It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I have heard Danny say he doesn't care what folks think,he wants to spend more time with his sons,etc. Meat has his music that he must attend to. That's fine if you have a desk job and you taking off is a preplanned thing with co-workers filling in. It DOES NOT work when you are a performer. That is what they are. It's like going to see The Rolling Stones but it's Cleveland and Mick_J doesn't do Cleveland so they replaced him with a cover band singer. Not much going today,so no big deal but starting next week I expect these guys to be on during most shifts. They want full-time cash,work fulltime,Bitch!

BTW,I have no holidays in my line of work. I'm usually oncall or at work on holidays the past 22 years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Go back to Rod Zimmerman on this one.

He doesnt want to lose Mac, but doesnt want to give him more money, so they agree on more vacation time.

I think Mac has a pretty sweet deal. I would take it in a second!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Only difference is Mac has sorta "earned" ( as much as you can earn 12 weeks off a year) the right to work the schedule he does. No fucking way in hell has Candy. I guess Score management doesnt have a problem with it as theyre the ones letting him do it so while we may think its crazy, his bosses are the ultimate judge of that and they seem to be ok with it so tough titty for us. Whine cellar it is.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
jimmypasta wrote:
I have heard Danny say he doesn't care what folks think,he wants to spend more time with his sons,etc. Meat has his music that he must attend to. That's fine if you have a desk job and you taking off is a preplanned thing with co-workers filling in. It DOES NOT work when you are a performer. That is what they are. It's like going to see The Rolling Stones but it's Cleveland and Mick_J doesn't do Cleveland so they replaced him with a cover band singer. Not much going today,so no big deal but starting next week I expect these guys to be on during most shifts. They want full-time cash,work fulltime,Bitch!

BTW,I have no holidays in my line of work. I'm usually oncall or at work on holidays the past 22 years.

1) who cares when you do, or do not, work?

2) what does your work schedule have to do with theirs?

3) they are not the Rolling Stones.

4) sounds like nothing more than petty jealousy to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 pm 

) who cares when you do, or do not, work?
I'm trying to point out,others don't have a choice who put in a lot longer then 3.6 hours a day or whatever the hell they put in minus commercials.

Same as the question above.

They are entertainers. People pay to see the Stones not a cover band. People tune in to listen to Danny & Meat since it's their show.

Sounds like you can't figure out which hand to wipe your ass with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
However many days off has to be in their contracts. If the bosses, Mac & Candy all agreed to it, then there isn't a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Even in real life if you have 6 weeks of vacation companies or whatever can and do make little rules about taking 4 out of 6 weeks off in a bunch. That was my only beef with Mac this summer not that he didn't deserve it. As for Meat I do not like the randomness of his off days. I like consistency in my radio day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
bigfan wrote:
Go back to Rod Zimmerman on this one.

He doesnt want to lose Mac, but doesnt want to give him more money, so they agree on more vacation time.

I think Mac has a pretty sweet deal. I would take it in a second!

DING DING DING DING

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 am 

pittmike wrote:
Even in real life if you have 6 weeks of vacation companies or whatever can and do make little rules about taking 4 out of 6 weeks off in a bunch. That was my only beef with Mac this summer not that he didn't deserve it. As for Meat I do not like the randomness of his off days. I like consistency in my radio day.

That's the way I see it. Good for them on getting the time...now take it in logical increments. You could take three weeks in February after the Super Bowl and no one would care.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't think Danny cares if he loses the gig or not. If he does, his attitude might change.

If I were Candy, I'd never miss a day. EVER. Lack of awareness on his part.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

That's the way I see it. Good for them on getting the time...now take it in logical increments. You could take three weeks in February after the Super Bowl and no one would care.

You are correct,sir!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
jimmypasta wrote:
) who cares when you do, or do not, work?
I'm trying to point out,others don't have a choice who put in a lot longer then 3.6 hours a day or whatever the hell they put in minus commercials.

Same as the question above.

They are entertainers. People pay to see the Stones not a cover band. People tune in to listen to Danny & Meat since it's their show.

Sounds like you can't figure out which hand to wipe your ass with.

ZING! Boy, you really get me there.

If your gripe is that you like the show, and get frustrated as a fan that the two aren't on air enough, I'm with you. If your gripe is how much vacation time the have negotiated - well, sounds like petty jealousy because you don't get as much time off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
"The food was terrible, and such small portions." - Woody Allen, or people in the Mac/Spiegs folder