It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This show is a joke
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 am 

Ok, so now we get Leery solo? LOL. Jesus Christ, Score.

If you're going to negotiate contracts which allow your "show" to only loosely even be a show at all, what's the fucking point? I think, at minimum, your contract needs to stipulate your hosts host, say, fucking 80% of the time. What's Mac work? Like 70% of possible work days? Less? Spiegs doesn't miss that many fewer.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject: Re: This show is a joke
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
MattInTheCrown wrote:

If you're going to negotiate contracts which allow your "show" to only loosely even be a show at all, what's the fucking point? I think, at minimum, your contract needs to stipulate your hosts host, say, fucking 80% of the time. What's Mac work? Like 70% of possible work days? Less? Spiegs doesn't miss that many fewer.

Who is the princess candyman becoming tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Who is the princess candyman becoming tonight?

Robert Allen Zimmerman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Why can't you just post in the official thread?

Just joking, I'm beginning to see the light concerning this line of thinking. What the hell is going on? I understand you get these days off in your contract but for fucks sake how can you actually do a show and develop it when none of the main hosts aver show up?

I like Mac, I like Meat but after 3+ years they still don't seem to be completely in-sync and comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Doug and I wrote:
Meh.....

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
I'm sure B&B get similar vacation time but it doesn't seem like they are gone nearly as often.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I wonder if Bob Dylan ever though he would be impersonated and covered by grimmace.

At least I can listen the rest of the week now that he needs 2 days off to rest his voice and his giant vagina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I'm sure B&B get similar vacation time but it doesn't seem like they are gone nearly as often.

Dan either doesn't get the vacation time others do, or he just doesn't take it. He can't miss more than 20 days a year.

That was a good thing before he got into neoliberalism and eugenics, mind you.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I think they try to have 1 or the other in at all times except for major holidays. They also seem to actually plan their time off around the important times of the year sporting wise. Mac and the Princess just take off whenever the hell they want with zero regard to the sports landscape or show cohesiveness.... and half the time they are both gone on the same day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
FYI, the Bears are playing Kearolina on Friday.

Everyone in that McDonald's commercial saying "AAAAAHHHHHHH" needs to have something awful happen to them. Like seeing Margaret Cho perform or watching every episode of Whitney.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Could be a product of Mac talking a bout his upcoming vacations a lot. Dont hear a lot of that from Terry and Dan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Tad Queasy wrote:

Everyone in that McDonald's commercial saying "AAAAAHHHHHHH" needs to have something awful happen to them. Like seeing Margaret Cho perform or watching every episode of Whitney.

There are a lot of peerants out there who should be tuning in to hear Leary's scary football story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Dan either doesn't get the vacation time others do, or he just doesn't take it. He can't miss more than 20 days a year.

Say what you will about Bernstein, but he's at least professional when it comes to actually showing up. He seems to care about his job and is willing to do more than the bare minimum, unlike Teary, Mac, or Spiegs.

Rosen must be a shit negotiator, because honestly, it shouldn't be a rare thing for one of your hosts to not be obviously openly hostile to the very idea of even performing his job at a minimal level.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

I'd like to lock the people responsible for that one and the Kars for Kids people in a conversion van, and push that van into a giant fire.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I'd like to lock the people responsible for that one and the Kars for Kids people in a conversion van, and push that van into a giant fire.

I can't think of one person that would disagree with this and say that they don't mind that spot. The "heavy/rock" version is even worse.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:02 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Say what you will about Bernstein, but he's at least professional when it comes to actually showing up. He seems to care about his job and is willing to do more than the bare minimum, unlike Teary, Mac, or Spiegs.

Rosen must be a shit negotiator, because honestly, it shouldn't be a rare thing for one of your hosts to not be obviously openly hostile to the very idea of even performing his job at a minimal level.

