It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
into the sunset, across the oceans, bounding the vast deserts....you are gone, now and forever.

Fuck you, Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
"Film Room" @ 10:40. Your weekly chance to break down video content ON THE FUCKING RADIO! Can't wait to pull my car over and log onto the webstream that nobody watches and get bored with Bowen and Leary while speigs takes a dump. You've been warned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Another day of Larry, and another day of endless speculation about Cutler's contract, and dissection of whether McCown is good or not. Shoot me in the head and make it go away.

One thing I used to like about this show was that neither Meat nor Mac acted like an authority on anything. They knew their opinion bore no more weight than the average schmuck who calls in. But then in comes Larry - a Bernstein wanna-be. Every moment of every day I listen, all I hear is Larry talk like he knows the "real" issues and story behind the story, while Meat and the callers just skirt around the obvious points, because they're just simpletons that aren't connected like Larry is.

I dare anyone to listen for ten minutes and not hear Larry try to one-up Meat on any subject, whether he really knows it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I don't know how you guys are still doing it. Music and NPR for me. No more midday listening until Laurence Haskell is gone. The king of the midday show killers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:03 am 

FloydGondolli wrote:
Another day of Larry, and another day of endless speculation about Cutler's contract, and dissection of whether McCown is good or not. Shoot me in the head and make it go away.

One thing I used to like about this show was that neither Meat nor Mac acted like an authority on anything. They knew their opinion bore no more weight than the average schmuck who calls in. But then in comes Larry - a Bernstein wanna-be. Every moment of every day I listen, all I hear is Larry talk like he knows the "real" issues and story behind the story, while Meat and the callers just skirt around the obvious points, because they're just simpletons that aren't connected like Larry is.

I dare anyone to listen for ten minutes and not hear Larry try to one-up Meat on any subject, whether he really knows it or not.

It was evident yesterday when Meat brought up WR tandem comparisons and Larry just cut him off and shat all over it. "Yeah, I guess I can see that but who they REALLLY are like is......"

What a turd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

It was evident yesterday when Meat brought up WR tandem comparisons and Larry just cut him off and shat all over it. "Yeah, I guess I can see that but who they REALLLY are like is......"

What a turd.
Peoria Matt wrote:
I don't know how you guys are still doing it. Music and NPR for me. No more midday listening until Laurence Haskell is gone. The king of the midday show killers.

NPR? I'll take the all American Hyde Park Bad Boy over your neo-communist wet farts, anyday!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:18 am 

:lol: :lol:

That was a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I got no streamage so time to try MVP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:
I got no streamage so time to try MVP.

Good luck with that, Champ. I already went down that road and it is a road on which you will meet one man with the personality of a turnip and another man who isn't a dumb guy but for some reason thinks it's hilarious to act like one.

Champ.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 am 

Film room time!!

By the way, good job Meat in blowing Larry's quarterback theory on Jimmy G...(whatever his last name is) being a target of the Bears out of the water. Larry trying to sound smart with a hot lead just blew up in his face because as Meat clearly pointed out to him, EVERYBODY in the division needs a backup quarterback, and Minnesota needs a starter. In fact the one team that could do without a backup is the Bears. Go home and get your shine box Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am 

i just listend to 10min of commercials then the host reads more commerical advertising and before i could even get to the point where larry makes me turn the radio off i just turned it off anyway.

is the score 80% commercials, and 10% sports talk?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am 

SomeGuy is to be lauded for keeping up this section and Floyd Gondolli is getting to the point, where im going to know who he is :thumleft:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm 

I realize that this is a tired, standard Score complaint, but it must be stated. I believe the Blackhawks won a game last night, and are in first place. They have not been mentioned outside of the updates thus far. The station has been almost entirely focused on McCown v. Cutler for weeks now. It's done as a topic for anyone with half a brain. After the break their switching the conversation to the freaking Bulls! Not to mention Bitchy McNasalcunt appears to have had her work load increased. I'm going to give The G FM live stream a try. I can'ts takes no more...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am as big on hockey as anyone, but do I really want these two guys talking hockey? LoHo already told us how he is too cool to sit in the 300 level and about his great seats the other game. It doesn't seem like these guys breaking down the Hawks power play or goalie situation would benefit any of us.

I am so numb to bad sports talk radio that they aren't bothering me too much. I have an interest in the Eaton thing because he was a sleeper pick for me last year and did not work out due to his injury. I actually like Eaton. He has some upside. I looked at Santiago's stat, and they were decent. His WHIP was on the high side due to a lot of walks. Everything else looked good.

