It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I was told to stop listening if I dont want to listen to Leary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
To quote Bernstein. For me this show is beginning to get "Fun Bad." As much as I can't stand it I'm listening to it in the same way I used to watch "Saved By The Bell" back in the day. Now if we could just get Kelly Kapowski and Jessie Spano on the webcam it would all be happening!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Tad Queasy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
BigClem wrote:
Which is more prevalent? Matt's unhappiness about coming back to the show today, or Leary's unhappiness that Matt came back to the show today?

I caught the first couple minutes. Spiegel was saying what his ailments were. Leary fired back a couple times that no one cares. I had to laugh, considering Leary is the one who takes a 20-second story about ordering a pizza and turns it ten minutes of word vomit. Because that's what people keer about.

I could have sworn he mentioned his Crohn's earlier in the week. Plus, I read here a few years ago that he missed some time for health reasons and when he came back he gave a rather long speech about his health status because "so many people" had been asking him to do so.

I suspect that was roughly the same number of people who forced him to get Ginger Zee on his show one evening so he could clear the air about "all the rumors" that they were dating.

He's mentioned it plenty. He also mentions a lot of dumb shit that further brutally bludgeons the show to death.

Just fucking terrible. Maybe Mac is using the drop (at least I hope they're dropping) in ratings as leverage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Leverage? LOL

Mac has NO leverage. He stopped showing up for work again and you think he has leverage?
Now that is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The ratings will be leverage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not enough to bring back that headache. They will try to develop a new show, Mac isn't
worth it. Heck, maybe Larry boosted ratings. LOL

Mac is just far to lazy to produce a good show anymore. He is still living in the past, both with his music and with the idea that those big money deals are still out there in radio.
Just ask North about it. At least North hustles and works at trying to get back, while Mac pulls
the old "feel sorry for me card" again.
Not many stations want to bring in giant headaches and Mac has almost run out of places to go, none of which will offer big money deals for that risk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
For months now I have had the feeling that Spiegel is completely miscast as a sports talker in this town. I just can't listen to him.
I hope he finds his path in life, which seemingly revolves around music and the entertainment industry.

He is in the toy department of life and sounds absolutely bored with the whole thing.

I also thought the same thing a while back as well. Then I saw the video stream and I realized that Matt is better in the #2 chair taking up the slack, offering the factoids, keeping the conversation going, being a wall for Mac to bounce off of. He is a radio "partner" and a complementary presence.

Mac was the lead dog and liked/needs the second fiddle, the way a strong lead guitarist needs someone to hit the right rhythm riffs to give texture to the sound.

Larry is not a good complement and he doesn't mesh well with Meat, which is evident in the way the show sounds and even more so when watching the stream. The first show where Meat is with anyone other than Larry and the difference will come through immeadiately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:33 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Leary just said Spiegel's man card is in jeopardy because he never solved Super Mario Brothers. :roll:

A signature PTFB moment for me. The phrase "Man Card" being used in conjunction with "Super Mario Brothers." That is beyond lame. What next? His cheats for winning at Legend of Zelda?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 pm 

BigClem wrote:
Wow! Just Wow! Leary just suggested bringing Matt Bowen in to do a football term glossary segment. I didn't think that creating something crappier than the "film room" segment was possible, but I guess shame on me for underestimating the Green lantern. First a video based segment during mid-days for a predominantly mobile audience, now a segment based on the portion of a book that is only utilized out of necessity. I should see if he wants to have me in to discuss the manual for my Buick. That's appointment radio. I'm at 8 I need a life changing lunch.

Bowen talks out of his ass. There is no standard terminology, just common references, and even that is loosely construed. His whole focus is from the safety's point of view, he doesn't know D-line play, and the next time he criticizes a defensive call will be his first. When talking about offense he just makes it up as he goes along, and veers back to how playing safety.

He has locked down the void of Hub Arkush becoming a second tier radio host, he can proclaim where he played his ball and yet he he doesn't have to answer any inane questions from callers, just radio hosts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 am 

Every day Holmes sounds more and more that he feels this is permanent, and he'll be leading the who, not just working with a partner. His attitude today - way over the top and always over talking Matt - made me feel that he's been told that this is his and to keep on driving the show ( right into the toilet).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
No Clever Moniker wrote:
BigClem wrote:
Wow! Just Wow! Leary just suggested bringing Matt Bowen in to do a football term glossary segment. I didn't think that creating something crappier than the "film room" segment was possible, but I guess shame on me for underestimating the Green lantern. First a video based segment during mid-days for a predominantly mobile audience, now a segment based on the portion of a book that is only utilized out of necessity. I should see if he wants to have me in to discuss the manual for my Buick. That's appointment radio. I'm at 8 I need a life changing lunch.

Bowen talks out of his ass. There is no standard terminology, just common references, and even that is loosely construed. His whole focus is from the safety's point of view, he doesn't know D-line play, and the next time he criticizes a defensive call will be his first. When talking about offense he just makes it up as he goes along, and veers back to how playing safety.

He has locked down the void of Hub Arkush becoming a second tier radio host, he can proclaim where he played his ball and yet he he doesn't have to answer any inane questions from callers, just radio hosts.

Nice call and great work in this thread, NCM. It feels as if Bowen is just reading stuff out of a "Football Jargon to Sound Smart to Idiots" books. None of it is even real.

"Guys, you know, that play I like to call a "dead right wheel" and what I mean by that is, ya know, you have all your players run routes and go right to hit their landmarks which are Sigmoid, Dune and Mr Hollands Opus...."

And Didea (if that is who he really says he is.....) is right on. Holmes has the demeanor of someone who knows or has been told outright that it's "HIS SHOW" now, from almost day 1 he has taken total control. Bad.