It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:12 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The bar at my wedding was open during dinner, and we got to keep all the liquor that wasn't finished.

Those are the advantages of having a wedding at the VFW.

:roll: :roll:

Not at VFW, asswipe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The bar at my wedding was open during dinner, and we got to keep all the liquor that wasn't finished.

Those are the advantages of having a wedding at the VFW.

:roll: :roll:

Not at VFW, asswipe.

What's wrong with having a wedding at a VFW?

A little pretentious of you Douchebag.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Let me guess, Frank is getting married on a Friday or Sunday.

hey now, I got married on a Friday

probably why it didn't work out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Let me guess, Frank is getting married on a Friday or Sunday.
And your point is...?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
At a Polish wedding they are probably going to have a homemade vodka toast instead of a champagne toast. And instead of a cake cutting, it will be vodka shots.

Vodka bottles at the table instead of wine...dinner doesn't start until 9 even if the invitation calls for 6...there is a meat dinner, a break for booze, then a fish dinner, another break for booze and finally a round of pork for dinner. At 2 am when you want to get your fuck on people will be bitching about you trying to leave the wedding.

This sounds highly First Generation. Didn't you say your family came over on the equivalent of the Polish Mayflower (presumably after they got the below deck screen door issue resolved?)

Country cousins and all that. You know how every wedding involving a person with even a drop of blood must involve the obligatory bagpipe, Christene O'Connell singing the Irish wedding song and Irish dancer's breaking up an otherwise good drinking hour, well easterners have the same thing. The hard core will put some ridiculous bib on the bride covered in dolls and make her dance around for dollars. No one else appreciates my comment that after she pushes out the first one people will be giving her dollars not to dance.

Polish people were on the ship that founded the Jamestown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

We can't all be as fortunate as you, panther. Some of us don't have the $50 laying around to pay people to hang out with us at a bar.

Of course, some of us actually have friends and don't have to resort to paying people to hang out with them. To each their own, panthrotitie!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

This is 2013 yes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
We can't all be as fortunate as you, panther. Some of us don't have the $50 laying around to pay people to hang out with us at a bar.

Of course, some of us actually have friends and don't have to resort to paying people to hang out with them. To each their own, panthrotitie!

Some of us also marry chicks of such high stock that their father properly provides a dowry of at the very least marrying off their daughter!

Jeez Panther, take it easy.

Yeah, I have had no problems with Q-Bo lately, but that is out of line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:18 pm 

It just occurred to me that someone's father decided that they wanted to give their daughter away in marriage to Panther

I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm sure hes a terrific husband a great guy all around just kind of a chuckle worthy thought

I mean was there a Pantetalon or whatever?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Just got back from a stupid ass Sunday Cheapass Wedding that basically made us ditch our daughter on Labor Day Weekend, a time when we usually go on vacation. These cheap, loser-parent-having, no-money-having or saving bastards fucked-up my annual family vacation because they didn't have their shit together and had to do everything on the cheap.
Sunday weddings on holiday weekends aren't cheaper. People do it because it actually makes it easier for people to show up.

Just don't go if you are going to whine about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 pm 

Did somebody have a gun to your head and make you go? If you had family to attend to you should have just politely told them you couldn't make due to a previous obligation, written them a check and be done with it. Or were you the only friends these people have?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Some of us also marry chicks of such high stock that their father properly provides a dowry of at the very least marrying off their daughter!
We already knew that your wife married down.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Just got back from a stupid ass Sunday Cheapass Wedding that basically made us ditch our daughter on Labor Day Weekend, a time when we usually go on vacation. These cheap, loser-parent-having, no-money-having or saving bastards fucked-up my annual family vacation because they didn't have their shit together and had to do everything on the cheap.
Sunday weddings on holiday weekends aren't cheaper. People do it because it actually makes it easier for people to show up.

Just don't go if you are going to whine about it.

I wouldn't mind a Sunday wedding on Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend, but Sunday weddings on a normal week are brutal. I basically have to take a day off of work on Monday if I want to enjoy myself at the wedding.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:32 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
These cheap, loser-parent-having, .

That's a really dumb ass thing to say Panther

Do you credit those born into money?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

You're funny panther. It is actually quite to selfish to complain about somebody else's wedding day. It is their day, not yours. Either deal with it or RSVP no.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
We already knew that your wife married down.

