It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Douchebag wrote:
I think we need to have an old-fashioned W-2 brawl. Let's get it on!

:lol:

or a game of "big bank/little bank"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If I ever have a daughter who has a choice between an attorney from Alsip or a light bulb salesman from Hometown, I'm advising her to find a guy from Schaumburg with a hot hatch and a fast-track job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The difference between a Friday and Saturday for our venue is $6,000 and $8,000 minimum (before tax and tip) for the venue, food, liquor, etc...
So, basically the difference is 20-25 guests between the two days (60 vs 85).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:05 pm 

We didn't explore the Friday or Sunday option, but with my entire family coming from out of town, Saturday worked best for us.

That said, if we had opted for Labor Day weekend (already booked when we looked at it), we may have jumped on the Sunday date so people could enjoy the lake and stuff in Michigan.

Sunday weddings on a non-holiday weekend suck...even worse if they pull it during football season (my cousin).

I see nothing wrong with a Friday night wedding...still get the weekend to recover.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:07 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Sunday weddings on a non-holiday weekend suck...even worse if they pull it during football season (my cousin).

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
You sound exactly like a guy who got married on a Friday or Sunday.
On a Sunday, on a holiday weekend, and it was a great success. It even gave us time to have a golf tournament on Saturday and we had more people attend than we expected.

You sound like a person who thinks they matter in situations when they really don't.

I honestly would have thought that by this thread that Panther could provide more than a three day vacation for his family.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
I honestly would have thought that by this thread that Panther could provide more than a three day vacation for his family.
3 day vacations are the Sunday weddings of vacations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
3 day vacations are the Sunday weddings of vacations.

The Labor Day Mini-Getaway after school has only been in session but a week is a late-summer treat. Anything longer would involve disrupting school at a very important beginning stage, and would thus be inappropriate.
Makes sense. 5 days of school after 2+ months of no school really puts you in the burnt out stage. Damn those evil newlyweds for not understanding the importance of a vacation one week into school!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:23 pm 

I cannot support Panther in this line of thought.

It would be insane for a father of modest means to break the bank paying for something as ultimately trivial as a wedding ceremony. I think there are a lot of cool ways to have a ceremony inexpensively. The key word is inexpensive...not cheap.

I always thought NYE would be a great wedding day (although obviously expensive). It saves guests from some bullshit NYE party. You have the hall until midnight and then tell everyone to scram or follow to the after hours. Drink up for free covers the cost of having to cab it stay at a hotel. Sadly, no one seems to agree with me on this. Who cares if grandma Mabel breaks her hip falling on the ice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
I cannot support Panther in this line of thought.
Could say this in reply 98% of the time with him and be correct.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
good dolphin wrote:
I always thought NYE would be a great wedding day (although obviously expensive). It saves guests from some bullshit NYE party. You have the hall until midnight and then tell everyone to scram or follow to the after hours. Drink up for free covers the cost of having to cab it stay at a hotel. Sadly, no one seems to agree with me on this. Who cares if grandma Mabel breaks her hip falling on the ice.

Fuck that. Went to a NYE wedding a couple years ago and it SUCKED. All my friends were out doing something and I had to be at this damn wedding. Maybe if it was a close friend or something but it wasn't.
I think it takes huge balls to have your wedding on NYE. The worst Jerry. The worst.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Frank! Take that burning bag off of your head! You're gonna mess up my wedding pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Most weddings are interchangable memories to the guests unless they are close family. Hire the best photographer you can, not a friend of a friend, and make an effort to look good in your pictures. Have decent food and ridiculously good desserts. Nobody cares what the wine on the table is. insist on top shelf for at least 2 vodkas, 2 whiskeys, and a gin, call is fine for everything else. Dance with your mom and your mother-in-law.

Mostly the pictures and the Mom stuff. Nobody really cares about the rest of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Most weddings are interchangable memories to the guests unless they are close family. Hire the best photographer you can, not a friend of a friend, and make an effort to look good in your pictures. Have decent food and ridiculously good desserts. Nobody cares what the wine on the table is. insist on top shelf for at least 2 vodkas, 2 whiskeys, and a gin, call is fine for everything else. Dance with your mom and your mother-in-law.

Mostly the pictures and the Mom stuff. Nobody really cares about the rest of it.

My alcoholic aunt told me a week ago at our Christening party that they would be having top shelf.

. . . They had well liquor and a few Bottles of Crown Royal.

That's just bad form. You would be right to castigate them publicly for bringing shame upon your house. Anyway, you, me, JORR, and bigfan can go over all the finer points of this stuff with Frank at the fitting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:19 pm 

spmack wrote:
Frank! Take that burning bag off of your head! You're gonna mess up my wedding pictures!

I offered a toupee if his hair burned.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I've been alright with Panther for awhile. I don't think he's too bad. I think he said some fucked up things in this thread but it's clear Frank doesn't give a shit so whatever. Three songs is a pretty damn long slide show.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
We're going to have 8-12 draft beers at our wedding...and probably call liquor and whatever wine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:00 am 

Douchebag's wedding sounded cool. IIRC they sorta planned it with the guests in mind.

Again, for the record, Im AGAINST this slideshow Frank. This is going to be a disaster!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah. I really don't care what anybody thinks about the slideshow. Its our wedding, we want it, so we're doing it. Thats pretty much all that needs to be said. Couldn't care less about anybody else's opinion on such matters. Its our wedding so if we want things done a certain way, or on a certain day, or to a certain song, that is the way its going to be done and to hell with what anybody else thinks.

For those that have replied/PM'd with serious responses, thank you very much.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I want to let the record show that I don't agree with anything Panther has said in this thread.

Some of it hits home. The "loser parent-having" comment bothered me quite a bit. Her parents and mine work their asses off. There are a lot of hard-working people out there who aren't wealthy. I don't like the tone of some of what I read here.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

My alcoholic aunt told me a week ago at our Christening party that they would be having top shelf.

. . . They had well liquor and a few Bottles of Crown Royal.

That's just bad form. You would be right to castigate them publicly for bringing shame upon your house. Anyway, you, me, JORR, and bigfan can go over all the finer points of this stuff with Frank at the fitting.

single misanthropes should probably stay away from a groom a few days before the wedding

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 am 

...Furthermore, this is what you open yourself up to when you talk in detail about your life on this board. I learned that lesson a few years ago.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Some of it hits home. The "loser parent-having" comment bothered me quite a bit. Her parents and mine work their asses off. There are a lot of hard-working people out there who aren't wealthy. I don't like the tone of some of what I read here.
People are idiots when it comes to judging others on the wedding. I wouldn't worry about it. There are people that would complain that the ice was too cold if everything else was perfect. Create the wedding that you've dreamed of since you were a little boy and hopefully people like Panther either don't go or accept that they don't matter on that day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Create the wedding that you've dreamed of since you were a little boy...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Create the wedding that you've dreamed of since you were a little boy

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 am 

The slideshow thing is common these days.

We are doing one that will just be playing in the background through dinner...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I want to let the record show that I don't agree with anything Panther has said in this thread.

I'm not going to apologize for showing sympathy to Panther and his family because he was financially unable to provide them with a proper vacation,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

How many PM's have you received yet?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 am 

If I get married, my parents will be a cost, not a fund.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If I get married, my parents will be a cost, not a fund.
Ask for the parents W-2's before proposing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next