It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: He's no princess
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670 17h

About to get a pedicure. Judge away. That thing feels good as hell, and is a healthy reward for a stressful week.

Post subject: Re: He's no princess
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
:lol: @ the stressful week portion. Especially if he was talking about last week when he didn't even work
all 5 days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Buster is awesome!!

My condolences to you and the rest of the peeps at the station for the 3 year renewal of princess candyman.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Holy shit! Buy a fucking glass of self awareness with your new contract money! :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 am 

Healthy reward?? The fuck is that supposed to mean? Mocking all those that may have crushed some cold brews after a hard week??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:51 am 

Buster wrote:

About to get a pedicure. Judge away. That thing feels good as hell, and is a healthy reward for a stressful week.

Think about explaining this whole thing, a "man" broadcasting to the world that he's getting his nails done.... to like John Wayne or something

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Buster wrote:

Think about explaining this whole thing, a "man" broadcasting to the world that he's getting his nails done.... to like John Wayne or something

Kind of like telling the world your kid ate a handfull of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Healthy reward?? The fuck is that supposed to mean? Mocking all those that may have crushed some cold brews after a hard week??

I guess when you're morbidly obese, doing anything other than shoving a ham stuffed with butterfingers down your gullet is "healthy."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Someone referred to him as just "Pants" on Twitter last night, which got a chuckle out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
spmack wrote:
Someone referred to him as just "Pants" on Twitter last night, which got a chuckle out of me.

That's awesome. For sure referring to him as that moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 am 

I'm his staunchest of supporters but that guy is soft.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:18 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

I guess when you're morbidly obese, doing anything other than shoving a ham stuffed with butterfingers down your gullet is "healthy."

:lol:

Spiegs brings out the fucking hate in people

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 am 

He must have thrown a shit fit on friday and ordered a code red on Finfer for posting here. He hasn't been around in days it seems. He can feel free to keep posting as Buster though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It's socially acceptable because he's hwite.

You'd never hear anyone break bad on Hood or Goff.

Fuckin racists.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It's socially acceptable because he's hwite.

You'd never hear anyone break bad on Hood or Goff.

Fuckin racists.

White?

I thought he was jewish?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Buster wrote:

I don't really think people these days care that men get pedicures. But announcing it on Twitter is very much a "Hey! Hey! Look at me!!" thing. You know he's just so contrarian and deep...

Also I understand his wife was out of town for a vacation. So he went solo with his year and change kid. But Thursday was his Tributo day off and Friday he had a short show b/c of White Sox.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Reuben Speigel @ Candybabyimtherealmanofthehouse_670 Sorry my Dad comes off as such a raging pusswipe. One day when I get old enough to talk, I'll tell be sure to tell him that. Keep up the good work here guys, I may not be able to talk,but I sure as hell can listen as Pop rants and raves about a board he claims not to read. Regards,
Reuben

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Reuben Speigel @ Candybabyimtherealmanofthehouse_670 Sorry my Dad comes off as such a raging pusswipe. One day when I get old enough to talk, I'll tell be sure to tell him that. Keep up the good work here guys, I may not be able to talk,but I sure as hell can listen as Pop rants and raves about a board he claims not to read. Regards,
Reuben

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Buster wrote:

I don't really think people these days care that men get pedicures. But announcing it on Twitter is very much a "Hey! Hey! Look at me!!" thing. You know he's just so contrarian and deep...

Also I understand his wife was out of town for a vacation. So he went solo with his year and change kid. But Thursday was his Tributo day off and Friday he had a short show b/c of White Sox.

It's not so much him getting the pedicure as the way that he phrases the announcement. His week was not objectively stressful and the "reward myself" justification seems so feminine.

It seems like he spends a lot of time in self indulgent pursuits for a guy who quit Hit and Run because it interfered with his family life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Buster wrote:

It's not so much him getting the pedicure as the way that he phrases the announcement. His week was not objectively stressful and the "reward myself" justification seems so feminine.

It seems like he spends a lot of time in self indulgent pursuits for a guy who quit Hit and Run because it interfered with his family life.

I bet he only did hit and run because mitch put it in his contract since he had to be off so many week days for his cover band. Once he was around for a few years he probably threw a fit and demanded it not be in his new contract. He didn't want to work on Saturdays long before the family excuse was plausible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Pedicures are awesome, especially when your feet are disaster areas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:

He is so smarmy and he has been like that at least since this show started. It's always exaggerated, effusive, and at the same time serious. It's all so important and deep and very look at me. Yuck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
once again,my opinion of a radio host is being turned towards the negative. I guess Speigs is kind of "smarmy" but he has a lot going on for him. Radio host in a major market and weekend rock star. I wish I was so lucky. He still is an asshole for taking a newborn to a hockey game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
once again,my opinion of a radio host is being turned towards the negative. I guess Speigs is kind of "smarmy" but he has a lot going on for him. Radio host in a major market and weekend rock star. I wish I was so lucky. He still is an asshole for taking a newborn to a hockey game.

On an airplane, too, right? I'm a few credits shy of my medical degree, but I would have to think that is not good for a newborn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Being home alone with a 1 year old child while "mommy" has been away could probably be stressful. These guys have a life outside of the radio.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

On an airplane, too, right? I'm a few credits shy of my medical degree, but I would have to think that is not good for a newborn.

I had my son on a plane when he was 3 months old, haven't noticed any lasting affects.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Kind of?

I don't find him entertaining as a host and can't listen to the show because of him. As a singer he is fine but the performance turns me off. I can't stand anything he does. He's brutal, and he doesn't seem to be a good guy either.

Why can't newborns go on airplanes?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 am 

Spaulding wrote:

I don't find him entertaining as a host and can't listen to the show because of him. As a singer he is fine but the performance turns me off. I can't stand anything he does. He's brutal, and he doesn't seem to be a good guy either.

100% agreement with this statement.

He doesn't know how to be a man. Spiegel is a woman with a penis and a scrotum.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Kind of?

:cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I had my son on a plane when he was 3 months old, haven't noticed any lasting affects.

Spaulding wrote:
Why can't newborns go on airplanes?

It's less of an issue that I thought:

Lane France
pediatrician

Ideally, your baby should be at least 2 to 3 months old before he flies. This will give his immune system a chance to grow strong enough to resist the germs that often make the rounds in airplane ventilation systems. It also gives the two of you enough time to settle into a routine and master the art of breast- or bottle-feeding.

If you can't wait that long, your baby should be okay to fly after his 2-week checkup — provided he has a clean bill of health and you had a full-term pregnancy without complications. Premature babies are especially susceptible to germs, so it may take longer before they're ready to go on an airplane trip.

If you have any questions about whether your baby is healthy enough to fly, ask his pediatrician for advice. Note that airlines do not allow any baby younger than 1 week to fly without a doctor's note.

Many parents worry that the changes in air pressure that happen when you fly can harm their baby's ears. It's true that "popping ears" during takeoff and landing can be a bit painful for infants, but it won't cause any lasting damage. (The pressure changes can be very uncomfortable if your baby has an ear infection, however. If so, you may need to postpone your flight.)

Your baby will feel more comfortable if he has something to suck on during takeoff and landing, so you may want to breastfeed or give him a bottle or pacifier. You can give him some infant pain reliever (such as acetaminophen) if his ears really seem to bother him.

Editor's Note: To minimize disruption to your baby's schedule when crossing time zones, you may want to keep one watch set to your home time so you'll know what your baby is expecting next. Caring for a baby full time is stressful even while staying home, much less at 30,000 feet in the air. If possible, travel with your mate, another relative, or a sitter.