It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Idea for Mitch Rosen
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Mitch I know you read this board. You should replace MacNeil & Spiegel Show or Spiegel & Holmes Show with Swirsky & Arkush Show. Hub knows football and can talk other sports and Swirsky knows basketball and can also talks other sports. They both know each other from WGN and you worked for Swirsky at WGN and helped bring him back to Chicago as the voice of the Bulls. This would be an extremely strong show.

Post subject: Re: Idea for Mitch Rosen
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
spadaesq1 wrote:
Mitch I know you read this board. You should replace MacNeil & Spiegel Show or Spiegel & Holmes Show with Swirsky & Arkush Show. Hub knows football and can talk other sports and Swirsky knows basketball and can also talks other sports. They both know each other from WGN and you worked for Swirsky at WGN and helped bring him back to Chicago as the voice of the Bulls. This would be an extremely strong show.

Swirsk, OK
Hub , No way. The giggling would be non stop and I dont think I can take a full year of Hub telling everyone they dont know as much as him and thus we have no idea what we watch on sundays.

Swirsk and Grote

I think Grote is the one who has shown he can do Sports talk, not be a boring listen (leary like) and he has been good when paired with any of the older guys.

If you havent noticed, Rosenbloom doesnt get along with many. He is a really smart guy and his tolerance for others is really low, kinda like Bernstein.

But as long as ESPN has The Bulls , Swirsk aint leaving/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Wasn't Swirsk in Seattle for awhile?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 pm 

Beebo wrote:
Wasn't Swirsk in Seattle for awhile?

Toronto for sure

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think Hanley should team up with Speigs and get two new guys for AM.
Once the Bears lose on Monday ,"the "screaming mimi" loses his fastball.
Get a young guy teamed with an old guy OR get two chicks!

That would be something different!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:23 pm 

Chuck grew up in Washington.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
jimmypasta wrote:
get two chicks!

That would be something different!

That's precisely the kind of off-the-wall thinking that just might work for a 9-11 show. They'd never do it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:53 pm 

Chuck Swirsky response

@swirsk054: @SportsandTorts @mitchrosen670 @670thescore @hub_arkush Nice ! Sign me up !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:14 pm 

chuck is my all time guy!

before half of this site was alive I was listening to Chuck on WCFL AM 1000 on a late Sunday night

Just stole/inherited/grabbed from the basement my step brothers 8 track/tuner system, as he just upgraded to cassette! So I hooked up my first stereo on a Sunday night and went station trolling on "MY STEREO" and find Swirsk letting some lady bitch about some Soccer league letting her kids drive down to florida and I guess they cancelled the soccer tourney and she was pissed on the air. Thus my first caller!

After that, listened to the rest of the first sports talk show LIVE FROM THE THIRSTY WHALE!

So, Chuck , as the Godfather of Sportstalk in this town can do no wrong in my eyes!

Bbbboooop!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Ahh,the Whale. I also hung out at the nickel bag,comedy womb & Gene and Judes. That was over 30 years ago. Time flies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
What a sad combination of retreads and never was'. Can't we shoot a bit higher than a pile of horse crap?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
bigfan wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:

Swirsk, OK
Hub , No way. The giggling would be non stop and I dont think I can take a full year of Hub telling everyone they dont know as much as him and thus we have no idea what we watch on sundays.

Swirsk and Grote

I think Grote is the one who has shown he can do Sports talk, not be a boring listen (leary like) and he has been good when paired with any of the older guys.

If you havent noticed, Rosenbloom doesnt get along with many. He is a really smart guy and his tolerance for others is really low, kinda like Bernstein.

Grote was a complete asshole today on his show. He tried to Bernstine a caller today and get schooled by the guy. Rosie just let it happen.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:

Rosey made a point to say that Bernsie stole his "yell at the callers" style.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Whatever they do, it couldn't hurt to cut B&B back down to 2-6. Maybe do one two-hour show and one three-hour show for middays.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:39 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Grote was a complete asshole today on his show. He tried to Bernstine a caller today and get schooled by the guy. Rosie just let it happen.

Bernstein would never go after an actual law school professor. Especially with no real facts & a really convoluted argument on his "side". Rosey just had to be sitting there laughing silently at Grote's inability to stop embarrassing himself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:36 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
bigfan wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:

Swirsk, OK

Swirsk and Grote

Yea, I heard that too. The caller got the best of Grote. Grote is nothing but an update guy. He shouldn't have a regular show.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 am 

denisdman wrote:
What a sad combination of retreads and never was'. Can't we shoot a bit higher than a pile of horse crap?

My thoughts exactly. It's like people want to return to the days of listening to Chet and whatever that abortion of a show on 670 before it was the Score. Couple this with a bad ESPN lineup and I may do the unthinkable and stop listening to sports talk