If I ever have a daughter who has a choice between an attorney from Alsip or a light bulb salesman from Hometown, I'm advising her to find a guy from Schaumburg with a hot hatch and a fast-track job.

Last edited by Rod on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

Bullshit. Get married on a Saturday then.

Some people are just naturally discourteous/selfish. Too much of that these days.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would a Saturday matter? Your weekend is ruined either way. A Sunday wedding over a holiday allows people to fly in on a Saturday which is cheaper and leave either on a holiday Monday(about the price of a Sunday flight) or Tuesday. No one has to drive in on Friday night if they don't want. You can even have a golf tournament on Saturday which is always fun.

You should have just not went if it was that big of a deal.

Douchebag wrote:
I wouldn't mind a Sunday wedding on Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend, but Sunday weddings on a normal week are brutal. I basically have to take a day off of work on Monday if I want to enjoy myself at the wedding.
Sunday weddings can be rough. I was just pointing out the flaws in Q-Bo's stance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:40 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Did somebody have a gun to your head and make you go? If you had family to attend to you should have just politely told them you couldn't make due to a previous obligation, written them a check and be done with it. Or were you the only friends these people have?

In my family it is a big fucking deal when you skip out on shit like weddings, etc.

When you have birthday parties, Christenings, and the like, assholes will guild-up and ditch your shit if you ditch theirs.

Not like I really give a fuck, but it is more for the kids' sake.

Life's about choices and it looks like you made yours.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Jeez Panther, take it easy.

Yeah, I have had no problems with Q-Bo lately, but that is out of line.

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Fuck that shit - I'm pissed.

How does it happen that another thread of a poster looking for help with something somehow comes back to being about you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Pantrolling...because it's Frank.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
These cheap, loser-parent-having, .

That's a really dumb ass thing to say Panther

Do you credit those born into money?

If you don't have money, you should at least try to fake it. . . for that one day.

We grew up in very similar neighborhoods Panther

I dont get someone from Alsip or anywhere similar baking at a family not having enough money

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:11 pm 

I don't really share your opinion but fair enough

Rick brings up a very good point though...having the wedding on Saturday would not have allowed you to have a long vacation anyways so what's the issue?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Instead of using theknot.com, we should have just consulted with panther for everything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:20 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Just do things the right fucking way: No Fridays, No Sundays, and Don't Co-op Traditional Vacation Weekends.
You had a whole summer to take vacations. Plan better next time. 3 days for a vacation isn't enough time anyways.

Or as everyone else has said just don't go if it is a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:26 pm 

Yep and I gotta say I've turned down weddings before...there's one specifically that was in Bourbonnais it was going to be a cash bar... that wasnt a family member so might have been a little easier for me to just not go but if its really this bad and bothers you this much that I'd say you just don't go and deal with your family or go and chalk one up for " the kid" (going so your kid into be shunned later)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Yep and I gotta say I've turned down weddings before...there's one specifically that was in Bourbonnais it was going to be a cash bar... that wasnt a family member so might have been a little easier for me to just not go but if its really this bad and bothers you this much that I'd say you just don't go and deal with your family or go and chalk one up for " the kid" (going so your kid into be shunned later)
Yup. Most people overrate just how much people care about them being there. They will enjoy the day with or without you.

That's not to say they wouldn't prefer you are there but unless you are a close friend or family member the bride and groom will probably not spend more than 5 minutes with you the whole time. Go on your 3 day Labor Day vacation and send a gift instead of whining they violated your arbitrary rules.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 pm 

Panther, I would have taken you as one of those _I can enjoy anything anywhere" type of people

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:46 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
You sound exactly like a guy who got married on a Friday or Sunday.
On a Sunday, on a holiday weekend, and it was a great success. It even gave us time to have a golf tournament on Saturday and we had more people attend than we expected.

You sound like a person who thinks they matter in situations when they really don't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
You sound exactly like a guy who got married on a Friday or Sunday.
On a Sunday, on a holiday weekend, and it was a great success. It even gave us time to have a golf tournament on Saturday and we had more people attend than we expected.

You sound like a person who thinks they matter in situations when they really don't.

You are so transparent, it's not even funny!

. . . but I'll laugh anyway, Cheapass! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Once again, on a holiday weekend, it is not cheaper on a Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 pm 

I think we need to have an old-fashioned W-2 brawl. Let's get it on!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next