race and ethnicity? Do you think that sports radio, as a format, has some fundamental obligation to, if not necessarily speak truth to power, at least not speak for power, and at least as a basic human courtesy not say that black athletes should be bred, or that Jewish executives and politicians should broker business deals in synagogues?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
denisdman wrote:

Biggie can confirm, but I'm 99pct certain as he answered Keeping Score on Twitter within minutes of posting here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
MxdCookie wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
MxdCookie wrote:

Good answer. Don't let these guys bother you. Some of them can be real dicks.

Well, we all cant do the fake flirting jokes... :lol:

Well, you could...who's stopping you?

Ivan, he is literally standing next to my cubicle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Ok, good to see another host wants to converse with us scum. I hope we don't drive him away too quickly. In any case, I can't think of a single thing I want to ask him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's/Dominos
Hank Scorpio wrote:
MxdCookie wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Well, we all cant do the fake flirting jokes... :lol:

Well, you could...who's stopping you?

Ivan, he is literally standing next to my cubicle.

Oh...yeah, he does that sometimes. Sorry.

You left me a message I DID NOT listen to....what was it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Keeping Score wrote:
Finfer wrote:

As far as The Brand, sometimes I don't even realize he's called until I read it here on the message boards.

Free signature for somebody.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Does it get old for everyone to have to walk on eggshells around meat like he has just started menopause? It has to wear on everyone to deal with that kind of sensitivity so often.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Why are you so bad?

Follow up question: When do you intend to quit and spare the listening audience from hearing your voice?

I've dreamt of being on sports radio since I started listening to Score 20 years ago. And I'm getting closer to achieving that. So I'm sorry that you don't like my work. But I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. You'll just have to, you know, listen to something else when I'm on. Although I hope you choose to stay.

Interesting. Finfer is saying something here. What have you been promised, Ben? Has Mac made sure that you get his show when he leaves in a year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Finji, you're a good host, but I've always felt your voice was a bit Kermit-y. Can you fix that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bucky Chris wrote:
Finfer is dominating this thread. Some of the best and most honest answers we have seen from an on air personality.

Finji, never been a fan of yours but I have mad respect for you. Well done.

Agree Chris. I hate myself (well even more than usual) for agreeing because I know I sound just like the Goff fans did when he would would post here . Although I did pm Goff myself to tell him that I thought he handled himself pretty well here. Finfer is very nimbly navigating the somewhat tortuous CSFMB waters with great aplomb. Well Done so far.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Sucking up or not, coming on here and chatting with us cretins will gain you lifelong fans. It did wonders for mac back in the day. shame he's not on as much, I think he'd get a ton more chatter here.
I know this isn't a question. So um, here's a question:

Is it ILL-ANNOY or ILLA-NOY, or ILLA-NOISE?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm 

on the same subject: is it saw-sage or saa-sage?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:38 pm 

Hey Keeping Score,
Is it OK if I direct Mr. Finfur to this thread to show him I care?

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=77711

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Now who's sucking up?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer's relationship with Mac is clearly why he's the most prominent sub at the Score. Yeah, the other Score producers might hate him for this. Finfer could care less. Ya gotta take advantage of every resource you have in this radio biz. Some producers at the Score don't realize this. Some have never had an advocate like Mac.

Hell, Mac tried to be Goff's friend. Tried to help him get going at the Score. What did Goff do when Mac extended his friendship? Goff wang-whipped Mac over and over and over and over again.. :lol: Why? Who the hell knows? I've got a few ideas as to why. I've probably shared them here. I don't remember. Bottom line is Mac eventually pulled out his wang for the ultimate whipping!!!!

Eventually Finfer is gonna have to sink or swim without Mac. But it's sure nice to have a Mac throw you through that glass ceiling. Finfer was going no where at ESPN 1000 before Mac rescued him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:53 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Nothing gets Beardown going more than a Score producer.

Or a girl chained to a furnace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Nothing gets Beardown going more than a Score producer.

Or a girl chained to a furnace.

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Finfer's relationship with Mac is clearly why he's the most prominent sub at the Score. Yeah, the other Score producers might hate him for this. Finfer could care less. Ya gotta take advantage of every resource you have in this radio biz. Some producers at the Score don't realize this. Some have never had an advocate like Mac.

Hell, Mac tried to be Goff's friend. Tried to help him get going at the Score. What did Goff do when Mac extended his friendship? Goff wang-whipped Mac over and over and over and over again.. :lol: Why? Who the hell knows? I've got a few ideas as to why. I've probably shared them here. I don't remember. Bottom line is Mac eventually pulled out his wang for the ultimate whipping!!!!

Eventually Finfer is gonna have to sink or swim without Mac. But it's sure nice to have a Mac throw you through that glass ceiling. Finfer was going no where at ESPN 1000 before Mac rescued him.

Don't you think you're reading too much into this? Finfer said he's cool with everyone, and he seems down-to-earth. Unless he hasn't been forthcoming, and I wouldn't hold it against him either if he's held back, why should we assume guys are jealous of him?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Don't you think you're reading too much into this? Finfer said he's cool with everyone, and he seems down-to-earth. Unless he hasn't been forthcoming, and I wouldn't hold it against him either if he's held back, why should we assume guys are jealous of him?

Beardown read too much into something??!

The hell you say!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Finfer wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Last one for now since I have to go and get made up for my tv appearance tonight (5:30 on Comcast). I'll answer more later.

Tuned in, holy shit Nick Friedell is white??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next