It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Serious requests only, but I am being remarkably serious with this offer.

Long story short when we started planning this wedding over 18 months ago, our initial list of guests was ~200 people, and we ended up inviting 188. I wanted to have an entire table or 2 of CSFMB'ers, but with that number we had to draw a line somewhere. So we initially cut out some of you, and some of her co-workers. Unfortunately we have gotten over 30 RSVP's of No (pregnancies, job changes, and moving are the most common reasons) which is about 50 people, so we're real short on the number of guests we had to guarantee for the room.

We are not even expecting a gift, we've decided that we would rather have the room full and have people eat 'n' drink the food 'n' booze we have to pay for anyway.

If you had to cut "some of you" and "some of her co-workers", why not invite those particular individuals once you knew you were going to be short of the count needed for the room? So now you are reduced to inviting random internet friends to what should be the biggest day/night of your life as a couple? That's sad. Maybe if things get really desperate, you could offer to pay people to act as chair fillers..... :lol:

Go fuck yourself! Very classy guy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Which one of your wedding ceremonies was your favorite, Steve?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'd rather pay people to be chair fillers than pay a horse to be the altar.

You'd be welcome to come too, Steve, but I wouldn't want you spending too much money on yet another dress your wife will never wear. That, and I know Friday is your big bowling night so I don't want to take away a chance for you to roll a 348 series.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

There are several weddings in EH's past? How many ex-Mrs. Elmhurst Steve's are floating around out there?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

The first one by far. It was perhaps the most fun-filled wedding I have attended, not just been married in. We had over 300 guests, and the reception was at the old Elmhurst Country Club. The groomsmen and I played golf there the day before the wedding and it became tradition that we play golf the day before any of us gets married. Fun tradition. It became Oak Meadows and the clubhouse that the reception was held in unfortunately burned down in 2009. The wedding in Las Vegas was great and honestly, I didn't have any need for the last reception at the club here that followed. But my wife wanted to share the event with friends/family so I indulged her. It was a fun time and all, but I'm just not big on having a big, elaborate wedding reception for a 2nd wedding. But I am smart enough to know that indulging her was the right thing to do though. We did play golf the day before the last reception too, so that tradition was properly observed.

Denisdman-I have been married to just 2 women, so there is just 1 ex "floating around"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'd rather pay people to be chair fillers than pay a horse to be the altar.

Red Rock Canyon was the alter and I hope your alter is as glorious as Red Rock Canyon is at sunset.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 pm 

Gotcha. Have you ever thought of becoming a wedding planner?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Jerk response to Frank, Steve. Come on, man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
That's sad. Maybe if things get really desperate, you could offer to pay people to act as chair fillers..... :lol:
Chicago's Fantasy Football Championship Convention. END. OF. DISCUSSION.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Jerk response to Frank, Steve. Come on, man.

I would expect more even from an attention whore like Steve.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
If you had to cut "some of you" and "some of her co-workers", why not invite those particular individuals once you knew you were going to be short of the count needed for the room?
:lol: :lol: Well, Steven, this is the exact reason why PM's were sent and this thread was started. You are a smart man.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm 

Great! Steve has now rueeeened Frank's wedding!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
That's sad. Maybe if things get really desperate, you could offer to pay people to act as chair fillers..... :lol:

We had between 900-1,000 people there for the convention/championship this year. No need for seat-fillers there!

N0-sad is when 26.6 % of the invited guests decline....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

We had between 900-1,000 people there for the convention/championship this year. No need for seat-fillers there!

Right, but those are strangers. Weirdo's who carve out time for fantasy football conventions and then brag about attending said Loser Rallies on message boards.

It's a little different, Steve-a-reno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:47 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I don't have the experience you do in wedding planning but 1/4th doesn't sound too bad for an offseason wedding.

What do I know though. You had one of the greatest weddings ever because it was at a country club and you played golf the day before. I've honestly never heard of something so unique.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Right, but those are strangers. Weirdo's who carve out time for fantasy football conventions and then brag about attending said Loser Rallies on message boards.