I would love to have seen the negotiations with the candyman. It should have been "you are lucky to have a job. You get 3 weeks vacation and it needs to be cleared 2 weeks in advance. Do you music thing on the weekends instead of the middle of the damn week. Take it or go fuck yourself". Instead he pretty much lets everyone dictate their own terms regardless of how little clout they should have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 am 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I can't think of one person that would disagree with this and say that they don't mind that spot. The "heavy/rock" version is even worse.

BigFan doesn't mind it. He would tell you how difficult it is to put together a radio commercial.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I would love to have seen the negotiations with the candyman. It should have been "you are lucky to have a job. You get 3 weeks vacation and it needs to be cleared 2 weeks in advance. Do you music thing on the weekends instead of the middle of the damn week. Take it or go fuck yourself". Instead he pretty much lets everyone dictate their own terms regardless of how little clout they should have.

More like "we don't care if you are here or not. We'll pay you what we would have to pay the state for unemplyment if we canned you. Don't let the door hit that big fat ass on the way out."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Three weeks? I wouldn't give Mac 2, much less Spiegs 3. Compared to Rosen, Jim Hendry was a great negotiator. None of these guys could get half their salary or benefits anywhere else. Rosen's negotiating against himself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Shoe's
redskingreg wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

There are a lot of peerants out there who should be tuning in to hear Leary's scary football story.

This is a lot of skeeery statistics about the injuries in yout sports.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:29 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Three weeks? I wouldn't give Mac 2, much less Spiegs 3. Compared to Rosen, Jim Hendry was a great negotiator. None of these guys could get half their salary or benefits anywhere else. Rosen's negotiating against himself.

What do they get now? It honestly has to be 8-10 weeks. It seems like they are out 5 days per month on average and that isn't counting their week long vacations.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am 

Dan's mearied. Teary's mearied.

My dating life is just fine.

LoHo, you owe me a tea. I spit mine out when I heard that. Please tell us which other celebrity women will "get it."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am 

Lawd help me I never fail to chortle at posts mocking Leery's speech impediment.It makes him so much more annoying than he is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:

LoHo, you owe me a tea. I spit mine out when I heard that. Please tell us which other celebrity women will "get it."

:lol: He said it 6 or 7 times in a row, too.

I think he missed the point of that guy's email. The emailer said he'd never get mearried because he's too narcissistic and Leery apparently took that to mean he'd never get mearried because he's a radio host. The number of mearried hosts at the station doesn't matter, it's Leery's laundry list of crippling emotional issues that's the problem.

As usual, he does a good show so long as he doesn't talk about his personal life. Once that happens it all goes downhill very quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Yeah, it is getting old. Maybe Mac can just host Bears post game with Doug and OB and they can find a permanent host for this time slot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 am 

Wow, that's a quite an email to choose to read.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Wow, it seems my computer must have screwed up the submission for my prior post, huh, strange.

Anyways, Matt, this is a great thread. If you could put the OFFICIAL stamp next the thread title, that would be great.

I think we can all agree that the vacation time is crazy and that the pace/timing of the vacation time is nuts and it leads to a lack of consistency and quality for the show. 3 or so years in it still feels like, a lot of the time, the 2 hosts are in the "feel each other out" stage and that leads to crap radio. I know it's in the contract so what the fuck is Mitch ,or whoever, thinking with these contracts?

Meat doing shows in the middle of the week and can't come in to work on a FRIDAY? When Bears camp is going down?

It feels like it's Mac and Meat 60% of the time with the rest of the 40% split between Mac/Fill-In, Meat/Fill-In, Solo Larry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

:lol: He said it 6 or 7 times in a row, too.

I think he missed the point of that guy's email. The emailer said he'd never get mearried because he's too narcissistic and Leery apparently took that to mean he'd never get mearried because he's a radio host. The number of mearried hosts at the station doesn't matter, it's Leery's laundry list of crippling emotional issues that's the problem.

As usual, he does a good show so long as he doesn't talk about his personal life. Once that happens it all goes downhill very quickly.

Man, that shit killed me. I'm glad everyone else heard it too. "Teery's mearried!" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
There's simply no end to the entertainment value of the proles that get all bent out of shape because of someone else's employment arrangements. :roll: