It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It's another off year for the (St. Xavier University) (?!?) Score Search, as they are not looking for an on-air personality -- there simply aren't weekend overnight hours to spare with C-B-S SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!! -- but rather a "social media expert." So yeah, the sales department has figured out a way to monetize everything, up to and including hiring an intern to run their twitter account.

My only hope is that the applicants write the same bald-faced pandering for a twitter-jockey internship that they would for an air shift:

Quote:
Why are you applying?
I have been a fan of the Score since 199x and what always impressed me most about the Score was the way they reached out to the people who were most importnat to the station and that's their fans. In a lot of ways I think sports radio is the original social media. I feel that as Social Media Expert I can apply my own expertise of social media on a diverse range of platforms to exploring new and dynamic ways for the Score to engage their loyal listeners.

Who are your biggest influences?
I would definitely have to say that I look up to Dan Bernstein, whose work on twitter has shaped me into the social media expert I am today. Also, I have always admired Laurence Holmes, who is a multi-platform master of social media, as I would be for the Score. I am hoping to follow in the footsteps of Tim "Ten Foot Midget" Baffoe, who reimagined social media for the Score in winning the Scoure Search.

What is your happiest and most memorable moment as a Chicago sports fan?
I'm a diehard Cubs fan, but I would definitely have to say it was in 2005 when the White Sox won the World Series. The happy memories I have from this momentous occasion would definitely enable me to explore and reimagine social media for The Official Radio Home Of The Chicago White Sox.

What are your credentials for this thankless and meaningless job that will pay little or nothing?
I graduated with honors from New Trier and hold a B.A. in English from Tulane University.

The winner will be whoever interned for Boers & Bernstein two years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
It's another off year for the (St. Xavier University) (?!?) Score Search, as they are not looking for an on-air personality -- there simply aren't weekend overnight hours to spare with C-B-S SPORTS-RA-DI-O!!! -- but rather a "social media expert." So yeah, the sales department has figured out a way to monetize everything, up to and including hiring an intern to run their twitter account.

My only hope is that the applicants write the same bald-faced pandering for a twitter-jockey internship that they would for an air shift:

Quote:
Why are you applying?
I have been a fan of the Score since 199x and what always impressed me most about the Score was the way they reached out to the people who were most importnat to the station and that's their fans. In a lot of ways I think sports radio is the original social media. I feel that as Social Media Expert I can apply my own expertise of social media on a diverse range of platforms to exploring new and dynamic ways for the Score to engage their loyal listeners.

I would definitely have to say that I look up to Dan Bernstein, whose work on twitter has shaped me into the social media expert I am today. Also, I have always admired Laurence Holmes, who is a multi-platform master of social media, as I would be for the Score. I am hoping to follow in the footsteps of Tim "Ten Foot Midget" Baffoe, who reimagined social media for the Score in winning the Scoure Search.

I'm a diehard Cubs fan, but I would definitely have to say it was in 2005 when the White Sox won the World Series. The happy memories I have from this momentous occasion would definitely enable me to explore and reimagine social media for The Official Radio Home Of The Chicago White Sox.

What are your credentials for this thankless and meaningless job that will pay little or nothing?
I graduated with honors from New Trier and hold a B.A. in English from Tulane University.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ everything you posted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
spmack wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:
Why are you applying?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ everything you posted.
:lol: The kid definitely has talent

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Pretty funny, CH. But it's actually true that they would have to kiss Bernstein's ass to get this gig. Didn't Connor and Baffoe both go out of their way to lick Bernstein during their try outs?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 am 

Correct, as did @TheStevenBerger. I think he was also the one who said he was a Cubs fan whose greatest Chicago sports memory was the White Sox winning the World Series. He may not have been the only one, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:49 am 

This sounds like the person that would get TenFootMidget his coffee while TenFootMidget gets Dan Bernstein his coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This sounds like the person that would get TenFootMidget his coffee while TenFootMidget gets Dan Bernstein his coffee.

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's post of the year worthy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 am 

edit: Posted in the wrong section.

Last edited by spmack on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:58 am 

Quote:
Do you think you have what it takes to win the Saint Xavier University Score Search? If so, register to audition today! Once registered, The Score’s Promotions Department will contact you with an audition time and date.

Auditions will take place during the month of October. Candidates will have the opportunity to show off their best social media skills on a given sports related topic.

Audition? So what, I go to Buffalo Wild Wings and Joe Ostrowski watches me post on twitter? Is there a stopwatch involved? Do they measure my wpm? Will I be docked for not posting to Foursquare? Gee, I hope I don't choke under the pressure on the big stage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:05 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Why are you applying?

I am married with children. I am looking for any excuse to leave the house.

Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and Jose Curevo

2003 Cubs losing the NLCS. I had not witnessed a heart being torn from the body of its still living victim and stomped on in a public display since prom and it brought back so many vivid memories.

I spend hours each day "interacting" with promising actresses in low budget movies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
SHARK has this thing wrapped up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Why are you applying?

2003 Cubs losing the NLCS. I had not witnessed a heart being torn from the body of its still living victim and stomped on in a public display since prom and it brought back so many vivid memories.

I spend hours each day "interacting" with promising actresses in low budget movies

Pretty good, but I don't think spmack is married.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Why are you applying?

gd's mastery of the quote function is going to be hard to beat, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Why are you applying?

Pretty good, but I don't think spmack is married.

I'm pretty sure anyone with CSFMB ties are immediately eliminated. It's what did in Chip Egan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I'm sure I could win that shit but I refuse to do social media on a recession contract.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 pm 

spmack wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone with CSFMB ties are immediately eliminated.

Unless they sign up after the fact to pander for votes only to shit on everyone right away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
spmack wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone with CSFMB ties are immediately eliminated.

Unless they sign up after the fact to pander for votes only to shit on everyone right away.

:lol: Dude, you might be the first back to back CSFMB poster of the year, if that means anything. Top notch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
SHARK has this thing wrapped up.

Nope. Twitter's too limiting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Hey, will the Score's social media expert be covering CSFMB?

What exactly is he or she going to be doing?

I know these contests are bullshit, but this more than the others. You're gonna hire somebody as an expert at social media when they have no experience at it? What? It's almost as bad as making Goff the basketball expert when the day before he was just the guy pushing the "Throw the J.e.w down the well" button.

I know radio is a copy cat business. Are there social media experts at other stations across the country and Mitch figured he'd get one. Do something just to do something. Because this position isn't gonna make the Score any money. Not that they'll pay much for the position. It's still stupid.