It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/12/ ... ve-week-2/

The Showpot is in need of a winning weekend. It appears that the show’s first play is already decided with three different members proposing wagering on the Ravens versus Cleveland. As for the other bet they place, you can help decide and perhaps help send them to Vegas for the NFL’s Championship Weekend.

Matt Spiegel (2-0 on the year):
Ravens -7 vs. Browns
The Ravens were embarrassed in the second half last week in Denver and want to bounce back in a big way. A weak division foe at home is exactly what the doctor ordered for them, blowout victory here.
Over 47.5 in Lions at Cardinals
The Lions offense has showed that it can score points last week against Minnesota and don’t discredit what having an alright quarterback in Carson Palmer can do for Arizona. I don’t know who wins here but I know they score a lot. Over.

Nick Shepkowski (1-0-1):
Ravens -7 vs. Browns
Brandon Weeden is useless and the Ravens are a helluva lot better than they showed against the Broncos. Baltimore gets off to a quick start and goes on to a blowout victory over Cleveland.
Bears -6 vs. Vikings
The only thing the Bears have to do is stop Adrian Peterson. I expect the Bears to score and score often against the Vikings, making Christian Ponder have to throw a bunch as the game goes on. That’s a good thing, Bears fans. Bears roll at home.

Ben Finfer (1-1):
Colts -3 vs. Dolphins
Andrew Luck and company struggled early in week one and that won’t happen again. The Dolphins having to go on the road a second week in a row hampers their team, one that really wasn’t that impressive when you consider it was just the Browns that they beat last week. I love Indy!
Washington +8 at Green Bay
The Packers offense will score but not enough to cover. RGIII and company figured enough out in the second half on Monday that I have confidence they’ll keep this a game on Sunday.

Jay Zawaski (0-2):
49ers +3 at Seahawks
The 49ers are quite possibly the best team in the whole NFL. Yes, it’s tough to get a win in Seattle but anytime this 49ers squad is getting points I’m going to take them.
Bears -6 vs. Vikings
The Bears get to feast on an overhyped Vikings team. Sure, AP might go off for 150 yards but it won’t be enough to keep this game within a touchdown on the lakefront!

Dan McNeil (0-2):
Ravens -7 vs. Browns
Give John Harbaugh extra time to prepare and he makes you pay. Couple that with the Browns still being the Browns and the purple and black win this one going away.
Colts -3 vs. Dolphins
Another home favorite but I love the Colts to bounce back from a poor week one showing. Better protection for Andrew Luck is shown and the Colts find a victory by more than a touchdown.

Which of these matchups do you like the most?

More chalk for Mackeyfish.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Someone should mention in the cleveland thread that the Browns will be getting a W this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
This will be awesome. Browns have a sick defense and Chud/Norv realized they fucked up by trusting Weeden to throw 50 times. (To be fair, they were marching towards a TD and a throw bounced off Cameron's hands into a Fins defender). They're going all in with T-Rich this weekend. They better hope to push.

I bet game will be like 20-14 or something.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wasn't the original goal of the Show Pot to go to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii?

Now they're trying to get to Vegas.

This is like a bad buddy comedy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm 

They are going to end up in Branson or the Dells and Candyman is going to have to sing there for their dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
They are going to end up in Branson or the Dells and Candyman is going to have to sing there for their dinner.

Then they are gonna go hungry

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:17 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:

Nonsense. They will put enough money in his hat for him to shut it that they can pay for this!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Phil McCracken wrote:

Nonsense. They will put enough money in his hat for him to shut it that they can pay for this!!!

I imagine meat at that establishment would go something like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9bPjkOc1Q

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
A wonderful thread by a wonderful person.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
A wonderful thread by a wonderful person.

I vote for Chaspoopcup.

Shep has awful sports thoughts. See: his twitter timeline during the ND/UM game.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Rough weekend for Finji.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This is going to be a fun thread to follow this year. Shows how tough betting the NFL can be sometimes.
Show pot is dwindling....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
What a bunch of tools. LMAO

Way to go mackey. Dumbass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Phil McCracken wrote:

:lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Current showpot destination as mentioned by the guys around 10:45 -- Key Lime Cove in Gurnee. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sounds like the ShowPot is getting advice from the Bookie Priest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:47 am 

They will be down to their marsh pegs in no time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Hey Mac, here ya go. Use these reputable publications to pick football games. No offense to your staff, but they don't know what they're doing. You don't lay down money on the advice of a Shep, Finfer or Spiegel. You just don't.

You guys are sinking fast. I want to help. Best way to do it is look for consensus on best bets. Have your best bets in mind before you look (Just yours, Mac, you're the vet at this). Makes you feel better if experts agree. Pull a Michael Corleone on the boys and tell them "They're out".

http://www.thegoldphone.com/NEWSLETTERS/PAPERS.htm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:15 am 
1000 CLUB

How much do they have left, by the way? Didn't they have 2k at one point?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
really Mac the Browns game is off the board? :roll:
less than a minute ago at one of my books

Sun 9/22 393 Cleveland Browns + 6 -103
394 Minnesota Vikings - 6 -113

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:04 pm 

Buster wrote:
really Mac the Browns game is off the board? :roll:
less than a minute ago at one of my books

Sun 9/22 393 Cleveland Browns + 6 -103
394 Minnesota Vikings - 6 -113

Bovada has it off the board. That's where he "invests" online.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm 

It's a TEAM project, Beardown. It's my dough, but I need all my putzsteaks emotionally invested. Ultimately, Shep and I are the executors of the account. We decide how much on the plays chosen and we also think similarly on plays.

