It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abbatacola
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:09 pm 

So I met him at a remote. He seems like a nice guy. He was giving a little talk to some people when I walked in. I thought it was funny who he was making his job almost sound hard. Basically he justs answers the phone and decides whether or not he should put you on the air. Not a whole of difficulty there.

So anyways, has anyone else here met Abbatacola? I heard he's one of the few who posts here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:17 pm 

Met him almost 2 weeks ago at MNF remote at Buffalo Wild Winds along with some ex-producer. They also had a cute little blond promotions gal with them but she looked bored out of her mind. But Matty seemed to take it seriously & he was trying hard to entertain the disinterested crowd. Hey for $300 bux for 3 hours I'd try to! Bottom line: he was very nice but the girl wouldn't talk to me. Ouch.

Post subject: Re: Abbatacola
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I guess you have been doing this since the beginning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Toenails
Fingernails
Nine Inch Nails

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 pm 

spmack wrote:

I don't understand why these are getting bumped now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:06 pm 

It must be fantastic to be a decent looking guy in radio...tons of hot interns looking for any foot in the door and who will be gone in six months only to be replaced with next year's model...nothing but poorly dressed, badly manicured guys who look like they should be living under a bridge in a fairy tale as your competition...free food and drink in the office and just about every Friday on the road...sir as your mentor

Producing is supposed to be a full time job but these guys basically only work for 4 hours. Imagine the increase in quality of programming if Mitch told them they had to put in 4 more hours each day. I'm surprised no hard driven young person comes in and absolutely owns production at the station. He'd probably be able to name his price in salary as well...but then again, how many hard driven people go into radio production.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
good dolphin wrote:
Producing is supposed to be a full time job but these guys basically only work for 4 hours. Imagine the increase in quality of programming if Mitch told them they had to put in 4 more hours each day. I'm surprised no hard driven young person comes in and absolutely owns production at the station. He'd probably be able to name his price in salary as well...but then again, how many hard driven people go into radio production.

Sort of got this vibe from Tannehill when he took over for Goff and started doing production pieces left, right, up, and down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sort of got this vibe from Tannehill when he took over for Goff and started doing production pieces left, right, up, and down.

This. I also agree producers should work more. Seems my feeling on this is that Mac's producers are working harder either before the show or after for the next day for guests, bits, lead in etc. than B&B's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think they all become producers initially cuz it's fun, easy and kind of a cool job. Sure, it's no money but they don't care when they're in their 20s. They're wide eyed kids that are just thinking about drinking and trying to bang bitches. Next thing you know they're in their 30s and start to get scared. Their wives and/or girlfriends start wanting them to make more money. They beg Mitch for on air roles. He gives it to them to keep them around and they're cheap programming. They all think they're next in line. But talk show host gigs are rare and fuckin' Terry Boers won't die. Quite honeslty, Mitch and Zim will never give one to a producer. Certainly not this current crop.

I think Drinky will still be Bernstein's producer when he's 60. Drinky will be the same at 60 as he was and 30 and is now at 40. Punk ass, cocky, poor speaking, ignorant bitch telling bad jokes and trying to get under Bernstein's skin like a kid trying to annoy daddy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Mini Ditka wrote:
spmack wrote:

Jesus owns your posts.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:
spmack wrote:

Jesus owns your posts.

Nicely played! :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!