It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
To have Mac back on Monday? I am anxiously awaiting his return, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Gayest thread ever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This is only tangentially related but today while I was doing my job as an incredibly successful man, a guy here also came back to work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:56 pm 

Mac is by far the best sports talk radio host in the city, nothing wrong with appreciating the work he does and recognizing it. As the saying goes "you never know what you've got, till it's gone". I think a lot of people will feel this way, when Mac decides to retire from sports radio.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Mac is by far the best sports talk radio host in the city, nothing wrong with appreciating the work he does and recognizing it. As the saying goes "you never know what you've got, till it's gone". I think a lot of people will feel this way, when Mac decides to retire from sports radio.

When you break it down, what work does he actually do? Doesn't talk alot of basketball,baseball. Has a co-host that he hand picked. Doesn't stick to an all sports format, so he basically can talk about whatever to cover a lack of sport content.

I don't see how you can call him "by far the best sports talk radio host in the city" when half the time he is talking about BBQ or the Stones or complaining about some stupid crap.

Bernstein is the best sports radio host in the city by far. Don't hate on him because he didn't have you paint his house or blow you after you called his show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I like Mac but I've lost my connection to him as a host.

Doing middays, for me, is a difficult shift. At best I can catch a minute or two when I'm not in the middle of something.

Drive-time shifts give a listener pretty much uninterrupted 45-60 minute stretches to connect with a host's viewpoint and what they are doing from day-to-day.

If Mac was doing drive-time, I'd be much more invested in his show. To me, he's in Dark Territory during the midday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I like Mac but I've lost my connection to him as a host.

Doing middays, for me, is a difficult shift. At best I can catch a minute or two when I'm not in the middle of something.

Drive-time shifts give a listener pretty much uninterrupted 45-60 minute stretches to connect with a host's viewpoint and what they are doing from day-to-day.

If Mac was doing drive-time, I'd be much more invested in his show. To me, he's in Dark Territory during the midday.

Racist.

Seriously, Mac deserves a better slot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Silvy is the best host in the city.

Mac is second.

Bernstein is third.

Finfer is fourth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:05 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Silvy is the best host in the city.

Mac is second.

Bernstein is third.

Finfer is fourth.

This list is bad.

1. Mac
2. Silvy
3. Jurko
4. Hood
5. Carm
6. Finji
7. Leery
8. Teery
9. Candyman
X. Bernsie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
leashyourkids wrote:
Gayest thread ever.

Nailed it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:28 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Gayest thread ever.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:55 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
This list is bad.

1. Mac
2. Silvy
3. Jurko
4. Hood
5. Carm
6. Finji
7. Leery
8. Teery
9. Candyman
X. Bernsie

It sure is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 pm 

steve loves sucking horse cock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
mac isn't a sports talker between early February and September.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm 

Darkside wrote:
mac isn't a sports talker between early February and September.

.............that's a long time to not talk sports if your job is a sports talk radio host. But, he isn't even in studio for most of that time anyways so what the fuck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:01 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

When you break it down, what work does he actually do? Doesn't talk alot of basketball,baseball. Has a co-host that he hand picked. Doesn't stick to an all sports format, so he basically can talk about whatever to cover a lack of sport content.

I don't see how you can call him "by far the best sports talk radio host in the city" when half the time he is talking about BBQ or the Stones or complaining about some stupid crap.

Bernstein is the best sports radio host in the city by far. Don't hate on him because he didn't have you paint his house or blow you after you called his show.

Welcome aboard, my friend.

