All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: S&H
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
spmack wrote:
Tomorrow's show will be H&B(uffone).

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't post enough emoticons to properly express my amusement about that pairing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Franky T wrote:
I mostly get a chance to listen to the station in the morning between 8:30-10:30. I like Mac and I like Meat. But I just can't listen with Leary. I just can't do it. This whole thing sucks.

usually tuned in around 12, havent in weeks. Frustrated

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. This strikes me as a power move by Zimmerman. He was on this right away.

Unpaid leave. Quickly changing the name. I'll bet Zim even told Score staff not even to mention Mac's name. Cuz I don't hear any "Da Ma Nas" from B&B.

He's basically telling Mac he doesn't want him to return. Mac's gonna have to sue to get some money back. Zim would rather not give him a dime.

I see both sides. Zim is running a business. Mac has depression. This is the 2nd extended leave from Mac. They were good to him the first time. Not to mention all of the times he calls in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
If that is the case then the Score is fucked. You cannot simply stop paying someone and not allow them to return at some point due to a certified mental illness. May take a while but Mac will make cash if that is the case and he wants to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
pittmike wrote:
If that is the case then the Score is fucked. You cannot simply stop paying someone and not allow them to return at some point due to a certified mental illness. May take a while but Mac will make cash if that is the case and he wants to do that.

I don't think this is true. Benefits vary from company to company. If Mac's benefits include paid medical leave, then he'll get his - but not from CBS radio - most likely by filing a claim through their insurance provider.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Thats why I posted earlier it is possible that they shifted him to short/long term disability when it was mentioned they are not paying him. Regardless, I believe there is some sort of protection regarding losing your job due to illness. They may not have to hold his show slot but you cannot make someone that becomes ill an ex employee without some discussions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Companies don't have to pay for all medical time missed. It's stipulated what you get for normal sick time and extraordinary sick time.

It just so happens that Mac has 8 months left or so. So I guess people think he should get all of that if he misses that time for depression.

But let's say he had a 4 years left on a contract. And had to miss 4 years because of depression. The Score certainly wouldn't be obligated to pay 4 years for an absent employee.

Mac probably got paid leave the for his first extended missing of time. Zim didn't want to do it this time. Or maybe he used up that "extraordinary" paid leave for that first time. Doesn't have anymore. I don't know. But Mac took alot of vacation time this year as has been pointed out here. Probably used it all up. Probably used all of his normal sick days as well. So he's probably out. That's why you save that stuff for times when you really need it.

Yeah. They can't fire him for his depression. But they won't have to do that. He's up in 8 months. They just won't renew him. That's not a firing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
bigfan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
I mostly get a chance to listen to the station in the morning between 8:30-10:30. I like Mac and I like Meat. But I just can't listen with Leary. I just can't do it. This whole thing sucks.

You missed a great interview with Hunter Hillenmeyer (sp?). I apologai if there is already a thread about that.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
pittmike wrote:
Thats why I posted earlier it is possible that they shifted him to short/long term disability when it was mentioned they are not paying him. Regardless, I believe there is some sort of protection regarding losing your job due to illness. They may not have to hold his show slot but you cannot make someone that becomes ill an ex employee without some discussions.

So........Mac is Roddy White. Play him or stick him on the IR already!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
If Larry brings in his goldfish Arbraham I hope Matt eats him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

Sure you can. Mac didn't want to show up for work and now is on "unpaid leave".
Why would you pay him again?
He posted a long post not long ago about not liking wany things and might go in a different direction.
You don't have to employ people who fail to show up for work, have had addiction problems and publicly criticize the management.
They can tell him what rehab he must seek in order to be re-instated. They have the choice, not Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You missed a great interview with Hunter Hillenmeyer (sp?). I apologai if there is already a thread about that.

Well, I guess the "great interview(s)" with ex Bears is something I will miss out on. It is a chance I take, and a sacrifice I am willing to make, to not listen to the train wreck that is Leary Holmes.

Have fun, and post the highlights.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 am 

I doubt Mac would want to come back now that management has already renamed the show. You have to save face. It's a big fuck you to McNeil. And to have Larry as his replacement is a double fuck you. He'll probably sit out his contract and go to WGN or back to the Mouse. Why not do some podcasts in your lame duck period, Mac? Do radio contracts have a stipulation about a host putting out their own product on podcasts independent of the station?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 am 
1000 CLUB

No. WGN 720 doesn't hire Mac's kind. You guys should know that. Kaplan is their kind. The spineless, house man, jock sniffer, douche types. ESPN 1000 obviously won't hire him.

Mac's done. Maybe he finishes his current contract at some point but that's it. No shame. 20 year run in Chicago radio for him. We've talked to producers on this site that never got a chance and are near or over 40. Some of them still think they got a shot. They don't. Mac had a long run He should be grateful. I'm sure he is. Mac won radio. Very few can say that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
No. WGN 720 doesn't hire Mac's kind. You guys should know that. Kaplan is their kind. The spineless, house man, jock sniffer, douche types. ESPN 1000 obviously won't hire him.

Jimmy DeCastro from the 1000 glory days is running WGN now. Mac worked for him on the Coppock show. They know they need a spine now; it's not impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Score is doomed wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Sure you can. Mac didn't want to show up for work and now is on "unpaid leave".
Why would you pay him again?
He posted a long post not long ago about not liking wany things and might go in a different direction.
You don't have to employ people who fail to show up for work, have had addiction problems and publicly criticize the management.
They can tell him what rehab he must seek in order to be re-instated. They have the choice, not Mac.

We'll be fahn. Mac, uh, he's gaht a, a head, he'll be fahn.