It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
sorry, i'll be at the game tomorrow.... the confluence of a birthday and the start of a new bears season = second row in the peasant dish for me.... .good times!

but i'm going to try and make one of these proper meetups sometime.... it'd be slick if there were any 3:15-3:30pm kickoffs, but c'est la vie we're either 12:00pm or 7:30pm/+ this season long.

it's looking to be a beautiful ~75 degree day tomorrow, so this hearkens back to memories of going to the season opener vs the falcons a couple'a years ago. i went in with low/no expectations and walked out all kinds of pleasantly surprised, so i'm hoping for that this year..... altho, shit, i can't lie.... that raiders performance got me hyped as to what this trestman offense can do if it's firing on all cylinders.... so the hope is that this defense still has another solid ~top-5ish year in it, mel tucker actually has some good enterprising ideas to implement with the bears' defensive talent (something he didn't have that much of in jacksonville) and when you combine that with a competent offense led by a guy who knows how to call plays (IMHO, that was the most impressive part of the oakland game... trestman put on a playcalling clinic) then yeah, we could have something.

tl;dr blah blah blah blah, i always get extra nervous going to games cuz you'd hate to show up at a shit game and have the special occasion turn on you..... but hey i've got a good feeling that if trestman calls the plays, these guys will execute..... offensive line implosion notwithstanding, of course!