It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Finfer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac is gonna read that Finfer thinks Bernstein is better than him. He's not gonna like that. Appreciate the honesty, Finfer, but you might have hell to pay for that one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Finface,

1. Does it bother you to work for someone who cares so little about what he is doing?

2. How does Mac maintain that "I don't give a fuck" attitude wothout being stoned all thetime any more? Or has he gone back to the killer weed?

3. Is there a lot of resentment for Fatpants since he is a part timer?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Keeping Score wrote:
1. I don't believe you ever clarified your preference: Fingy, Finfer, Ben or MY GUY!! ??

2. Is is fair to the ScoreSearch winner to be put on from 1-3AM on a Sunday morning? What's your overall thoughts on ScoreSearch? Has it accomplished anything?

3. How is Steven Berger doing?

4. Who is RadioNerd?

5. Are there any Nascar guys at the Score? Would it be too much for Mitch to add an hour or two of Nascar programming on a Sunday night or something?

6. Any WWE guys over there? A 1 to 2 hour Sunday night show would be a huge success in my opinion.
A 10-12 show leading into Les after each PPV would be awesome. I know Mitch probably reads most of my posts, but let him know about this just in case.

7. Is you style more "sportsy" like Spiegs, "guysy" like Mac, "asshattery" like Bernsie, or "awesomey" like Goff?

8. What sports are more in your wheelhouse, and which ones do you feel you need to learn a lot more about?

9. Are you wondering how many more questions I can come up with?

10. Do you ever scrunch up your face and have that "oh brother" look when you see a post from that animated walking pig wearing the party hat that never seems to get anywhere in spite of the endless walking?

11. Do you like Taylor Swift?

1. Call me Benito Danger.
2. No I don't think it's fair. This is not a fair business. I do like Score Search though. Connor and Baffoe came to us from it, right? So that makes it worth it right there.
3. I don't really know Berger except for following him on Twitter. So not sure how he's doing. Ask him.
4. I've never heard of RadioNerd. Don't know who or what that is.
5. I'm sure there are Nascar fans here. I like it as well. But yes, it would be too much for Mitch to add an hour or two of Nascar programming. In my opinion most people don't want to hear any of it. Even on a Sunday night.
6. Same as answer 5.
7. I don't know what my style is. I'm just me. Does that count as a style?
8. Baseball and football are in my wheelhouse. I think I can learn more about everything though. Including those two sports.
9. No.
10. No idea what you're talking about.
11. Um yes. But not her music as much as her hotness.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Ben, do you worry at all about what Bernstein or anyone thinks of your opinion ?

Don't reflexively answer its not a shot but he seemingly has a big shadow over the station and a ton of influence

Some are definitely seeking has approval (for at least three more years)

Also, what makes Bernstein better than Mac in your uniquely informed opinion?

The more I host the less I worry about what anyone thinks of my opinion. That's something I'm learning from paying attention to Mac, Bernstein, and Boers.

Hard for me to compare Bernstein and Mac. I've worked on Mac's show for so long that I can't judge him as a listener. You guys would probably have a more informed opinion on that than I.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:30 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Finface,

1. Does it bother you to work for someone who cares so little about what he is doing?

2. How does Mac maintain that "I don't give a fuck" attitude wothout being stoned all thetime any more? Or has he gone back to the killer weed?

3. Is there a lot of resentment for Fatpants since he is a part timer?

1. If you're under the impression Mac doesn't care about what he's doing then you're wrong.
2. Maybe he's just maturing.
3. Not from me. Can't speak for the whole class.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:31 am 

Beardown wrote:
Mac is gonna read that Finfer thinks Bernstein is better than him. He's not gonna like that. Appreciate the honesty, Finfer, but you might have hell to pay for that one.

Ok

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 am 

Finfer wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
1. I don't believe you ever clarified your preference: Fingy, Finfer, Ben or MY GUY!! ??

2. Is is fair to the ScoreSearch winner to be put on from 1-3AM on a Sunday morning? What's your overall thoughts on ScoreSearch? Has it accomplished anything?

3. How is Steven Berger doing?

4. Who is RadioNerd?

5. Are there any Nascar guys at the Score? Would it be too much for Mitch to add an hour or two of Nascar programming on a Sunday night or something?

