It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Finfer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I must be the only person left here who still likes Spiegel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

Peoria Matt and myself do as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

I still like Speigel.

He just needs to chill.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:34 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

I still like Speigel.

He just needs to chill.

He is a giant vagina. I wouldn't count on it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:03 am 

I'm in the Spiegal army as well.

The hate is typical group think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:25 am 

I hated the princess long before there was a group.

The station could do so much better than this. Its a shame some of you do not demand excellence from your on air "talent".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't mind Spiegel as an on air host at all. I find his hypersensitive, thin-skinned personality hilarious. I do have my shake my head moments, but I'll take Spiegel over Leery any fucking day of the week.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:07 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
I don't mind Spiegel as an on air host at all. I find his hypersensitive, thin-skinned personality hilarious. I do have my shake my head moments, but I'll take Spiegel over Leery any fucking day of the week.

Fuckin' A right.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You're not.

I still like Speigel.

He just needs to chill.

He is a giant vagina. I wouldn't count on it.

A super giant vagina with sand in it.

Fin, what did fatpants have for lunch today?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Finfer,

What is the closest you have been to Spiegel when he cut the cheese?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm 

Did Matt calling you out when you first claimed to have read about Chris Davis' new hitting approach....and then later admitted you hadn't, bother you much? Or did his next calling you (& I'm paraphrasing here) lazy and dishonest in your approach to doing sports radio give you a moment of pause?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Fin, did you want to smack the shit out of Speegz in the last 20 minutes of the show today cause it sounded like it and I did too for what it's worth.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Fin, did you want to smack the shit out of Speegz in the last 20 minutes of the show today cause it sounded like it and I did too for what it's worth.

Why would you? Meatpants was right. It was one thing to not read up on a fairly common baseball discussion, but yet another to lie, and then admit you basically lied about it. It WAS dishonest and lazy, even moreso than when McNeil caught a bit of hell for not even knowing who in the hell John Wall was. (Right around March Madness run up time IIRC)

Mac at least owned up to it. (and never lied about that)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 pm 

You can not bring up the John Wall thing without also bringing up the fact that Candyman had no idea that Shark was a WR for Notre Dame. You have to going completely out of the way to not know that. How the hell can you not know that???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
This thread has a taken a sickening turn. This is the guy who fucking did no research before their interview with USA hockey hero Jack O'Callahan. He asked O'Callahan how does it feel to have peaked in life after the '80 Olympics. Except, the guy played in the NHL and formed his own financial services company. Or the time he called Matty a "part-timer" in front of his family b/c he was getting his balls busted a bit? Or undressing an intern b/c he didn't get chunky butt's order correct? He's been worse than a menopausal woman about his stupid ass losing the Marsh Peg and then blaming Finfer. I bet FInfer or an intern put it in a hot dog bun and the fat fuck ate it. For 6 months he bitched about a show pot b/c prissy pants didn't like the Heat. There's so much more but I don't feel like writing a novel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
This thread has a taken a sickening turn. This is the guy who fucking did no research before their interview with USA hockey hero Jack O'Callahan. He asked O'Callahan how does it feel to have peaked in life after the '80 Olympics. Except, the guy played in the NHL and formed his own financial services company. Or the time he called Matty a "part-timer" in front of his family b/c he was getting his balls busted a bit? Or undressing an intern b/c he didn't get chunky butt's order correct? He's been worse than a menopausal woman about his stupid ass losing the Marsh Peg and then blaming Finfer. I bet FInfer or an intern put it in a hot dog bun and the fat fuck ate it. For 6 months he bitched about a show pot b/c prissy pants didn't like the Heat. There's so much more but I don't feel like writing a novel.

All of the above did piss me off big time. I know he's a whiny, pissy, menopausal little bitch. But I stand by my claim that I can tolerate him, and he is miles, and miles ahead of Leery when it comes to my contempt.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

But I don't mind Matt. This is the "Ask Finfer" thread.

I simply asked about a lie he stupidly told to advance his own argument, then admitted was a lie not 60 seconds later (give or take 10 seconds). It was a segment which illustrated my continuing problems with the back benchers at the Score who don't really know much about sports, nor have much perspective in defense of their assertions.

Yes, Speigel appears to be thin skinned (just like Drinky & many in the radio biz); he doesn't know great O'Callahan's life is; finds talking about the Heat dull & the prospect of gambling on (& by extension cheering for) the Heat; abuses interns and flies off the handle about something called a Marsh Peg (whatever in the hell that is). Hell, if he forgot Szmardja was an Irish WR, that's pretty funny, but that's not execution worthy imo.

OK, given that we're talking radio "personalities", I kind of expect nothing less and am every so often entertained by train wreck, uncomfortable radio. And I believe he's far, far better than the benchwarmers and a few starters at the Score. But maybe that's just me. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Regular Reader wrote:
Did Matt calling you out when you first claimed to have read about Chris Davis' new hitting approach....and then later admitted you hadn't, bother you much? Or did his next calling you (& I'm paraphrasing here) lazy and dishonest in your approach to doing sports radio give you a moment of pause?

I don't mind being called out. I'm not sure why I said I had read it. Anything I say is fair game to be shoved back in my face. Although I will admit that if I ever called out Spiegel like that he'd be pissed. And there would be plenty of opportunities for me to do it.

The "lazy" thing is annoying. Only because it's Spiegel's go-to when he gets into an argument. When you hear him call someone "lazy" it means he knows he's lost an argument.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Finfer wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't mind being called out. I'm not sure why I said I had read it. Anything I say is fair game to be shoved back in my face. Although I will admit that if I ever called out Spiegel like that he'd be pissed. And there would be plenty of opportunities for me to do it.

The "lazy" thing is annoying. Only because it's Spiegel's go-to when he gets into an argument. When you hear him call someone "lazy" it means he knows he's lost an argument.

Do you think Spiegel is lazy, in general?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:45 pm 

Finfer wrote:
Although I will admit that if I ever called out Spiegel like that he'd be pissed. And there would be plenty of opportunities for me to do it.

you sir, just moved up on my list. Nice work.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No doubt. This is by far the most candid I've read anyone at the score who posts here has been.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer wrote:

This post is 10 different kinds of awesome!!!!!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Finfer wrote:

Beardown has to be cleaning his keyboard after reading this, which is why he hasn't posted yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's/Dominos
Finfer wrote:

:salut:

You left me a message I DID NOT listen to....what was it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Finfer wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Honest responses are so refreshing.

Thank you Finji for being so candid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Finfer wrote:

This post is 10 different kinds of awesome!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The over / under line on calories in Fatpants lunch is 2200 calories. Which way should I bet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 am 

I have to say, this thread has done wonders for Finfer professionally.

Responding on this site has had a similar effect for just about anyone who hasn't bitched out in the middle of their thread. I wonder why more don't make the effort?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next