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=79414&p=1734683#p1734683

Thanks KS, but I would rather be in Taylor Swift Image (thread).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Steve, I swear to God if you are someone's fucking mult and been fucking trolling sports radio for the last couple years, you and your other aliases need to be banned for life from here. Almost every thread you start is just awful. You bring virtually nothing new to any discussion. I've fucking had it. The board actually indeed was better years ago. It started getting worse the day you registered here. Please stop. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:21 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Steve, I swear to God if you are someone's fucking mult and been fucking trolling sports radio for the last couple years, you and your other aliases need to be banned for life from here. Almost every thread you start is just awful. You bring virtually nothing new to any discussion. I've fucking had it. The board actually indeed was better years ago. It started getting worse the day you registered here. Please stop. :evil:

Mac has been off for a couple weeks and you think a thread about his return is awful? Go kill yourself...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:23 pm 

Pretty odd that someone who is jizzing his panties about meeting silvy at a fantasy football convention is also creaming over Mac's hard to notice return.
But when you're a mic sniffing sycophant with low self esteem I suppose anything is possible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Pretty odd that someone who is jizzing his panties about meeting silvy at a fantasy football convention is also creaming over Mac's hard to notice return.
But when you're a mic sniffing sycophant with low self esteem I suppose anything is possible.

When did I say I was all excited about "meeting Silvy" at the Convention/Championship? I have seen Silvy many times and look forward to saying hello, but that's about the extent of it. I think Silvy is the 2nd best Sports-talk radio host in town and I enjoy listening to that show once Mac's show goes off at 1pm. Having Silvy in the afternoons beginning at 2pm works out great. I listen to Mac 9-1, then Carmen and Jurko 1-2, followed by Silvy and Waddle. Good deal all around.

But the use of sycophant in your post was special. That's a big word for you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:20 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
When did I say I was all excited about "meeting Silvy" at the Convention/Championship? I have seen Silvy many times and look forward to saying hello, but that's about the extent of it. I think Silvy is the 2nd best Sports-talk radio host in town and I enjoy listening to that show once Mac's show goes off at 1pm. Having Silvy in the afternoons beginning at 2pm works out great. I listen to Mac 9-1, then Carmen and Jurko 1-2, followed by Silvy and Waddle. Good deal all around.

Steve, you are the last person on this board who should be insulting my intelligence. I'm pretty sure I got you beat by triple digits in the IQ number Mmmkay? Alrighty! Now that we got that settled... where did you say you were all excited about meeting Silvy? Why, right here in the thread "2 weeks from today!!!" (note the triple exclaimation points! That's usually a clear sign of excitement).
Quote:
August 24th, you can see Silvy and Waddle, along with Carmen and Jurko, Coach Ditka, John Clayton and Stephania Bell, all at ESPN's Fantasy Football Convention and Championship!!!

Yeah, I just do not understand why anyone would think you're overstimulated at the prospect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I wouldn't mind shaking hands and getting a pic with Coach Ditka. He was great in that Will Ferrell kids soccer movie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:29 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I wouldn't mind shaking hands and getting a pic with Coach Ditka. He was great in that Will Ferrell kids soccer movie.

I can see that being a little exciting. But see, Steve said "Silvy and Waddle along with..." implying that the real gem was silvy as no one likes waddle except maybe for mrs. waddle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's my take on Mac. In my opinion, Mac is the closest thing we have to the Loop of the 80's. You had Brandmeier, Kevin Matthews, and Dahl & Meier basically sidling up to a mic and talking about themselves and their lives everyday. That's what I grew up with, and I loved the fuck out of it. Dan McNeil worked for Chet at the Loop and took all of this in. When he got his crack at a show, I believe he brought a lot of that mentality to the table. He was paired with a coherent Terry Boers, who took a lot of his act from Letterman. Boom! The Heavy Fuel Crew. And people loved it.

Jump to 2013. Terry is in his 60's and really doesn't give a shit anymore. He's worked his whole life, and knows he's on the back 9 of life. Therefore he doesn't do a whole helluva lot. He defers to Dan. Mac is now 50. He knows he isn't long for the radio world in the grand scheme of things. Therefore, he's doing what the fuck he wants on his own terms. I believe he's earned that right. I think he chose Spiegel based on what he knew of his past work, and that he would be willing to do the heavy lifting. What he didn't realize was that Spiegel was an incredibly immature, pompous, arrogant, thin skinned, whiny, petulant Caller Bob. So we have Mac's first miscue in radio as he clearly picked the wrong person for the job. Mac isn't going to publicly admit this, but I bet if you got him alone with the wooden therapy box he might cop to the poor decision. So know he's hitched his wagon to Spiegel, and through the loyalty he obtained through his years at the Loop, he won't cut bait.