We're not getting away from Bears talk. Everyone's trying to figure out this team and its QB's. There is plenty of football left to be played followed by a very interesting off season. A large portion of this team is heading to free agency. Stay tuned for lots of Bears talk....or not.

On the NPR stuff, I was a big listener for a better part of 10 years. I quit listening after what they did to Juan Williams, and I have stuck by that pledge. I listen to the audio version of the Economist in the car now. Like NPR, it is high quality reporting. I never minded NPR's liberal bent as it balances against my leanings. But I didn't like when they tried to censor one of their better commentators.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I love the Hawks, but it's hard to justify more than a quick drive-by until Bears season is over; that's just the reality of the sports landscape. The problem is that the Score can't even be arsed to do the drive-by. But never lose sight of the fact that Blackhawks talk on the Score is brought to you by Bud Light.

And NPR isn't liberal. NPR is liberal in the same sense that Rahm Emanuel is liberal. I don't let that stop me from appreciating their product, which in today's media world is indispensable, but I have to account for where their biases lie.

EDIT: The most conventionally "liberal" show they have these days is Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!, of all things, if your schema for The Liberal Media is a bunch of nerdlingers giggling about what a dumb bitch Michele Bachman is and having nothing constructive to offer. I'll give you that, but Morning Edition and All Things Considered are hardcore Beltway rimjobs.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 pm 

I thought NPR was fair in its reporting, but I felt it had a liberal tilt. It's not MSNBC by any means, but more in a CNN view of the world. In any case, it provides excellent programming. I am still boycotting because I am stubborn and have found an equally impressive outlet for my intellectual needs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
BigClem wrote:
I realize that this is a tired, standard Score complaint, but it must be stated. I believe the Blackhawks won a game last night, and are in first place. They have not been mentioned outside of the updates thus far. The station has been almost entirely focused on McCown v. Cutler for weeks now. It's done as a topic for anyone with half a brain. After the break their switching the conversation to the freaking Bulls! Not to mention Bitchy McNasalcunt appears to have had her work load increased. I'm going to give The G FM live stream a try. I can'ts takes no more...

Im sure Zawaski would like to talk Hawks, but no...no lets debate McCowenan and Cutty when there is no debate. Smart. Radio.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I thought NPR was fair in its reporting, but I felt it had a liberal tilt. It's not MSNBC by any means, but more in a CNN view of the world. In any case, it provides excellent programming. I am still boycotting because I am stubborn and have found an equally impressive outlet for my intellectual needs.

You know how Bernstein has talked about how awesome it is that modern wars are fought from office buildings in Bethesda? NPR is down the street from the office building in Bethesda. Their kids go to school together. That pretty well sums up NPR's worldview. If you want to call that liberal because there's a Democrat at the switch, whatevsies, but it seems like a linear progression from the Better Living Through Remotely Killin' Dudes zeitgeist of the last presidency.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You know how Bernstein has talked about how awesome it is that modern wars are fought from office buildings in Bethesda? NPR is down the street from the office building in Bethesda. Their kids go to school together. That pretty well sums up NPR's worldview. If you want to call that liberal because there's a Democrat at the switch, whatevsies, but it seems like a linear progression from the Better Living Through Remotely Killin' Dudes zeitgeist of the last presidency.

You crack me up. The sad thing is I think I know what you're saying with that bolded statement, and I shouldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 pm 

Larry has the whole Cutler contract thing figured out apparently. He's telling it how it is right now!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:04 pm 

No more "Moby Dick" as the closing theme. Interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
No more "Moby Dick" as the closing theme. Interesting.

Or depressing......pathetic.....sad......take your pick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
My friends and I (5 of us have all switched over to ESPN 1000 Middays) It's only 5 people, but its a start. ESPN 1000 is not bad. I can't believe 670 is still playing this game....they must not care about losing audience members. LOL at the film room prolly the worst radio segment of all time. Hockey Central at Noon (11 AM) 590 Toronto and ESPN for me. What a joke 670 has turned into.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Has anyone seen any ratings numbers? Just a question popped into my head. Has Mac's holdout, if that is what it is, corresponded to a book period?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:48 pm 

I haven't seen any daypart breakdowns but in the last book the station was ranked 13th, tied with a Mexican station. 1000 was 22nd with a 1.7. That means everything is fine! Hey, you're fired! How about a Bud Light!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
IkeSouth wrote:

You forgot the other 10%: movie reviews and discussions with the mentally challenged and Bears tight ends.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

You forgot the other 10%: movie reviews and discussions with the mentally challenged and Bears tight ends.

Don't forget long conversations about luscious cock, misadventures in the men's locker room and Green Lantern comics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:54 pm 

Had a sex ed instructor named Luscious Cock.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:12 pm 

:)