It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 pm 

Mac and Finfer seem a little too chummy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Why wouldn't he?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer: Let's see, 4 or 5 times my current salary and fullfilling my dream. Hmmm...no, why the hell would I want that?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Why wouldn't he?

Dunno. Does Finfer want to be the smarmy unfunny stupid asshole on a day to day basis that wants money he isn't really entitled to and sings a lot?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Why wouldn't he?

Dunno. Does Finfer want to be the smarmy unfunny stupid asshole on a day to day basis that wants money he isn't really entitled to and sings a lot?

Finfer: Hell yeah!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Who wouldn't? You get to show up to work half the year for 6 hours, be an asshole to everyone, get gobs of catered lunches and restaurants dinners and have a sugar daddy in Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:19 pm 

Maybe the more specific question might be: Is Finfer plotting to push Spiegel off the proverbial ledge if given the opportunity?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mini Ditka wrote:
Maybe the more specific question might be: Is Finfer plotting to push Spiegel off the proverbial ledge if given the opportunity?

Spiegel just signed for 3 more years. So Finfer has to wait to get Spiegel on that ledge. But yes, to answer your question, all producers would push the host for whom they work off a ledge if it meant they get a show.

With the exception of Finfer and Mac. Finfer wouldn't push Mac off cuz Mac has been very good to him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

They're on like the 11th floor. For the love of God, let's hope not.

Maybe Finfer wants the candyman's candy all to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:36 pm 

I don't understand why they signed him for 3 more years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
I doubt they are committed to Spiegel for 3 more years as Mac's co-host--especially since Mac seems non-committal about being the host beyond next Summer. I'd imagine the contract allows WSCR to slot Spiegel in when/where they'd like. But who knows.
That might've been why Spiegel was balking at agreeing to it. For all we know, the deal could allow WSCR to demote Spiegel to being a producer M-F and hosting a weekend show. Something in it didn't sit well with Meatpants, as Mac was pushing him on-air to sign it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 am 
1000 CLUB

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
I doubt they are committed to Spiegel for 3 more years as Mac's co-host--especially since Mac seems non-committal about being the host beyond next Summer. I'd imagine the contract allows WSCR to slot Spiegel in when/where they'd like. But who knows.
That might've been why Spiegel was balking at agreeing to it. For all we know, the deal could allow WSCR to demote Spiegel to being a producer M-F and hosting a weekend show. Something in it didn't sit well with Meatpants, as Mac was pushing him on-air to sign it.

Interesting. Sounds like a Zimmerman type of deal where he knows they'll eventually agree on his terms cuz they have no other options. That's the beauty of being a boss of a sports talk show host I suppose. You pretty much always have the upper hand.

If Mac leaves in a year, I wonder if it will be Larry or Finfer. Is Mac trying to set up Finfer with whatever pull he has to replace him. :shock: Larry wants to be Bernstein's partner, but he would obviously take the first show that opens.

If you remember, Mac came back to the Score which ended "Hamp and Holmes" short run of bad. Then Mac fired Goff and Larry as subs and promoted Finfer. Now he could set up Finfer to step over Larry!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 am 

I'm hugely disappointed in Mac's show. I know things change, people change, but I think it's a bad product.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He also can't stop mentioning how he gets a free car from doing the CJ Wilson ads.

I can't wait to see who is going to have 2 years of hell being paired with him once Mac does whatever he is going to do after this year. They should stick Hub with him. No one would listen and both probably won't come out alive from that pairing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:57 am 
Zayre
Venture
Wieboldts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
I doubt they are committed to Spiegel for 3 more years as Mac's co-host-- the deal could allow WSCR to demote Spiegel to being a producer M-F and hosting a weekend show.

This is the kind of conjecture that litters threads all too often. Spiegs may well have a contract that allows the station to use him as a host on any shift they see fit to use him, but I would REALLY doubt it allows them to put him back in a producers role. As Beardown points out, it's a no-brainer that Finfer would desire such a promotion. To get on air and be paid much better....of course that's desirable.