It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I look back on this season now and recognize it was filled with a lot of lucky breaks . This was a 9 win quality team. They should have been out of the title equation by Stanford

Hell, if Danny Hope stuck with Marve in the ND/Purdue game especially starting the second half, that game may have taken a different ending.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:04 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I look back on this season now and recognize it was filled with a lot of lucky breaks . This was a 9 win quality team. They should have been out of the title equation by Stanford

Hell, if Danny Hope stuck with Marve in the ND/Purdue game especially starting the second half, that game may have taken a different ending.
Yeah. If he had done that, he's still the coach, Notre Dame is riding high off a big win over KSU, and Manti Teo is a top 5 pick.

That may have been the best loss ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Reports: Notre Dame loses top recruit Anzalone

By Brian Hamilton, Tribune reporter

2:53 pm, January 10, 2013

The collateral damage of the Eagles bending Brian Kelly’s ear may have cost the Notre Dame coach one of his prized recruits for 2013.

Linebacker Alex Anzalone was expected to enroll early for classes at Notre Dame this week, but instead informed the program he had changed his mind and would enroll at Florida instead, according to a report on Irish Illustrated.

Blue & Gold Illustrated confirmed the Anzalone news and reported the unexpected flip was “due to the recent news on Brian Kelly and his interview with the Eagles.”

Anzalone is a four-star linebacker rated the No. 50 overall player in the country, according to Rivals.com. The 6-foot-3, 229-pound prospect might have been able to work his way into the Irish’s inside linebacker rotation for 2013 with the graduation of Manti Te’o.

He also has been prone to changing his mind: Once committed to Ohio State, Anzalone dropped his pledge after a controversy involving a registered sex offender posting a photo of himself and Anzalone on the Internet after Anzalone made an unofficial visit to the Buckeyes.

In addition, Anzalone’s father, Sal, is a Florida graduate.

Notre Dame had the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class, per Rivals rankings, before Anzalone’s change of heart. The Irish now drop to No. 2, coincidentally behind Florida.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
It goes without saying that if Brian Kelly were to leave ND for the NFL, that would be a huge blow to ND.
I really really really hope that Kelly goes to the NFL.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:

It was a combination of normally powerful teams having a down year (Michigan, USC, Oklahoma) and some lucky breaks.

I think they were a little ahead of Kelly's schedule. I mean, he's an offensive guy, and they were led by the defense. Looking forward to next couple years for sure

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Kinda weird that Golic's kid transferred to Cincy as well in that graduate exception rule.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:04 pm 

Quote:
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
I blame Notre Dame for not having tutors do all of their overworked athletes' schoolwork. Kids can only do so much.

Rape = Ok
Cheating = Bad.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 pm 

Quote:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 6m
Plus Bama BCS blowout. MT @georgedohrmann: Notre Dame 2013 thus far: Teo's fake lady, top recruit doesn't want 2 enroll, QB booted.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 pm 

Everett Golson: 'I will be returning' to Notre Dame
July 7, 2013, 4:00 pm

JJ STANKEVITZ

Everett Golson spoke on-camera for the first time since his suspension from Notre Dame in late May, although he brushed off inquiries into the discipline that'll keep him off the field in 2013.

But the quarterback offered a declaration that piggybacks off his comments and those of his coach after the suspension was handed down, telling a Myrtle Beach TV station: "I will be returning. I look forward to returning in the spring. That's pretty much it."

Golson was back in his hometown of Myrtle Beach, S.C. for a charity basketball tournament, and said he was hurt by the suspension, but has worked to get through it by surrounding himself with a close group of friends and family. It'd be a surprise if Golson did not return to Notre Dame after the school's fall semester wraps up at the end of 2013, something that's been clear since the initial wave of information hit on May 26.

"I think he started, in my eyes, by accepting responsibility," coach Brian Kelly said in late May of Golson's process to return to Notre Dame. "And once you accept responsibility, in my eyes, and you follow through on what's asked of you relative to month after month, then that's all I need to see from Everett. And then it's back to work."

Golson told WPDE he's continuing to stay focused on a return in 2014, and that he's working to put his suspension behind him.

"I've been working out, keeping my head up," Golson said. "Having a little adversity of course. But I've learned you can't sit down and just take that, you gotta pick yourself back up and keep going forward and doing what you're doing, and everything is going to work itself out in the end. I've been keeping my head up, working out, trying to be back on the field."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 am 

I didn't think he was such an amazing talent that they should even give him the opportunity to return.

Things have worked out pretty well for Tommy Rees in deciding to go to ND

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 pm 

Tommy Rees :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:02 pm 

Don't stop now sooners. I want to see 70 on the board. Don't let off the gas until Brian Kelly's face is the color of your helmets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So sorry shitheads. All tbat remains are the complants of fans who think nd should be no 1 but for tbe east coast bias.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
AT LEAST THEY PLAY THE SERVICE ACADEMIES. YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THEM. IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT AND STUFF.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 pm 

These uniforms are awful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:53 pm 

Which? The shiny gold and green ND ones or the bam bam biggelow ASU helmets?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:55 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Which? The shiny gold and green ND ones or the bam bam biggelow ASU helmets?