It's a little different, Steve-a-reno[/quote]

Okay, how different is it when you get to the point of posting a thread (including not just people who he's met, but anyone who log's onto this site) for all to see, to try to get asses into empty seats? This is supposed to be the biggest day/night of a married couple's lives and you have to recruit possible strangers from a message board? Perhaps it's the result of a fall-out from their not attending his friend's wedding when they were too busy moving into their home?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Okay, how different is it when you get to the point of posting a thread (including not just people who he's met, but anyone who log's onto this site) for all to see, to try to get asses into empty seats? This is supposed to be the biggest day/night of a married couple's lives and you have to recruit possible strangers from a message board? Perhaps it's the result of a fall-out from their not attending his friend's wedding when they were too busy moving into their home?

Ive never been married or on a horse, but all the numbers im seeing on line indicate 70% is the average attendance.

Frank is above average.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Why do you crave attention like a 3 year old Steve? The way you describe your life it doesn't sound like you should need it. Are you unhappy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I don't have the experience you do in wedding planning but 1/4th doesn't sound too bad for an offseason wedding.

What do I know though. You had one of the greatest weddings ever because it was at a country club and you played golf the day before. I've honestly never heard of something so unique.

No. It was just a great day all-around. Everyone who was important to me was there. My Grandparents, my Brother and Dad who all passed away since. Friends, Neighbors, Relatives and Co-Workers were all there. There was just 1 friend that couldn't be there of all those invited and that was because he was playing in the College Baseball World series. Over 300 people and to this day people tell me what a great time they had that day. The food was outstanding, the Music had everyone dancing all night. My Dad paid them to keep going an hour longer into the night because everyone was having a great time and hardly anyone had left. The golf the day before was just a very small part of it. But the fact that I was the first in our group to be wed and began that tradition that we carry on still...is kinda neat.

As far as having over 1/4 of the guests decline, I cannot imagine that happening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
No. It was just a great day all-around. Everyone who was important to me was there. My Grandparents, my Brother and Dad who all passed away since. Friends, Neighbors, Relatives and Co-Workers were all there. There was just 1 friend that couldn't be there of all those invited and that was because he was playing in the College Baseball World series. Over 300 people and to this day people tell me what a great time they had that day. The food was outstanding, the Music had everyone dancing all night. My Dad paid them to keep going an hour longer into the night because everyone was having a great time and hardly anyone had left. The golf the day before was just a very small part of it. But the fact that I was the first in our group to be wed and began that tradition that we carry on still...is kinda neat.
Is this a bit? This sounds like any wedding that has ever happened at any country club.

Were you expecting a bunch of people to say "Your wedding sucked"?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
Why do you crave attention like a 3 year old Steve? The way you describe your life it doesn't sound like you should need it. Are you unhappy?

He's just a person that is lost and devoid of personality. The interactions he has here are probably the highlight of his day. I pity him, but we all make the choices that direct the outcome of our lives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm 

Nas wrote:

I just say what I think and it sometimes gets reactions. Sure, occasionally I say/write things aimed at reaction, but most times I am just saying/writing what many others may already be thinking, but too timid to say. I'm sure many who saw this thread also thought how sad it was that someone was reduced to asking for guests to his wedding on a message board. I'm sure that others thought it odd that 26% of those invited to the wedding declined the invitation. If it were a "Destination Wedding" that percentage would be understandable. But not otherwise. So many other people probably thought many of the same things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm 

Why, Steve?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 pm 

The ultimate in troll technology from the Silicon Valley of the Midwest -Elmhurst. He probably has a bet on how long this thread will go. Over/under- 5 pages. Troll is well fed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
denisdman wrote:
The ultimate in troll technology from the Silicon Valley of the Midwest -Elmhurst. He probably has a bet on how long this thread will go. Over/under- 5 pages. Troll is well fed.

Exactly. It's just a bit, and a poor one at that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
... rueeeened ...

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Nas wrote:
Why do you crave attention like a 3 year old Steve?

He's clinical; I don't wonder why.

I do wonder why you dopes can't wait to respond to him like Pavlovian dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ive never been married or on a horse, but all the numbers im seeing on line indicate 70% is the average attendance.

Did Steve have to hire some saddle fillers?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Why, Steve?

Nas wrote:

You mean a to tell me that a man that seeks out total strangers for negative attention, and is not a male prostitute, lives some sort of happy life?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Here's hoping Binny's Clerk can get the night off.

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next