I totally get why people don't like Mac. He isn't Mr Sportstalk, he's set in his ways, and he has no intention of changing his ways. That's gonna piss sports fans off. The problem is, with Rosen in charge, you've got an "it is what it is situation" and that's not gonna change. So things will continue to stay the same, and people will continue to bitch. Personally I don't care. I like Mac, and I like this board. So it's all good for me!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:49 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Here's my take on Mac. In my opinion, Mac is the closest thing we have to the Loop of the 80's. You had Brandmeier, Kevin Matthews, and Dahl & Meier basically sidling up to a mic and talking about themselves and their lives everyday. That's what I grew up with, and I loved the fuck out of it. Dan McNeil worked for Chet at the Loop and took all of this in. When he got his crack at a show, I believe he brought a lot of that mentality to the table. He was paired with a coherent Terry Boers, who took a lot of his act from Letterman. Boom! The Heavy Fuel Crew. And people loved it.

Jump to 2013. Terry is in his 60's and really doesn't give a shit anymore. He's worked his whole life, and knows he's on the back 9 of life. Therefore he doesn't do a whole helluva lot. He defers to Dan. Mac is now 50. He knows he isn't long for the radio world in the grand scheme of things. Therefore, he's doing what the fuck he wants on his own terms. I believe he's earned that right. I think he chose Spiegel based on what he knew of his past work, and that he would be willing to do the heavy lifting. What he didn't realize was that Spiegel was an incredibly immature, pompous, arrogant, thin skinned, whiny, petulant Caller Bob. So we have Mac's first miscue in radio as he clearly picked the wrong person for the job. Mac isn't going to publicly admit this, but I bet if you got him alone with the wooden therapy box he might cop to the poor decision. So know he's hitched his wagon to Spiegel, and through the loyalty he obtained through his years at the Loop, he won't cut bait.

I totally get why people don't like Mac. He isn't Mr Sportstalk, he's set in his ways, and he has no intention of changing his ways. That's gonna piss sports fans off. The problem is, with Rosen in charge, you've got an "it is what it is situation" and that's not gonna change. So things will continue to stay the same, and people will continue to bitch. Personally I don't care. I like Mac, and I like this board. So it's all good for me!

That's a nice way of putting things

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:11 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Steve, you are the last person on this board who should be insulting my intelligence. I'm pretty sure I got you beat by triple digits in the IQ number Mmmkay? Alrighty! Now that we got that settled... where did you say you were all excited about meeting Silvy? Why, right here in the thread "2 weeks from today!!!" (note the triple exclaimation points! That's usually a clear sign of excitement).
Quote:
August 24th, you can see Silvy and Waddle, along with Carmen and Jurko, Coach Ditka, John Clayton and Stephania Bell, all at ESPN's Fantasy Football Convention and Championship!!!

Yeah, I just do not understand why anyone would think you're overstimulated at the prospect.

I said nowhere anything about being excited about seeing Silvy. The excitement was about the ESPN Fantasy Football Convention and Championships. I will certainly say hello to Silvy amongst others, but it's all about the Convention. Fun stuff. I don't understand why The Score has not followed suit and put together a Fantasy Football event as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:15 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I said nowhere anything about being excited about seeing Silvy. The excitement was about the ESPN Fantasy Football Convention and Championships. I will certainly say hello to Silvy amongst others, but it's all about the Convention. Fun stuff. I don't understand why The Score has not followed suit and put together a Fantasy Football event as well.

What kind of grown man gets that excited about Fantasy Football conventions?
I'm calling bullshit. if it was about the convention rather than the men whose balls you want to lick, why wouldn't this be in the Fantasy forum?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not a regular listener to this show, but part of the reason is that Mac seems to be out more than he's in. Great vacation schedule if you can get it. There must be great ratings when he's there, else I don't see the benefit to the station to having somebody be out more than they are in pretty consistently.