6. Any WWE guys over there? A 1 to 2 hour Sunday night show would be a huge success in my opinion.
A 10-12 show leading into Les after each PPV would be awesome. I know Mitch probably reads most of my posts, but let him know about this just in case.

7. Is you style more "sportsy" like Spiegs, "guysy" like Mac, "asshattery" like Bernsie, or "awesomey" like Goff?

8. What sports are more in your wheelhouse, and which ones do you feel you need to learn a lot more about?

9. Are you wondering how many more questions I can come up with?

10. Do you ever scrunch up your face and have that "oh brother" look when you see a post from that animated walking pig wearing the party hat that never seems to get anywhere in spite of the endless walking?

11. Do you like Taylor Swift?

1. Call me Benito Danger.
2. No I don't think it's fair. This is not a fair business. I do like Score Search though. Connor and Baffoe came to us from it, right? So that makes it worth it right there.
3. I don't really know Berger except for following him on Twitter. So not sure how he's doing. Ask him.
4. I've never heard of RadioNerd. Don't know who or what that is.
5. I'm sure there are Nascar fans here. I like it as well. But yes, it would be too much for Mitch to add an hour or two of Nascar programming. In my opinion most people don't want to hear any of it. Even on a Sunday night.
6. Same as answer 5.
7. I don't know what my style is. I'm just me. Does that count as a style?
8. Baseball and football are in my wheelhouse. I think I can learn more about everything though. Including those two sports.
9. No.
10. No idea what you're talking about.
11. Um yes. But not her music as much as her hotness.

KS, you can't get Finji to not likeme as much as you may try.

To the answer to #11 :bounce:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'll ask you the same thing at asked Mac.

Are you still friends with anybody at AM1000? Are there any that are not friends, but you are cordial with when you happen to cross paths? Any animosity between you and anybody there?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 am 

why do you post as keeping score. that guy is an idiot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
why do you post as keeping score. that guy is an idiot

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'll ask you the same thing at asked Mac.

Are you still friends with anybody at AM1000? Are there any that are not friends, but you are cordial with when you happen to cross paths? Any animosity between you and anybody there?

No animosity at all. Love those guys. Still friends with all of them. Although I obviously don't see or talk to them as much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
What do you think is more ridiculous, an American sportswriter pretending to be British, a radio host pretending to be a doctor and a lawyer, or an unemployed bum pretending to be a mascot?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am 

Do you agree with Mac that he is at his best when he doesn't give a fuck?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What do you think is more ridiculous, an American sportswriter pretending to be British, a radio host pretending to be a doctor and a lawyer, or an unemployed bum pretending to be a mascot?

:cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:35 am 

finfer- the only advice i have... if you want to own the score, if you want to beat douche burnsteen, you have to make the callers funny. its all about the retard callers. the reason people dont call like they used to has nothing to do with internet or twatter, its because producers only let the smart callers through and smart callers dont want to wait on hold so they hang up.

put the dumbasses on air, fight them and use their disadvantage to make you look smarter. nobody gives a fuck about the hosts, they just want to hear idiots being shot down. thats why people listen to bornstill, because you never know when hes going to flip out on a dumbass caller. everything else he says is dumb as shit. its when he gets a dumb caller on the air is when people stop working and listen.

play the stupid caller game. you would be good at it. dont worry about the callers hating you, because they are dumb and only 1% of your listeners. we need to get bernstien fired or put to the 2am slot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Finfer, you gained a lot of respect from me for your efforts here. It was something I always admired about Mac. Many kudos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Don't know if that means he's at his best. But it means life is easier for me. And really it's all about me, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:18 pm 

Finfer wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Don't know if that means he's at his best. But it means life is easier for me. And really it's all about me, right?

Don't say that too loud. Mac will hear you. Its all about him, not you.

Tell us your true feelings about parody songs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Gloop- 2,800+ posts of Mac hate. That is one fine obsession you have. Instead of baiting Finfer, why don't you find some professional help?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm 

Its not like I asked him how Mac's ass tastes or anything like that.

Bunch of guys here already know

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Interesting read. Lots of questions from haters and Finji still answers them, candidly at that.

I've always enjoyed Finfer on the radio, especially when he has a random big block of solo time on the weekend when I'd be driving to Indianapolis or something. Keep up the good work. Definitely one of the good guys in the business.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

What's he been giving a fuck about so much the past couple of years?

... just a joke, relax ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:03 pm 

How many more "you know what's" is it going to take before you finally flip out and stab Mac to death with a pair of scissors?

Or is his poor attendance planned, so as to alleviate "you know what" fatigue from co-workers?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:24 am 

Question still stands about the parody songs.

also is there a lot of resentment from the fact that the boys in the boyquarium work 20 times harder for 1/20th of the money?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ben:

List the Star Wars films in your order, best to worst.

In your opinion, how fucked is the state of Illinois, no matter who the next governor is?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Ben:

List the Star Wars films in your order, best to worst.

In your opinion, how fucked is the state of Illinois, no matter who the next governor is?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Jedi-Empire-Hope-Sith-Menace-Clones. And don't try to convince me Clones is better than Menace. Both were bad, but the only thing worse than Lucas' attempt at writing a love story is Hayden Christensen.

I think we're pretty badly fucked no matter who the next five governors are. But at least we'll have a jumbotron at Wrigley Field.

African or European? If that was a test it was too easy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

also is there a lot of resentment from the fact that the boys in the boyquarium work 20 times harder for 1/20th of the money?

I don't remember specifically what you asked about parody songs and I don't feel like checking. I assume you were wondering if I like the parody songs. My answer is I like some and not others. We don't do as many as it seems though. And you should hear how many other ones are never produced. Consider yourselves lucky.

I'm not sure your math is exactly correct on how much harder we work than hosts. But I get your point. Again, I can only speak for myself on this one. I don't feel resentment. Envy, jealousy, admiration...sure. But not resentment. I knew the business I was getting into. Hosts make more than producers. The good hosts make way more than producers. And everyone makes more than interns.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I don't remember specifically what you asked about parody songs and I don't feel like checking. I assume you were wondering if I like the parody songs. My answer is I like some and not others. We don't do as many as it seems though. And you should hear how many other ones are never produced. Consider yourselves lucky.

I'm not sure your math is exactly correct on how much harder we work than hosts. But I get your point. Again, I can only speak for myself on this one. I don't feel resentment. Envy, jealousy, admiration...sure. But not resentment. I knew the business I was getting into. Hosts make more than producers. The good hosts make way more than producers. And everyone makes more than interns.

Well...how much do you make? And don't give me the "None of your business" reply. :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 am 

Beardown wrote:
Well...how much do you make? And don't give me the "None of your business" reply. :P

I make less than you. Probably.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:02 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Ben,

1. Any chance you can ask/prod/encourage Meat to do an Ask Spiegel segment?
2. Any talk at the station as to what contributed to the jarring, full two point drop in the ratings for the B&B show?
3. One by one, what is the preference of Mac, Spiegs, you as far as being on middays vs. afternoon drive? Any talk of a switch happening with y'all and B&B?
4. Though you've been candid, isn't there someone, ANYONE, that you don't like at WSCR or WMVP?
5. Does Mac have a special smoking room at the station that nobody talks about? What floor of the building are you guys on?
6. Who do you think would win in a fight between Les and Adam?
7. Which do you prefer: Peoria Matt's emails or Elmhurst/Lakewood Steve's calls?
8. Did you ever have a friend call you "Benfer" thinking it was funny, but in actuality after you heard it you wanted to kick the living shit out of them?

1. I'll mention it to him. But do we really need to hear more from Spiegel?
2. Nope. It's not really that jarring either. Ranking is more important than rating number. And they're still one of the most listened shows among men. Every week.
3. You know Mac prefers afternoons. He's been very clear on that. Though I think he likes our time slot more now than he used to. Not sure how Spiegs feels. I'm fine with the midday shift. Either way...there aren't going to be any changes to the lineup anytime soon.
4. I've liked most of the people I've worked with. Some more than others. Of course there have been people I haven't liked. But not enough to rip them publicly on here.
5. We're on the 12th floor. Mac has no smoking lounge that I'm aware of. He just goes downstairs for a few puffs. And usually gets back about 30 seconds before we come back from break.
6. Not sure who would win that fight. But I'd love to watch it from afar because I'd be afraid to get Les' blood on me.
7. Peoria Matt texts. He should receive writing credits for our show. I mean he won't, of course. But he should.
8. I'm not a violent man. But yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next