It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike North
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It won't take 3 months for North to say something on-air that will force him to apologize and/or resign.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
North is a PR move who will bring increased visibility to the White Sox radio games & most certainly will lead to an increase in listeners.

Do you really believe that? I don't think it will have any effect at all. Nobody who isn't interested in the White Sox is going to listen simply because Mike North is in the booth. And those of us who enjoy the broadcasts- like Frank, bigfan, and myself- will continue listening regardless.

Of course he believes that, he's an idiot.

If it's true, then I'd probably tune in to hear some of it... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:10 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It won't take 3 months for North to say something on-air that will force him to apologize and/or resign.

:lol:

This is gonna be awesome. I cant wait til the daily threads on North start

He probably should get a section.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

He won't make it out of spring training with all the non-whites on each team's roster.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
crosscheck wrote:
If it's true, then I'd probably tune in to hear some of it... :oops:

Yeah, I guess at first some people will listen just to hear what it's like, but I don't think anyone who isn't a Sox fan is tuning in just to hear North long term.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
This sucks. :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 pm 

Quote:
ML: Over the winter there was a lot of discussion about the Sox broadcasting situation, the rehiring of Chris Singleton, the adding of Steve Stone to the mix and recently “Hawk” Harrelson getting a three year extension. I don’t want to get into the specifics of the broadcasters themselves but I’d like to explore the process of broadcast hiring.

I know you understand this and I do as well having been in the business for almost thirty years but there may be some readers who don’t know this so I’d like to explain why I’m asking certain questions.

In the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s broadcasters were hired by and large, by the radio or television stations they worked for, they were paid by them. There was some distance between themselves and the teams they covered. It was how Harry Caray, for example, could be objective and at times downright critical without fear of being fired. That distinction has been rubberized and completely blurred today. To start this area, I’d like to know how much say do you and the Sox have in broadcast hiring?

BB: “We have a significant amount of input. If we don’t want someone or if say WSCR radio doesn’t want someone, either party can veto the choice. It’s a collaborative process, both of us have a large say in the matter. For example, and I’m just using this name, not that he was ever a candidate, if WSCR radio came to us and said we want Mike North in the Sox broadcasting booth, we’d say no. Why would we want someone who is going to knock our product or be very critical of it?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The last great Sox radio guy

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
North is a PR move who will bring increased visibility to the White Sox radio games & most certainly will lead to an increase in listeners.

Do you really believe that? I don't think it will have any effect at all. Nobody who isn't interested in the White Sox is going to listen simply because Mike North is in the booth. And those of us who enjoy the broadcasts- like Frank, bigfan, and myself- will continue listening regardless.

Of course he believes that, he's an idiot.

Do you think Jerry Reinsdorf is an idiot?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
Do you think Jerry Reinsdorf is an idiot?

Not at all, but I do think he let's loyalties and friendships get in the way of business on occasion. And like every good salesman I've ever met, he's prone to being sold by somebody else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is this considered to be a rumor at this point? Where is this actually being reported as likely to happen?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm 

I talked to Bob at a party last night about this topic. It made his head explode.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 pm 

A guy on White Sox interactive said he talked to Ed Sherman and he debunked this saying "there is nothing to it"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:24 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Irving Park Tom + Mike North = MATCH

25 posts...all about North in one way or another.

Give me a % rpb.

58%

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:04 pm 

Only gig I see North landing with the White Sox.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 am 

After looking into this further & talking with some people, it doesn't look like North will be replacing DJ. Something is brewing between North & the White Sox, perhaps on the Sox website?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 am 
Scorehead wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
DJ sucks & has no business being employed as a baseball analyst, so good riddance.

Excepting the local tv broadcasts, DJ was never the problem.

And Michelle Bachman will one day be POTUS.

Seriously were you dropped on your head as a child? Or is it the paint huffing that did this to you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
North/jiggetts podcast?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Keeping Score wrote:
I might stay up til midnight to see if he makes the big announcement on NorthtoNorth at 12:01.

Yeah,I'm sure it's worth it. :drunken:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 am 

He is now fox's #1 fill in host, congrats pappy u are the Calieb Hanie of radio no one listens to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Keeping Score wrote:
Maybe you guys hit on this in one of the 19 Mike North threads, but this is from another site:

Quote:
Heard back from one of the beat writers on this, they say DJ's contract runs four more years.

I assume he's not going anywhere given the length of the deal and the Sox even if they were contemplating a change probably wouldn't want to have to pay him off for that long of a period.
Also, from Larz site...
There are now a great many ways that fans can see and hear Mike North. However, what you will NOT be hearing is Mike North in the Chicago White Sox broadcast booth. That rumor, started at the end of last month and spread by a Chicago sports podcaster, is absolutely 100% untrue. While Mike North remains very good friends with Chicago White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and is a lifelong fan of the southside ball club, he has not ever been contacted to become a radio booth broadcaster for the team. He has no plans whatsoever to replace Darrin Jackson, who still has many years to go on his radio contract and is well liked by the club. He is open to doing something with and for the Chicago White Sox at some point in the future, but as of today, there are no plans in the works.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 am 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Also, from Larz site...
While Mike North remains very good friends with Chicago White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and is a lifelong fan of the southside ball club,

That's not true either. He grew up a Cub fan and all his baseball memories are Cub memories. He doesn't wax poetic about Gamble and Zisk. For him it's always Ernie and Billy and it's always gonna be. I really can't see why these guys pretend. Maybe in North's case it's because he thinks he can get a job. The Cubs are at least smart enough not to consider such a preposterous idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The short sale on his land must have been left out?

This would be when you try to tell the bank that based on your current income you can't afford the payments?

This is something that is tough to get away with if you have $1,000,000 in other assets?

Unless of course the other assets are in the wifes name and you claim to have nothing, which also might work with a B of A, but you would think Mike North would have gone to a local bank for the loan? and that person knows him and knows he still has some money?

What do you think a fill in host on Sporting News makes? $60K?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:12 am 

bigfan wrote:

This would be when you try to tell the bank that based on your current income you can't afford the payments?

This is something that is tough to get away with if you have $1,000,000 in other assets?

Unless of course the other assets are in the wifes name and you claim to have nothing, which also might work with a B of A, but you would think Mike North would have gone to a local bank for the loan? and that person knows him and knows he still has some money?

Norths Fox deal is well into 6 figures. Remember, Jeff "Spaceball" Schwartz, who is a close personal frond of Norths, is an executive at Fox Sports Radio & responsible for hiring him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 am 

Scorehead wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Norths Fox deal is well into 6 figures. Remember, Jeff "Spaceball" Schwartz, who is a close personal frond of Norths, is an executive at Fox Sports Radio & responsible for hiring him.

You have no idea what he makes and your guessing on North has been consistently wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:55 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You have no idea what he makes and your guessing on North has been consistently wrong.

Yeah, I'm guessing Spaceball isn't making six figures himself. At least not from Fox. This isn't the golden age of terrestrial radio. Maybe Terry's Guy knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Jeff "Spaceball" Schwartz, who is a close personal frond of Norths

So Spaceball is the green part of a palm tree?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
So after 83 pages, I think we can safely answer his question, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:12 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I have a pretty good idea what some radio guys make including Northy. What, do you think hes working for Fox for $50K? It's 6 figures. If you add up all of Norths jobs, he's doing alright for himself. He knows how to sell himself & he's got another new gig on the horizon. North will always have work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 76  Next