It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
bigfan wrote:
HWT or HWH is how a 'professional" would see such an item on a blueprint from a "professional" architect.

Architects are also morons...they are "artistes" with little care for what the land dictates, usually wear stupid non-Rx glasses, have the same fashion sense as a post game presser dressed Dwayne Wade, and are generally pains in the ass.
It doesn't surprise me that they would be redundant when their buildings never close dimensionally.

Fuck Architects.

The "smart" ones label it "WH."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
crosscheck wrote:
I had to quote someone a 75 gallon rheem 6 year tank today and came up with $1497, so if you can get a licensed guy to do it for a $1000, then I think you got yourself a good deal...

I had family coming in this weekend so I pulled the trigger early today and it was 1400. I assume I could have done better but just wanted it done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:56 pm 

i replaced my own water heater. 40gal. if you know how to sweat solder pipes its easy as pie. heater cost $300. i didnt even put the downpipe on the overflow valve on. the house ended up in foreclosure and i just let some other idiot get potentially scalded in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
IkeSouth wrote:
i replaced my own water heater. 40gal. if you know how to sweat solder pipes its easy as pie. heater cost $300. i didnt even put the downpipe on the overflow valve on. the house ended up in foreclosure and i just let some other idiot get potentially scalded in the face.

the worst part was, it wasn't even your house. I picture an IkeSouth breaking into someone's house in Lake Forest and fixing their water heater, whether it needed it or not.