I was talking about the ND ones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:14 pm 

For a one-off, the ND ones looked pretty sweet to me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
spanky wrote:
For a one-off, the ND ones looked pretty sweet to me.

In the grand scheme of ugly one-off jerseys, ND's weren't that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:12 pm 

Calm down.

They're playing the season without their starting QB who would likely be leading the Heisman race and curing cancer if he were still around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Calm down.

They're playing the season without their starting QB who would likely be leading the Heisman race and curing cancer if he were still around

They really are playing OK under the circumstances. The schedule gets much easier after USC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bruno's
Scorehead wrote:
It goes without saying that if Brian Kelly were to leave ND for the NFL, that would be a huge blow to ND.
I really really really hope that Kelly goes to the NFL.

Enjoying the latest ND scandal? The NFL may be looking a little more attractive to Kelly right now.

The South Bend Tribune has wasted no time in raking Kelly over the coals. Blame the father when the son fucks up. Publish a laundry list of player transgressions to make the coach look bad. WTF, you expect championship play without high-risk athletes? -- High reward, increasingly high risk.

It's all too clear why Urban Meyer turned the job down. You just can't get play at the highest level with choir boys. ND, since the time of Vinny Cerrato's exit, hasn't permitted their coaches to bring in enough high-risk players -- and that's an enormous factor as to why Davie, Willingham, and Weis all failed. At one time for example Holtz wanted Randy Moss out of high school. The administration nixed that immediately. The same dicks who claim the University is willing to use its resources to help student-athletes succeed are the ones who deny admission to key personnel without a second thought.

Don't be too quick to write off the season though. Media people have short memories. Going back a ways, right after Under the Tarnished Dome was published, Holtz had one of his best seasons.

I love how ABC News can't even get the name of the University correct on their national TV newscast. Maybe the school needs to reach 200 years old before they can get it right.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
You really crying ND cant get top talent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bruno's
Not really, but when you saw how they failed to measure up against Alabama in the championship game, it was obvious they were falling short.

On offense especially, Kelly has dramatically improved the quality of depth since back then. And Golson should be somewhat improved. They've made strides. But with this latest situation, a lot of wins from over the past 3 seasons could have to be vacated. And that's about as bad as it gets.

It used to be that key players like Chris Zorich and Tony Rice represented risks, but their admissions were granted. Now it's harder to get gamebreakers in -- exceptions are much more of a rarity.

If you look at a couple of Cerrato's last recuiting years -- for 1990 and 1991 -- those guys were juniors and seniors on the 1993 team that went 11-1 and beat Nat'l Champ FSU. It's no coincidence that a group that good hasn't been assembled since.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nobody gives a shit about vacated wins, ask Calipari. Whoever's in charge of acedemic fraud at ND needs to be fired. Every other college can get away with it, smart guys at ND should be able to figure it as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
As a ND hater, I am enjoying the Brian Kelly crash & burn.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm 

GOIrishND wrote:
It's all too clear why Urban Meyer turned the job down. You just can't get play at the highest level with choir boys. ND, since the time of Vinny Cerrato's exit, hasn't permitted their coaches to bring in enough high-risk players -- and that's an enormous factor as to why Davie, Willingham, and Weis all failed. At one time for example Holtz wanted Randy Moss out of high school. The administration nixed that immediately. The same dicks who claim the University is willing to use its resources to help student-athletes succeed are the ones who deny admission to key personnel without a second thought.
This is either a gross mischaracterization or a flat out lie. Every school has some level of standards and every school has players who can't get in because of them. Notre Dame may not operate on the extreme side of a Miami or Alabama but they let in plenty of questionable kids. Most of the players on Notre Dame couldn't have been accepted if they were applying as a normal student.

Also, Notre Dame is notorious for being incredibly easy to stay in with minimal effort for both regular students and for athletes. You have to try really hard to fail out of Notre Dame. This is especially true if you pick the right classes. 45% of classes at Notre Dame give A- or more to 70%+ of the class.

Randy Moss is a HORRIBLE example considering he was viewed as off limits for pretty much every school. There is a reason he ended up where he did.

The only real tough part about Notre Dame is paying for it, or getting through the difficult selection process(unless you are rich and donate). Those issues don't come up for football players unless there is an extreme grade situation and in that case most of the Big Ten also has to pass on them.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Can one of the ND guys here tell me how after they lose 4 main players and are in disarray they can still be ranked 17 in the preseason poll this morning?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Can one of the ND guys here tell me how after they lose 4 main players and are in disarray they can still be ranked 17 in the preseason poll this morning?

Votes were due pre-scandal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:13 pm 

spanky wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Votes were due pre-scandal.

They're still that good

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next