It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stop making fun of larry
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am 

its not funny to make fun of mentally challenged equestrian animals. you guys make me sick.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think Leary is doing laps around Mike North in most reviled host. He has a ways to go to catch Bernsie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am 

but dan and mike have natural talent....

i mean, is it affirmative action? why else is he still here? hes fine for a college radio station, but this is big league. we got rid of golf and i would much rather listen to him then comic book boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
jimmypasta wrote:
I think Leary is doing laps around Mike North in most reviled host. He has a ways to go to catch Bernsie.

I just think a difference exists.

People started to hate North for being quite the A Hole at the end.

Leary isn't hateable, it's really just annoying, lame and BORING. Add in his poor speech skills and you have one of the worst combos I can think of for a radio host.

The guys who really should (and some do) hate him are those who have the unfortunate task of working FOR him. He is one of those guys who because he bought you pizza at night, you now owe the guy something! Even if that something is some type of acknowledgement that he started you in the radio world.

So while I dont think he is the hated type, he is the <clickable> type as in PTFB.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I just think a difference exists.

People started to hate North for being quite the A Hole at the end.

Leary isn't hateable, it's really just annoying, lame and BORING. Add in his poor speech skills and you have one of the worst combos I can think of for a radio host.

The guys who really should (and some do) hate him are those who have the unfortunate task of working FOR him. He is one of those guys who because he bought you pizza at night, you now owe the guy something! Even if that something is some type of acknowledgement that he started you in the radio world.

So while I dont think he is the hated type, he is the <clickable> type as in PTFB.

Larry's producer's hating him? You've hinted at this more than once. Gonna say it's not so much Herb as he has defended Larry on this board. Gotta be Joe O. I can see it. Larry does Lord over them like they are his peasants and owe him like you said. The open to his show for example. Calling them his "A team". That's demeaning.

Plus guys like drinky and Joe have been at the station for over a decade. Around the same age as Larry. Started out as producers with Larry. So the way Larry acts has to be a put off to them since he's advanced and they're still producers. Almost like he rubs it in their faces.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I still say that Larry is lucky one of the producers doesnt punch his fucking teeth in for that 'A-Team' bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Larry's so-lo-ho ain't that bad.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Larry is just alright with me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Really, he's fine as long as he's not with Dan, where he becomes an obsequious creep. I mean, at least he's dedicated to his craft as a broadcaster, which is more than can be said for some of the stumblebums who have come and gone through WSCR thinking they deserve major dayparts without being able to read copy or run a board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Mr. Reason wrote:

Yeah,I always felt that way. I think for working by himself (which is the hardest job),he does pretty well. I never noticed a lot of the shit he does until the guys on here started pointing it out. I still don't mind him overall.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

Yeah,I always felt that way. I think for working by himself (which is the hardest job),he does pretty well. I never noticed a lot of the shit he does until the guys on here started pointing it out. I still don't mind him overall.

yes, his deep thoughts are quite engaging.

Nothing better when he jumps in for crosstalk and unveils his big angle for the evening show! The angle that he spent hours thinking up to be original and it shows how deep his sports knowledge goes.......Yet, Dan and Teary already talked about and Danny just leaves it alone because he wants to leave. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

Nothing better when he jumps in for crosstalk and unveils his big angle for the evening show! The angle that he spent hours thinking up to be original and it shows how deep his sports knowledge goes.......Yet, Dan and Teary already talked about and Danny just leaves it alone because he wants to leave. :P

If you're going to sports radio for deep thoughts, then you may be in need of professional help. I use it exclusively as an escape from the important things in life. Larry is the perfect vehilcle for that trip for the most part. Shake that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Mr. Reason wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

If you're going to sports radio for deep thoughts, then you may be in need of professional help. I use it exclusively as an escape from the important things in life. Larry is the perfect vehilcle for that trip for the most part. Shake that.

Typical mindset of lifelong gin drinkers .....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Typical mindset of lifelong gin drinkers .....

Just proving good gin makes everything better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Gin makes Larry seem to be a good listen.

If that kind of word gets out, they'll be shuttering up all the distilleries by year's end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 am 

i just found a new shoutcast stream called "new normal rock" its awesome! so much better then that 'score' shit- http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-sta ... ?id=204177

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
IkeSouth wrote:
we got rid of golf and i would much rather listen to him then comic book boy

Nobody got rid of Jason Golf. He took a better job elsewhere.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
After staring at the seat in front of me on the airplane for 5 hours, I find listening to Larry on the way home from the airport tolerable. Unless he's got Marcellus Bennett on. Then I surf 94.7, 97.1, 97.9, 104.3 looking for a song that isn't the Eagles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:53 am 
1000 CLUB

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
we got rid of golf and i would much rather listen to him then comic book boy

Nobody got rid of Jason Golf. He took a better job elsewhere.

Beardown: Keep telling yourself that, OKC. Keep telling yourself that.

Mac: Image

OKC: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jason Golf is not back.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Golf is bad for the community. The chemical runoff is awful for the water supply.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:08 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Golf is bad for the community. The chemical runoff is awful for the water supply.

i cant tell if you hate white or black people...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
IkeSouth wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

i cant tell if you hate white or black people...

look at the screen name, clearly he hates injuns.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 am 

You cannot put Sir in the position of superiority or he absolutely abuses the power. He's fine cooped up in his studio all alone at nights because its funny watching a kitten look in the mirror and think he is a lion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
You cannot put Sir in the position of superiority or he absolutely abuses the power. He's fine cooped up in his studio all alone at nights because its funny watching a kitten look in the mirror and think he is a lion.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:22 am 

When teary dies will he talk about "someone used to do a black slang greeting and I always wanted to punch him in the face!"

"2 Favorite Words in SHO BIDZNESS, Lorence Homes"

"Hi, Uncle teary"