It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Request for Big Fan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Maybe you aren't reading my mind for the fishing section, but was in Montrose Harbor today looking at the "FOR SALE" boats as the end of the year comes and guys dont want to pay for storage if they are going to get rid of the boat.

Rich peoples problems.

Rich people don't have problems, money solves all of that.

I have 17 reasons why I should be alive in my wallet right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Maybe you aren't reading my mind for the fishing section, but was in Montrose Harbor today looking at the "FOR SALE" boats as the end of the year comes and guys dont want to pay for storage if they are going to get rid of the boat.

Rich peoples problems.

I have 17 reasons why I should be alive in my wallet right now.

That's a lot of condoms to be carrying around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am 

I like fishing in a similar way to how I like camping: once a year is usually enough and the memories are better than the actual effort.

No one is going to call out Mac for saying fishing is DOING something? Put the bait in the line, throw it in the water and watch...grueling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Rich peoples problems.

Imu vibe.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
IMU vibe = truth.

If someone with money has significant problems, they don't know how to use money properly.

I'm happy I know that you're trolling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Darkside wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
IMU vibe = truth.

If someone with money has significant problems, they don't know how to use money properly.

I'm happy I know that you're trolling.

Everyone here can donate to me their monthly net surplus, and I will show you how it is done.

Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
If you guys are serious about the fishing charter, I could probably get my Dad down from Racine in his 38(?)' fishing boat as a tag-along.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32 pm 

Good Dolphin, I'm stunned by your lack of fishing acumen. "Throw it in the water and sit and watch." (paraphrasing). Musky hunting is hard work. Constantly on your feet, balancing yourself in choppy water, throwing heavy baits with heavy tackle. It requires tremendous physical and mental constitution. Even with the best gear, your wrists, hands and forearms ache for hours after 10 hours on the water. It's 10 times more demanding on the body than golf.

Then there are the other "doing things" a fisherman does. Boat positioning. GPS/graph programming. Shopping for gear constantly. Attending seminars and reading about patterns and weather systems, etc.

I'm not talking about pleasure boatin', Mr. Dolphin, I'm talkin' about sharkin' for a livin'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:34 pm 

Mac wrote:
. It requires tremendous physical and mental constitution.

You talking about fishing or working with Matt?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:03 pm 

Mac wrote:
Musky hunting is hard work... It's 10 times more demanding on the body than golf.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funniest thing ever posted on csfmb! trophy right dare boys! my sides! my siiiidddddddzzzzzzzhhshahahahahahahahahalololollolololol!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac wrote:
Good Dolphin, I'm stunned by your lack of fishing acumen. "Throw it in the water and sit and watch." (paraphrasing). Musky hunting is hard work. Constantly on your feet, balancing yourself in choppy water, throwing heavy baits with heavy tackle. It requires tremendous physical and mental constitution. Even with the best gear, your wrists, hands and forearms ache for hours after 10 hours on the water. It's 10 times more demanding on the body than golf.

Then there are the other "doing things" a fisherman does. Boat positioning. GPS/graph programming. Shopping for gear constantly. Attending seminars and reading about patterns and weather systems, etc.

I'm not talking about pleasure boatin', Mr. Dolphin, I'm talkin' about sharkin' for a livin'.

That sounds like fun.

Another great place to catch some fish? A restaurant.

That also requires tremendous physical and mental constitution. Even with the best waiter, your wrists, hands and forearms ache for hours after 10 minutes with the menu. It's 10 times more demanding on the body than appetizers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03 pm 

let us in on the joke, ike south. what do you know about EITHER!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
I like fishing in a similar way to how I like camping: once a year is usually enough and the memories are better than the actual effort.

No one is going to call out Mac for saying fishing is DOING something? Put the bait in the line, throw it in the water and watch...grueling.

You should go fishing with someone who is really good at fishing. It is kinda fun to watch. There is a skill or touch involved, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 am 

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You should go fishing with someone who is really good at fishing. It is kinda fun to watch. There is a skill or touch involved, I think.

I went fishing for halibut off the coast of Alaska for a day on my honeymoon...pulled up a 100 pound monster in rougher seas than any of you will encounter while wearing my throwback Butkus jersey.

Take THAT all you outdoorsmen!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 am 

Mac wrote:
let us in on the joke, ike south. what do you know about EITHER!

i know what its like to spend 16 hours a day working construction... so the thought of either golf or fishing being hard work is humorous. im not makin fun of it, its just the way it sounded when i read it. i really dont like golf, actually i sort of hate it... but fishing is good stuff. i understand there is a lot of skill and knowledge that goes into it. golf, on the other hand... well ill leave it alone :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Only been out on Lake Michigan for a charter out of Kenosha once. It was alright I guess. I could
see how it might be a fun event as long as the fish are biting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 am 

Mac wrote:

I pretty much get lost at baiting a hook with a worm.

I have no family heritage in outdoors stuff. My family has been city people on two continents since before the mongols were sweeping off the steppes to rape the countryside. I think the hillbilly side were more interested in dirt farming and drinking home grown lighter fluid than fishing.

I'd love to learn a little bit but I cannot imagine EVER wanting to spend 10 hours doing it...then going out to do it again the next day. I do like the idea of the camaraderie. I also would enjoy going to one of those Canadian lodges and doing a day of fishing followed by a few days of outdoorsy stuff.

Then there is the troubling truth that Bernstien enjoys the pursuit which means its either become a hipster pastime or a sport for slumming "intellectuals" to brag about to their coffee klatsche as the group sits in amazement at the will of the rugged renaissance man.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Mac wrote:

I pretty much get lost at baiting a hook with a worm.

I have no family heritage in outdoors stuff. My family has been city people on two continents since before the mongols were sweeping off the steppes to rape the countryside. I think the hillbilly side were more interested in dirt farming and drinking home grown lighter fluid than fishing.

I'd love to learn a little bit but I cannot imagine EVER wanting to spend 10 hours doing it...then going out to do it again the next day. I do like the idea of the camaraderie. I also would enjoy going to one of those Canadian lodges and doing a day of fishing followed by a few days of outdoorsy stuff.

Then there is the troubling truth that Bernstien enjoys the pursuit which means its either become a hipster pastime or a sport for slumming "intellectuals" to brag about to their coffee klatsche as the group sits in amazement at the will of the rugged renaissance man.

:| i thought i was the urban one in my family, but you just made my balls feel a whole lot bigger.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

You are such a douche. You talk about how hard fishing is then you start a thread about hiring a guide who is telling you how to do it. LMAO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Is there any interest in ice fishing? If it's like the various depcitions I've seen, it doesn't sound too terrible at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Why is it, whenever someone says anything about hard work, another person has to throw in "I worked 27 hours a day making toothpicks out of logs"? Doesn't anyone ever just work 40 hours a week?!?

All due respect...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am 

Makalu G wrote:
Why is it, whenever someone says anything about hard work, another person has to throw in "I worked 27 hours a day making toothpicks out of logs"? Doesn't anyone ever just work 40 hours a week?!?

All due respect...

40 hour workweeks are for losers. i work 20 and put in 80. its all how you play the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
IkeSouth wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

All due respect...

40 hour workweeks are for losers. i work 20 and put in 80. its all how you play the game.

You animal!!!