Chus, your desire to poke at us (me mostly) for wagering mistakes is approaching Gloopanian levels of weirdness. Can'tcha just be happy there is one show on the radio that regularly uses the line for lots of content? Loved your comment on me living in a trailer if I didn't make six figures. My annual budget for football betting presently is exactly 1% of my annual income. You think I'd bet more if I were pounding nails for $50K a year?

Bash away at me for me being a chalk player who waits to olong during the week to make a move....but challenging my financial responsibility with two kids in college and the other a life-time commitment is one of the more ridiculous comments made in this section in a long time

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 pm 

.......at least you are going to win that steak dinner from the candyman.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Mac, this is a perfect time to bring in North as the bookie priest and then bet against whatever he bets for. Show Pot goes right back up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
It's a TEAM project, Beardown. It's my dough, but I need all my putzsteaks emotionally invested. Ultimately, Shep and I are the executors of the account. We decide how much on the plays chosen and we also think similarly on plays.

Chus, your desire to poke at us (me mostly) for wagering mistakes is approaching Gloopanian levels of weirdness. Can'tcha just be happy there is one show on the radio that regularly uses the line for lots of content? Loved your comment on me living in a trailer if I didn't make six figures. My annual budget for football betting presently is exactly 1% of my annual income. You think I'd bet more if I were pounding nails for $50K a year?

Bash away at me for me being a chalk player who waits to olong during the week to make a move....but challenging my financial responsibility with two kids in college and the other a life-time commitment is one of the more ridiculous comments made in this section in a long time

That's cool. I know it's your money. I know you can afford to lose it. I guess it's a good team building thing. But with the losing, you'll have finger pointing and bitching that only hurts team moral. Especially from that damn Spiegel. :roll: So your good intentions get blown up.

I know you guys want to go to Vegas. That would be a big deal for your poor producers. I'm just tying to help. Going with the experts I offered is the best way to get there.

In the end, even if the show pot goes bust, you'll probably spring for half of a Vegas trip with Mitch getting a Sponsor to pay the other half. You're good like that. If that happens, tell Spiegel he's out for his constant bitching. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 am 

Mac wrote:

I recommend you review the Wagering section when considering your investments. A few people have been pretty good this year in both college, pro and in playing dogs on the money line for straight up wins. Another source I take a look at is therxforum.com. There are some good players at that site (many bad as well) who are happy to give good information for free. I'm nothing great at this but being armed with a little extra information really does go a long way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 am 

Mac wrote:

You might as well have Grimace talk about dieting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 am 

Mac wrote:

If you didn't talk like you were Danny Vegas, perhaps my tone would be different. The whole idea that you are an investor is silly. The point of investing, is to increase the bankroll. You are an action junkie. There isn't anything wrong with that. Hell, I was on NC State last night.

I don't know what you would do, if you made $50k pounding nails. I try not to deal in hypotheticals. If that was the case, I wouldn't know what your plays were, because I wouldn't hear them on the radio.

Speaking of hearing them on the radio, there was a game last year involving SF, where you waited too long, and took a bad line. Late in the game, Harbaugh had the punter run out of the end zone, for a safety. Those two points cost you a cover. I got the cover because I bet a good line. Harbaugh is trying to win games, not cover bad numbers for Danny Vegas. You went on the air the next morning, and whined about Harbaugh blowing it for you. You blew it by taking a bad number.

Right around that same time, you were thumping your chest about your "investing" after a couple good weeks. I posted here that I had listened to you for twenty years, but not for your gambling advice. I said that you were definitely down, probably a lot, over those twenty years, and your guy probably sent you X-mas cards every year. Well, you obviously read that, and went on the air to bash me, not by name, but you were talking about me. You said, and I paraphrase, "despite what some people on a message board might say", and you basically called me a liar. So, let's not pretend that I am just some lunatic hurling gauntlet after gauntlet at you.

Mac wrote:
Bash away at me for me being a chalk player who waits to long during the week to make a move....but challenging my financial responsibility with two kids in college and the other a life-time commitment is one of the more ridiculous comments made in this section in a long time

I have, and I will probably continue to laugh at you for taking bad lines, and calling it investing. I will continue to laugh at you betting huge ML favorites, because your boyquarium agrees in a confidence pool (winning fourteen $100 bets, and losing three at -500 or more, puts you in the hole). That isn't a recipe for success. If if was that easy, everybody would be doing it.

I don't think anybody but you read this as me "challenging your financial responsibility". The comment about living in a trailer was a joke, Mac. I have never taken a shot at your family, nor did I make light about your issues last year. I am commenting on what you say on the radio. That's fair game, champ. Everything that I have said, is within the boundaries of good taste.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 am 

I don't know if the whole "bad lines" thing is a fair criticism. Dan is a recreational gambler. So am I. I don't have accounts at multiple sites to search the best lines for a number of reasons. I have a guy. He sets the line. The line may move a little but it is not dramatic and up to a couple of years ago the line wasn't even available until game day. That's the way it goes. It may not be sophisticated and I may have bad results for me occasionally but I accept that knowing I may be limiting myself a little. Thems the breaks for us locals players

I got screwed on that 49er game as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Anyplace we can sit together as a team
Beardown wrote:
I know it's your money. I know you can afford to lose it. I guess it's a good team building thing.

I also am an enthusiastic proponent of illegal sports betting as a team-building exercise. I have a fashionable clutch just chock full of betting concepts that we utilize on a weekly basis.

Unrelated to any bad beats, Charles Tillman is questionable with a hastily amputated finger.